ADVERTISEMENT

Most streamed/searched for Christmas films by state

Menace Sockeyes

HB Legend
Sep 2, 2010
Via Rotten Tomatoes and Streaming Observer. Home Alone strong in the upper Midwest...
favorite-christmas-movies-by-state-768x706.jpg

The Apartment is a classic Billy Wilder film featuring Jack Lemmon, Fred MacMurray and Shriley Maclaine. The resolution comes during the holiday season.

Christmas in Connecticut is one of those perfect for the season films that people watch every year. The wonderful Barbara Stanwyck has to pretend for her overwrought publisher that she is married and living in a great house in the country with her husband and baby. She is actually a single writer living in a New York apt and faking the whole family and country story for her readers..
(Note - if this is the remake, Montana does suck.)

Die Hard well represented. Well done poll... well done.

Side note to 5 states putting up Trading Places. I don't know how Christmas Vacation is off this list but Bad Santa is on it. Oh wait, Nebraska.

So far, over the long Christmas weekend, we’ve watched:
Elf
It’s a wonderful life
Die hard
Polar express

I wonder if Michiganders prefer “Holiday Inn” with or without the blackface minstrel scene.

Reactions: mnole03
fun to look at, but I never believe these maps. There's simply no way there's that much variance between states if they compare the same time periods and apply the same criteria apples to apples.

How does ‘it’s a wonderful life’ not get more love? That movie is perfect in so many ways.

Ah, this gets us back to the annual argument about what is a Christmas movie. Is a movie set during the holidays, but not about the holidays (the holiday season has no significant impact on the plot), a Christmas movie? Personally, I say no.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT