ADVERTISEMENT

Moss Interest.. Hes not leaving to be the guy..

He was on a team like that, yet, he passed up open 3's and dribbled into trouble or took long 2's. Moss is decent as a catch and shoot player, but, he wants to be more and that brings down his production and eFG rating.

I mentioned it in another thread, my biggest gripe with Moss was his lack of ability to drive and finish at the rim and his tendency to take inefficient long-range jumpers, just inside the arc, the worst shot selection on the team probably by a country mile.

I don't ever recall him being particularly good at defense either, he was certainly behind Dailey in that regard.

I wish him the best unless he runs into us down the line.

Reactions: MikeyHawk
Oh yes, that was the sentiment of many. It became rampant after the offense really clicked when he was out for a few games. Not only was the defense holding us back, his lack of ball movement was hurting us as well. Hilarious.

The problem is people never learn from their silly comments and continue to think that losing all-big 10 players is a good thing. Obviously that doesn’t apply to moss, but he fills a nice roll whether people want to give credit to him for that or not.
The Hawks facilitated well, but Wieskamp and Cook were the only players who were a threat to take you off the dribble and draw extra defenders

I'd transfer too if I were losing significant minutes to an inferior talent who is only playing so much because he is the coach's son. Nepotism U.
Still beating that drum? So the very few minutes/game that Connor wasn't in at PG and JBO wasn't on the floor, you think that constitutes nepotism and drove Moss from the team? That 2 minutes/game drove Moss away? Wow.

It’s not surprising that a good shooter like moss would be in demand.

I think the shock to the moss family is going to be the role he expects to get right now vs the role he ends up with.

Moss' list of schools is a little baffling. No way he starts at any of them. Definitely not Kansas, Arkansas, nor Oregon... Maybe Arkansas. But if you were their coach, would you supplant an underclassman that is starting for a guy only there for a year?

We all know how players get, excluding Baer, when they go from starting to the bench... Having an outsider come in would ruffle some feathers. Arkansas is all underclassmen starting and backing up in the backcourt.

Moss' list of schools is a little baffling. No way he starts at any of them. Definitely not Kansas, Arkansas, nor Oregon... Maybe Arkansas. But if you were their coach, would you supplant an underclassman that is starting for a guy only there for a year?

We all know how players get, excluding Baer, when they go from starting to the bench... Having an outsider come in would ruffle some feathers. Arkansas is all underclassmen starting and backing up in the backcourt.

I have a feeling Moss is going to learn the grass isn't always greener on the other side when it comes to playing time and production. But maybe he's ok with it and wanted a change of schools and scenery, who knows. Does he see same minutes at these schools as much as he saw at Iowa last year? Be curious to see how it plays out for him.

Last edited:
Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
When Moss was a freshman, I was excited to see him take it all the way to the basket on fast breaks. Which we hadn’t seen since Whitey left. He usually couldn’t finish, which we also assumed would be solved by his getting stronger during his redshirt year. But instead, he drove to the hoop less and less each year.
As his jump shooting got better, however he fell in love with that mid to long range two. He hit quite a few of those, but that doesn’t draw fouls or pressure the defense Like driving the lane does. So it seemed like I always wanted more or different from him than what he was.

I thought Moss was a solid fifth starter but he was never going to make the leap to a all conference type performer. I was always hoping he could get in the paint and kick to Joe or JBO. He just couldn’t make anyone better. I really hope CJF or JoeT can be a kid who can drive and find Joe-JBO for open shots. They have to be the core scores with Luka down low but we need more penetration and dishing.

I thought Moss was a solid fifth starter but he was never going to make the leap to a all conference type performer. I was always hoping he could get in the paint and kick to Joe or JBO. He just couldn’t make anyone better. I really hope CJF or JoeT can be a kid who can drive and find Joe-JBO for open shots. They have to be the core scores with Luka down low but we need more penetration and dishing.
I hope to see more driving and scoring in 1-on-1 situations with Toussaint than any of our current guards, and that should lead to more driving and dishing when defenses have to collapse on him to stop him.

C O M M I T T E D
1f417.png

D6pe0fhX4AIlVOG.jpg

D6pe0fjXsAAorWW.jpg

5:26 PM - 15 May 2019

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT