ADVERTISEMENT

Musk threatens to stop funding Starlink internet Ukraine relies on in war

Morrison71

HR Legend
Nov 10, 2006
Elon Musk said Friday that his space company could not continue funding the Starlink satellite service that has kept Ukraine and its military online during the war, sparking an uproar as he suggested he was pulling free internet after a Ukrainian ambassador insulted him on Twitter

A Starlink cutoff would cripple the Ukrainian military’s main mode of communication and potentially hamstring its defenses by giving a major advantage to Russia, which has sought to jam signals and phone service in the eastern and southern combat zones.

Musk, the world’s richest man by Bloomberg estimates, tweeted from the United States that his company SpaceX does not want reimbursement for its past expenses in helping Ukraine. But, he wrote, it “also cannot fund the existing system indefinitely and send several thousand more terminals that have data usage up to 100X greater than typical households. This is unreasonable.”

He also appeared to taunt Ukraine’s ambassador to Germany, Andrij Melnyk, who had some choice words last week after Musk tweeted a proposal to end the war in Ukraine that would favor Russia. “F--- off is my very diplomatic reply to you,” Melnyk said at the time.

“We’re just following his recommendation,” Musk tweeted Friday.

4us.gif

we love destroying Russia's hopes and dreams. We know that hurts the GOP, the people who call Russia's military manly and alpha while shitting on America's military for being too woke. Amazing how all that woke American tech turns Russia's manly man military in to bits and pieces.
Jesus Christ you’re a hack. You realize the GOP is all in on helping Ukraine, right? You realize that Putin did nothing when a R president was in power, right? You’re lost and seriously should back up and use your own brain for a minute.

Jesus Christ you’re a hack. You realize the GOP is all in on helping Ukraine, right? You realize that Putin did nothing when a R president was in power, right? You’re lost and seriously should back up and use your own brain for a minute.

No they're not, especially their voters, their glorious leader, or their leading media personality.

Elon sure is a thin skinned fella, and in such public ways. Must be his self diagnosed Asperger’s.
Aw come on man. Someone who’s getting free services from you tells you to FO, you have to respond. That’s bro code.

Reactions: ICHerky
No they're not, especially their voters or their glorious leader.
Delusional. Lost in 2020 era nonsense from a sham investigation that produced nothing but unrelated charges that damn near any business would go down for in this country.

Delusional. Lost in 2020 era nonsense from a sham investigation that produced nothing but unrelated charges that damn near any business would go down for in this country.

Someone got impeached for trying to withhold aid from Ukraine for political dirt. Someone called Vlad a genius for invading Ukraine. Some party's leading media guy shits on Ukraine and brings people on saying Russia is winning. Some party's people would rather be a Russian than a Democrat. Some party was praising their military as really alpha while calling America's woke and weak. Some party has congress members calling for the end of aid to Ukraine.

Don't whine to me about your party being pro-fascist Russia.

You realize the GOP is all in on helping Ukraine, right?

Come on NC, to be a good foil you have to be accurate. The party leaders of the GOP have spoken out against funding Ukraine's efforts.

CPAC put out a statement that said to stop funding, look at the attendee and speaker list, it is littered with power players of the GOP

Last edited:
Someone got impeached for trying to withhold aid from Ukraine for political dirt. Someone called Vlad a genius for invading Ukraine. Some party's leading media guy shits on Ukraine and brings people on saying Russia is winning. Some party's people would rather be a Russian than a Democrat. Some party was praising their military as really alpha while calling America's woke and weak.

Don't whine to me about your party being pro-fascist Russia.
Someone was in power while a major nuclear threat invaded Ukraine. Russia said stay the F out of NATO, war is over. Fair deal in my opinion. We wouldn’t tolerate Mexico forming an alliance with China would we?

Come on NC, to be a good counter you have to be accurate. The party leaders of the GOP have spoken out against funding Ukraine's efforts.

CPAC put out a statement that said to stop funding, look at the attendee and speaker list, it is littered with power players of the GOP

Yeah? Show me the votes against funding then get back to me. We’ve spent enough on this nonsense, we should be focusing on China.

Someone was in power while a major nuclear threat invaded Ukraine. Russia said stay the F out of NATO, war is over. Fair deal in my opinion. We wouldn’t tolerate Mexico forming an alliance with China would we?

Russia saw it as their last chance. They were hoping idiots like you would leave the orange disphit in charge and get NATO to crumble from within. Then taking Ukraine and much more would be child's play. Instead they gambled and have lost bigly. NATO is bigger, the west is united, and they are dying. All thanks to Joe Biden.

Russia saw it as their last chance. They were hoping idiots like you would leave the orange disphit in charge and get NATO to crumble from within. Then taking Ukraine and much more would be child's play. Instead they gambled and have lost bigly. NATO is bigger, the west is united, and they are dying. All thanks to Joe Biden.
Lol trump is not related to this conversation. He’s gone buddy. We have 0 reason to give a shit about Ukraine other than humanitarian problems.

What's sad is you think this is actually a reasonable line of thinking. You actually think Ukraine was going to join NATO. Well, they are now. They weren't before but Putin made that happen.

Lol trump is not related to this conversation. He’s gone buddy. We have 0 reason to give a shit about Ukraine other than humanitarian problems.
Take a history class. A real one, not that bullshit one they feed you on Fox and Newsmax.

Killing Russians, stopping Russian fascists, and expanding the west is a great reason.

What's sad is you think this is actually a reasonable line of thinking. You actually think Ukraine was going to join NATO. Well, they are now. They weren't before but Putin made that happen.
No, I’m talking about a peace deal that was recently brokered and ready to go that the US wouldn’t sign off on. Swing and a miss.

How about we all come and take your 1988 Honda Civic and box under the bridge NC? We just want peace, give us your stuff and we'll have it.

If history has taught us anything, it is that appeasement solves everything and doesn't lead to a war in a worse position. Nope, never once in recent history.

Reactions: fsu1jreed
How about we all come and take your 1988 Honda Civic and box under the bridge NC? We just want peace, give us your stuff and we'll have it.
Are you threatening violence in the face of reality? You may need therapy. I’m all for it though. Name the time and place

Are you threatening violence in the face of reality? You may need therapy. I’m all for it though. Name the time and place

6pm tomorrow at your box. Just give us your things. We just want peace. This is a fair deal. You don't want war do you?

6pm tomorrow at your box. Just give us your things. We just want peace. This is a fair deal. You don't want war do you?
Your box? Wth is that lol? This is bare hands no rules cage fighting. Leave the pads at home. You want peace? Are you dumb, insane, or both? We had it, and our government said no.

He’s right.

It’s unreasonable to expect him to keep paying for any of this.

I’m not sure why this is even a debate
I agree. I also think that Elon Musk's inability to communicate in a way that seems appropriate for the gravity of the situation is completely bizarre.

Last edited:
Reactions: cjr1310
Your box? Wth is that lol? This is bare hands no rules cage fighting. Leave the pads at home. You want peace? Are you dumb, insane, or both? We had it, and our government said no.

Why do you want war? All we ask is that you give us your land and possessions. Trust us, we will not ask for more in the future, just give us this.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT