ADVERTISEMENT

Mueller to speak today!

First of all that is not a statute you are quoting. Second, the standard is probable cause even under your quoted DOJ policy language - "probably be sufficient to obtain a conviction."

Finally, here's a typical federal grand jury instruction:

(5) The Evidence Needed Before a "'True Bill" May Be Voted
It is the responsibility of the grand jury to weigh the evidence presented to it in order to determine whether this evidence, usually without any explanation being offered by the accused, persuades it that there is probable cause to believe that a crime has been committed and that the accused was the person who committed it. Remember that the grand jury is not responsible for determining whether the accused is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt, but only whether there is sufficient evidence of probable cause to justify bringing the accused to trial. Only the evidence presented to the grand jury in the grand jury room may be considered in determining whether to vote an indictment.
HANDBOOK FOR FEDERAL GRAND JURORS

http://www.ndd.uscourts.gov/jury/jury_handbook_grand_jurors.pdf
What does any of that have to do with Mueller? He's not a grand juror. He's a federal prosecutor and he told you...directly...that "the Office did not find evidence likely to prove
beyond a reasonable doubt...."

You are right that it isn't a statute. It's from the Justice Manual covering...you know...federal prosecutors. Which is what Mueller actually IS. And it says: "The attorney for the government (that would be Mueller) should commence or recommend federal prosecution if he/she believes that the person's conduct constitutes a federal offense, and that the admissible evidence will probably be sufficient to obtain and sustain a conviction (which would require a belief by that federal prosecutor that the evidence is compelling beyond a reasonable doubt...which is - again - exactly what Mueller told you.)."

D7wXWg4UYAAbbM2.jpg

Reactions: Huey Grey
Very likely, but I'm not holding my breath that he'll say so. Mueller strikes me as a Ned Stark type of guy...unless he finds himself under oath and no longer part of the DOJ.
He won't say so. He doesn't think he can under OLC guidelines. Even if he was asked if the evidence would be sufficient to indict and convict someone not named POTUS, I don't think he would answer since that would have the same effect as saying the president should be indicted. Yeah...Ned Stark sounds about right. He might be the only guy with unwavering principles in the whole mess.

Reactions: Jerome Silberman
He won't say so. He doesn't think he can under OLC guidelines. Even if he was asked if the evidence would be sufficient to indict and convict someone not named POTUS, I don't think he would answer since that would have the same effect as saying the president should be indicted. Yeah...Ned Stark sounds about right. He might be the only guy with unwavering principles in the whole mess.
I don't think he would answer a hypothetical like that, just on principle.

Reactions: Jerome Silberman
Mueller stated that if he could determine that no crime was committed he would say so. He could also say that charges weren't sufficiently supported to indict...this is what he did on the conspiracy evidence. There was evidence but nothing that - in his mind - could be proven beyond a reasonable doubt. No indictment.

So we're left with the obstruction case. He specifically stated that he couldn't exonerate. He also didn't say - as he did with the conspiracy charges - that the evidence wasn't sufficient to indict. So...not exonerated...and the evidence is such that he can't say he wouldn't indict.

What exactly does that leave us with?
Impeachment. And/or filing charges after Trump leaves office, I suppose.

What does any of that have to do with Mueller? He's not a grand juror. He's a federal prosecutor and he told you...directly...that "the Office did not find evidence likely to prove
beyond a reasonable doubt...."

You are right that it isn't a statute. It's from the Justice Manual covering...you know...federal prosecutors. Which is what Mueller actually IS. And it says: "The attorney for the government (that would be Mueller) should commence or recommend federal prosecution if he/she believes that the person's conduct constitutes a federal offense, and that the admissible evidence will probably be sufficient to obtain and sustain a conviction (which would require a belief by that federal prosecutor that the evidence is compelling beyond a reasonable doubt...which is - again - exactly what Mueller told you.)."

"Likely" and "probably" sufficient to get a conviction is "probable cause." If Mueller had stated "there was not proof beyond a reasonable doubt" he would have been operating under his own personal heightened burden and you'd have a point. As it stands, Mueller is simply stating no probable cause.

Yeah....I've pointed this out to him at least 2x now.

I think he'll need to hear it another dozen times before it sinks in.
That's simply incorrect, Joe. He VERY CLEARLY was speaking specifically about Barr not releasing the summary earlier. I can understand why you would pretend not to grasp this, since you are among those who have been raging for weeks about how Barr intentionally held the summaries in order to give the world time to get the wrong information.

Here is what Mueller said today:

At one point in time I requested that certain portions of the report be released. The Attorney General preferred to make the entire report public all at once. We appreciate that the Attorney General made the report largely public. I do not question the Attorney General’s good faith in that decision.

Couldn't be clearer for any honest reader. And if the clarity weren't enough in itself, there is the fact that there would be no reason on Earth for Mueller to say he believed Barr acted in good faith if all he was talking about was releasing the report.

And we still have 10 documents Mueller passed off to SDNY DC AND Va AGs. We have yet to hear from those investigations. Its definite not over yet.

"Likely" and "probably" sufficient to get a conviction is "probable cause." If Mueller had stated "there was not proof beyond a reasonable doubt" he would have been operating under his own personal heightened burden and you'd have a point. As it stands, Mueller is simply stating no probable cause.
LOL...sure...sure.

(That's sarcasm, in case you missed it.)

Last edited:
And we still have 10 documents Mueller passed off to SDNY DC AND Va AGs. We have yet to hear from those investigations. Its definite not over yet.
My understanding is that while the DoJ can't indict the president, others can. Anybody know differently?

No evidence against he/she. Fail. Lol.
Ummm...there's plenty of evidence of the attempt. You didn't post "Evidence...LOL"...you posted "'Attempted'...LOL".

You stupidly tried to make the case that the "attempt" somehow isn't criminal. You shouldn't do that. People will think you're stupid.

You're really bad at this. Try harder.

Umm...no...he isn't. He explicitly said so. You torturing what he said to the point of stupidity doesn't change that. When Mueller says "the Office did not find evidence likely to prove beyond a reasonable doubt...." he's telling you they didn't have...you know...evidence likely to prove beyond a reasonable doubt. Had he said they didn't have evidence likely to prove probable cause...see...that would mean they wouldn't go for even an indictment.

But a prosecutor doesn't operate that way. A prosecutor doesn't even seek an indictment unless they think they already have...again..."evidence likely to prove beyond a reasonable doubt....". No point in getting that indictment if...you know...you have no idea if you can get - and sustain - a conviction. Which requires that the evidence rise to a level...what's the phrase?...oh yeah..."likely to prove beyond a reasonable doubt....".

Which is what the Justice Manual kinda said...in black and white. You should stop.

So am I hearing this correctly?

• The DOJ is still operating under the policy of not indicting a sitting president
  • The report does not, and in keeping with the policy of the DOJ, could not explicitly state the POTUS did or did not commit a crime
  • Congress is still the only body capable of leveling "charges" against a sitting POTUS
So same old, same old.

I am late to this party so someone else might have responded but you are mistaken on one point. The DOJ CAN explicitly say if Trump did not commit a crime. They cannot explicitly say that he did commit a crime.

This is the element that requires critical thinking which might explain why some here are having a hard time.

Here is what Mueller said today:

At one point in time I requested that certain portions of the report be released. The Attorney General preferred to make the entire report public all at once. We appreciate that the Attorney General made the report largely public. I do not question the Attorney General’s good faith in that decision.

Again, he neither refers to Barr's "memo", nor his letter.

Which is what I'd stated.

The "good faith" was in releasing the report, only. Which is what his last sentence states: "that decision".

It would be funny if the house impeached DT and enough never trumper Rs in the Senate decided, hey here's our chance, lets get rid of this guy... and had enough votes to impeach as well. I lean right and voted for Trump in '16 but this wouldnt break my heart... other than it would surely mean a Dem in the WH in '20.... and the risk of a Bernie/Warren/Beto winning the nomination is concerning. Tough scenario for the Senate Rs.
Don’t you think a more sane R like Kasich would have a better chance of keeping the WH, especially if the Ds nominate a Bernie type? If I was a con, I’d welcome the chance to ditch Trump.

Reactions: JohnBasedow
Don’t you think a more sane R like Kasich would have a better chance of keeping the WH, especially if the Ds nominate a Bernie type? If I was a con, I’d welcome the chance to ditch Trump.
Would I prefer that, yes. Would it happen? Nfw. If the gop impeached Trump, 10-20 million voters would stay home. Mitch and Co know this.

Reactions: Joes Place

And that's why I'd prefer not going forward with impeachment. Keep him in and use all this against him. He's going to have a tough time winning the rust belt again which he needs for re-election. I'm not sure about Florida, but I'd bet Iowa will flip, not that we have many votes.

Last edited:
FBI Director Robert Mueller: Oversaw the Biggest Coverup in U.S. History—9/11

MUELLER REPORT: Deep State’s Attempt to Control the Narrative and Coerce the POTUS

Mueller knows that the Alt Media has published hundreds of exposés on his career as a Deep State hitman and cover-up artist. That he was the FBI’s point-man who covered up the greatest crime on U.S. soil committed on September 11, 2001 has become common knowledge. Therefore, he knows his days are numbered before he is prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. How does anyone willfully cover up the U.S. government sponsored, false flag 9/11 attacks and get away with it?!

http://stateofthenation2012.com/?

Would I prefer that, yes. Would it happen? Nfw. If the gop impeached Trump, 10-20 million voters would stay home. Mitch and Co know this.
Well if we nominate a Bernie type against anyone but Trump, 10-20 million Ds are going to vote R. The GOP is missing an opportunity to take the high ground and unite the nation behind someone who could actually get something on your agenda done. I guess I’ll just be grateful.

Reactions: Rudolph
Who are you to call so many Americans idiots? That is one of the most idiotic hateful things someone can say and shows just a huge lack of intelligence and mental weakness from you. Do you purposely try to make people mad or feel less about themselves? That's by definition a mental illness and just sick behavior. Pretty small and weak dude. Maybe your just a kid though.

There is sense in categorizing the section of people supporting the Orange Turd, the 40%, or whatever percentile as a level of low or no information people that live in the conservative bubble of media news that is not based on fact-based information.

I have posted before on the efforts of conservative media to deliberately counter mainstream media irrespective of the issues, which the right wing has not only embraced, but must conform to. There are no gatekeepers in the right to test the truth of anything or any accusations. Fake News to the left means something that is untrue. Fake news to the right means something not in agreement.

Last edited:
Reactions: gohawks50
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT