ADVERTISEMENT

Mulkey

There are a whole bunch of Karens participating in this thread! A week ago the criticisms of the players on opposing teams was that their hair was too long, their eyelashes were too long, and their fingernails were too long! At that time, and again now, I just shake my head and marvel that men are still living in the 19th century. It seems preposterous that Iowa WBB are playing in the national championship game, and Iowa fans display their maturity/open-mindedness, by complaining about women and their stylistic choices. And some of you use the excuse that you are old, thus justifying your animus. How about old, white, provincial, culturally (or?) biased?

There are a whole bunch of Karens participating in this thread! A week ago the criticisms of the players on opposing teams was that their hair was too long, their eyelashes were too long, and their fingernails were too long! At that time, and again now, I just shake my head and marvel that men are still living in the 19th century. It seems preposterous that Iowa WBB are playing in the national championship game, and Iowa fans display their maturity/open-mindedness, by complaining about women and their stylistic choices. And some of you use the excuse that you are old, thus justifying your animus. How about old, white, provincial, culturally (or?) biased?
Ummm…if San Diego St shows up today in fake mustaches and huge mullets, I’m guessing the “Karens” will show up just as loudly.
But go ahead and be offended for the sake of being offended.

She’s a piece of work and real pos. This is from last year after game was all but over. Frans got nothing on her.

And you are on his board.....why?
Go away.

Those stupid-ass lashes drive me insane!!!!!
And yes, I’m an old guy but so what—they’re stupid!
I hate the fake eyelashes. All the girls I've met under 30 that wear them are complete bitches. I get it if you're above 40 and wearing them but why in your 20's when you have so much natural beauty do you make yourself uglier? Of course I've bought into the delusion that women wear them for men but the reality is they wear them for other women.

Reactions: HawkFan1986
Reminds me of a 6 year old at a dance recital. Wants all eyes on her. She's too much.
To switch to the losing coach last night--anyone else hear Staley's complaints last night in interviews after the game? Heard some of it on the radio, but couldn't listen to the end. Didn't like the media perception of her program.

Why do the eyelashes bother you? They are not making you wear them. Maybe you are just into paternalism, wanting to control virtually all a woman does?
Why does it matter what she wears? Mulkey's resume is as flashy as the clothes she wears. She was her HS valedictorian, led her HS BB team to 4 state championships, won an Olympic gold medal, she is the first person in women's NCAA BB to win a national championship as a player, an assistant coach, and as a head coach. She was an All-American point guard and won two national championships at Louisiana Tech as a player. She won 3 national championships at Baylor, and now in her 2nd year at LSU has taken them to their first ever national championship game.
From my perspective, she has accomplished quite enough to wear anything she desires. And if you were to criticize her to her face, she would probably tear you a new anal opening. Then we'd know who the bitch is.
Hahaha wtf. Ok Kim, you tent show queen.

Reactions: LarryMullenJr.
To switch to the losing coach last night--anyone else hear Staley's complaints last night in interviews after the game? Heard some of it on the radio, but couldn't listen to the end. Didn't like the media perception of her program.
Can't blame a coach for defending her team even if they kind of brought that perception on themselves.

Tbf, we've seen worse teams in terms of playing thug ball and trash talking, etc etc. LSU will be another example of that on Sunday.........

I like the approach of the Hawkeyes. It is a basketball game not a beauty contest…

Can't blame a coach for defending her team even if they kind of brought that perception on themselves.

Tbf, we've seen worse teams in terms of playing thug ball and trash talking, etc etc. LSU will be another example of that on Sunday.........
Being bigger and more physical than your opponents is not thug ball. And as she said after the game, the SC girls have been model citizens off the court as well. She shouldn’t have to defend her players from anything.

You should hear our wives during games. "He needs to shave that facial hair, gross."

Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
Again, some would call that projecting. Stop trying to make wars where there are none!

If you were truly a Women's basketball fan, and not a fan of whichever team she now coaches, you'd dislike Mulkey. It's kind of how it works. She wants to be hated, get it through your thick skull!

Ummm…if San Diego St shows up today in fake mustaches and huge mullets, I’m guessing the “Karens” will show up just as loudly.
But go ahead and be offended for the sake of being offended.
As I have read your responses over the past couple of weeks, I keep hoping that you might make a somewhat cogent response. But, it has become obvious, that is just not going to happen.
Your ignorance does not offend me. It merely disappoints me that our educational system has failed so badly, or perhaps you were not surrounded by people who gave you better guidance?

Reactions: littlez
I hate the fake eyelashes. All the girls I've met under 30 that wear them are complete bitches. I get it if you're above 40 and wearing them but why in your 20's when you have so much natural beauty do you make yourself uglier? Of course I've bought into the delusion that women wear them for men but the reality is they wear them for other women.

Probably the same reason that 5-80 year olds dye their hair purple, orange, etc. They like it

As I have read your responses over the past couple of weeks, I keep hoping that you might make a somewhat cogent response. But, it has become obvious, that is just not going to happen.
Your ignorance does not offend me. It merely disappoints me that our educational system has failed so badly, or perhaps you were not surrounded by people who gave you better guidance?
As the brilliant philosopher Carl Spackler once said, “I have to laugh”.

Caddyshack seems par for the course for you! You prove my point.
It's called 'being able to laugh' during life. If you find my being able to laugh as a sign of my intelligence, or as you questioned earlier, my parents parenting abilities, then I'll proudly wear whatever badge you want to give me.
I'm willing to wager anything you want that those on here would agree with me by at least 3-1.

white trash and ghetto are a toxic combination and i refuse to normalize either behavior

Last edited:
It's called 'being able to laugh' during life. If you find my being able to laugh as a sign of my intelligence, or as you questioned earlier, my parents parenting abilities, then I'll proudly wear whatever badge you want to give me.
I'm willing to wager anything you want that those on here would agree with me by at least 3-1.
Forgive me. I didn't realize that was you laughing when you were ranting about Racist Staley, or the Clark vs Reese controversy, or Mulkey criticism, etc. My "laugh" meter must be malfunctioning.

Forgive me. I didn't realize that was you laughing when you were ranting about Racist Staley, or the Clark vs Reese controversy, or Mulkey criticism, etc. My "laugh" meter must be malfunctioning.
Yeah separate things.
But I assume you’re chastising everyone else who has/is calling out the racist things Staley has done (hmm, seems I was right), criticized Mulkey, and commented on the controversy…..
That’s what I thought.

Yeah separate things.
But I assume you’re chastising everyone else who has/is calling out the racist things Staley has done (hmm, seems I was right), criticized Mulkey, and commented on the controversy…..
That’s what I thought.
Here's the thing, Larry. I never expected you to own your racist tinged comments. But, I have the same freedom on this site to identify them as you do to make them. You are going to continue your anti-black narratives, and you will find lots of people in your bubble who agree with you.
It's sort of fascinating that you aren't as concerned about whether your comments are racially inappropriate, as you are concerned about whether I am calling out everyone. Poor Larry.
You ask a question, then, rather than letting me answer your question, you insert the answer, so you make certain your narrative is uninterrupted.

Here's the thing, Larry. I never expected you to own your racist tinged comments. But, I have the same freedom on this site to identify them as you do to make them. You are going to continue your anti-black narratives, and you will find lots of people in your bubble who agree with you.
It's sort of fascinating that you aren't as concerned about whether your comments are racially inappropriate, as you are concerned about whether I am calling out everyone. Poor Larry.
You ask a question, then, rather than letting me answer your question, you insert the answer, so you make certain your narrative is uninterrupted.
"Racist tinged" is funny.
So pointing out that Staley has done things that are what they are makes me a racist. Fine, go ahead with that thinking. What then would you call it? Now you have her intimating that Bluder is racist for the 'bar fight' comment, along with the BYU situation that so many others on here have pointed out. You have her claiming that writers have called her team 'monkeys' despite not showing proof, and in today's world you know someone would have found that, and pointed it out?
My commenting on other people's racist comments and actions are racially inappropriate--interesting take. I'm totally comfortable with my comments and will certainly "own" them, as are the people in my "bubble". And I'm not "Poor Larry" but again, go ahead with that--I just find your selective outrage humorous.
If I've "inserted" the wrong answer, I'm not certain what you're talking about, but feel free to correct me.
Interesting take on the "anti-black narratives"--I'm sure my wife will find that one funny as well, but I guess that's just playing your "my black friends" game you accused me of earlier.
If I'm such a horrible person, I've heard there's an 'ignore' button.

seemed very fran like. There's not much to like about the woman but that's actually a tame version of fran. Fran often times seems unreasonable when he gets tossed (being held back not once or twice but multiple times).

seemed very fran like. There's not much to like about the woman but that's actually a tame version of fran. Fran often times seems unreasonable when he gets tossed (being held back not once or twice but multiple times).
I don't remember Fran ever exploding like a jackass while beating a practice team by 41 goddamn points. I'm tired of Fran doing what he does, but what a narcissist psycho for Mulkey to get thrown out of a game like that.

How many games has Fran been tossed when we won by 45 points? Either some ref got tired of her $hit, gave her a T and she went off, or she did it to bring attention to her.

Reactions: kceasthawk
I don't remember Fran ever exploding like a jackass while beating a practice team by 41 goddamn points. I'm tired of Fran doing what he does, but what a narcissist psycho for Mulkey to get thrown out of a game like that.
What the hell does that matter? Fran got tossed against michigan when the two calls he was contesting were really that objectionable.
If fran had been tossed up 41 you'd just say you expect a coach to coach all 40 minutes.
My bigger issue is when fran loses it, it is much worse than that. Anyone can understand the heat of the moment, fran carries it much past that.

Reactions: WSC72 and littlez
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT