ADVERTISEMENT

Moss needs more touches

wbrhawkeye

HR MVP
Jun 12, 2012
As teams double team Jok, he and Bohannon need to get the ball to Moss. He has a sweet stroke, can slash to the basket, finish or get fouled. He's a great free throw shooter also. I think he is taking a back seat intentionally but we need to let him loose on the Big 10. That will free up Jok and Pemsl.

I think they're all just starting to fit the pieces together. Also, tonight Dakootans tightened up on Moss in the second half.

Love Moss's game at this point. Would love to seem him get more touches but I think that's going to vary game to game. Hawks certainly appear to have a number of scoring options when the defense focuses on a hot player.

What the team really needs is for Williams to step and take some pressure off Jordan. Its gonna be difficult for him to maintain this pace in the Big 10.

I don't trust Williams with the ball at this point. Unfortunately we have no quality back-up PG so that Jo Bo can get more rest. I wonder of Maishe can play pg

Reactions: Ihawkhoops
I think Moss does a really nice job with his role of complimenting Jok. Doesn't force anything, isn't selfish and is a pretty efficient player (good things usually happen when he has the ball). However, there were almost 8 minutes in the 2nd half where we didnt knock down a single fg, and I didn't here Moss' name mentioned much in the 2nd half.

Fran didn't play Moss much in the 2nd half for some reason. Moss needs to play a lot as he impacts the game on both ends of the court like Baer does, imo.
I thought maybe it was just me, but I don't recall seeing Moss out there much either in the 2nd half, and wondered what the heck happened. I assumed he was dinged or ticked Fran off in some way. He's certainly got some skills we could use on the floor at all times. Kid's a player for sure.

Reactions: Kurt Warner
Was surprised that Moss wasn't more of a factor in the second half. With Pete struggling to find his shooting touch, it would have been a big lift if Moss could have taken some of the scoring load. He's shown he's capable.

I don't trust Williams with the ball at this point. Unfortunately we have no quality back-up PG so that Jo Bo can get more rest. I wonder of Maishe can play pg

Williams is the back-up point all season IMO, next year I could see him being slid over to the 2/3 spot with Connor as the backup PG. His role would then become, kind of, like Dev's role (probably without all the scoring) where he was the 3rd PG behind MG and AC when they all played together.

I am not giving up on Williams as I think he presents a potential match-up problem with other teams if he can be used as a inside scoring guard...with all that length why not give him a few touches in the post if the match-up suggests it???

Williams doesn't look like he did at the end of last season, he was way more aggressive. Im starting to get a little discouraged with his play and wondering if he's going to be another uhl. Don't really think he would be a great 2 either without the shooting. He needs to become much much more aggressive.

He needs to be more aggressive when he does get the ball.

He's playing in the offense. Doesn't force things and let's the game come to him. Sure he could be a little more selfish and probably has that ability and honestly I wouldn't mind seeing it either, but his game is very good right now.

I thought maybe it was just me, but I don't recall seeing Moss out there much either in the 2nd half, and wondered what the heck happened. I assumed he was dinged or ticked Fran off in some way. He's certainly got some skills we could use on the floor at all times. Kid's a player for sure.

He played 26 minutes, which is just about the right number for Moss at this stage. Will likely see him play more minutes as the season goes on. Very interesting skill set. Doing a very good job of not forcing shots right now. As time goes on, he'll have more chances as Iowa starts to run more stuff for him. The growth he's had as a player in the last 3 weeks is remarkable.

Reactions: 24 so far
He's playing in the offense. Doesn't force things and let's the game come to him. Sure he could be a little more selfish and probably has that ability and honestly I wouldn't mind seeing it either, but his game is very good right now.

Needs to be more aggressive going to the hoop. Thats my opinion.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT