ADVERTISEMENT

Musk threatens to stop funding Starlink internet Ukraine relies on in war

PveEnHd.png
Starlink donated 2/3rds of the terminals in use in Ukraine. Starlink charged the United States three times the MSRP for the other 1/3rd.

Reactions: fsu1jreed
Why do you want war? All we ask is that you give us your land and possessions. Trust us, we will not ask for more in the future, just give us this.
Swing, miss. You’re lost buddy. Trump is gone, kill the handle. I’ll just say this- it was much nicer day to day with trump in office than with Biden. His tweets were annoying, but largely ignored by myself. I didn’t vote for him in ‘16 or ‘20 because I questioned his character. I deeply regret the ‘20 vote because this dumbass in power probably has no clue what he had for dinner, let alone what’s going on in Ukraine.

Reactions: BustingNarratives
Jesus Christ you’re a hack. You realize the GOP is all in on helping Ukraine, right? You realize that Putin did nothing when a R president was in power, right? You’re lost and seriously should back up and use your own brain for a minute.
ADDITIONAL funding of Ukraine. We’ve already sent them our children’s’ tuition money, what more do they need?

I guess Hunter will let us know soon after he gets out of this bender.

What the f*** are you talking about NC. You said the GOP is all in, then 201 reps vote against Ukraine funding and you move the goalposts, WTF?

I realize you are just getting a rise from people but do better in the role you have undertaken, at least be factual without changing your position or point

No, I’m talking about a peace deal that was recently brokered and ready to go that the US wouldn’t sign off on. Swing and a miss.
What peace deal. The one where Russia gets rewarded for starting an illegal war and invading a neighboring country?

There was a time in this country when being called an appeaser was a political death sentence.

What the f*** are you talking about NC. You said the GOP is all in, then 201 reps vote against Ukraine funding and you move the goalposts, WTF?

I realize you are just getting a rise from people but do better in the role you have undertaken, at least be factual without changing your position or point
I don’t have time for your nonsense. A symbolic vote from the house against excessive spending is irrelevant. Do we see a “Go Russia” mantra from the right? No. We’ve given them more than enough. Enough is enough. You’re getting ticky tacky with bills that are frankly irrelevant. We gave them what they needed to defend themselves. Beyond that is just stupid spending.

What peace deal. The one where Russia gets rewarded for starting an illegal war and invading a neighboring country?

There was a time in this country when being called an appeaser was a political death sentence.
Rewarded? Lol tell that to all of the Russian families who lost loved ones. No, they’d get exactly what they started with. You want regime change, do that to Putin, don’t keep fighting.

Starlink donated 2/3rds of the terminals in use in Ukraine. Starlink charged the United States three times the MSRP for the other 1/3rd.

Remember how cagey the US and others have been with ramping up aid?
It's possible they worked in concert with SpaceX to make the initial entry of Starlink to be a non-nation state donation to the war effort.

April 8, 2022

After Russia launched its invasion, Ukrainian officials pleaded for Elon Musk’s SpaceX to dispatch their Starlink terminals to the region to boost Internet access. “Starlink service is now active in Ukraine. More terminals en route,” Musk replied to broad online fanfare.

Since then, the company has cast the actions in part as a charitable gesture. “I’m proud that we were able to provide the terminals to folks in Ukraine,” SpaceX president Gwynne Shotwell said at a public event last month, later telling CNBC, “I don’t think the U.S. has given us any money to give terminals to the Ukraine.”

On Tuesday, the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) announced it has purchased more than 1,330 terminals from SpaceX to send to Ukraine, while the company donated nearly 3,670 terminals and the Internet service itself.

USAID agreed to purchase closer to 1,500 standard Starlink terminals for $1,500 apiece and to pay an additional $800,000 for transportation costs, documents show, adding up to over $3 million in taxpayer dollars paid to SpaceX for the equipment sent to Ukraine.
In a letter to SpaceX last month outlining the deal, the USAID mission director to Ukraine said the terminals would be “procured” and sent on behalf of USAID by a third-party contractor, which would “arrange for transportation and delivery of the equipment” from Los Angeles International Airport to Ukraine via Poland.

The letter said the nearly 3,670 terminals donated by SpaceX would come with three months of “unlimited data.” In addition to the more than 1,330 terminals that USAID confirmed it had purchased, the agency earlier agreed to buy a separate 175 units from SpaceX, according to the documents.

16 Aug 2022

The US Air Force is giving $1.9 million to SpaceX to test if Starlink can support military bases in Europe and Africa.
An official, not-the-kind-from-Mar-a-Lago document [PDF] outlining the contract states that SpaceX's satellite broadband biz was chosen because it was the only company that had a wide enough coverage. Other businesses, including OneWeb, Amazon Kuiper, and Telesat, with low-Earth-orbit (LEO) internet satellites do not have the infrastructure to support Uncle Sam's facilities in Europe and Africa yet. OneWeb's service, for example, will only support regions "north of 50 degrees north latitude" later this year in November, excluding Africa.
"After extensive research it was found that SpaceX Starlink is the only vendor able to provide this specialized communication service in the current areas of operation in the required time," according to the government's contract justification document, as reported by SpaceNews.
"Starlink is the only LEO constellation communications company that currently provides this commercial satellite solution with services to Europe and Africa. Starlink is also the only LEO satellite network provider that is currently being used in a contested environment: Ukraine."

I don’t have time for your nonsense. A symbolic vote from the house against excessive spending is irrelevant. Do we see a “Go Russia” mantra from the right? No. We’ve given them more than enough. Enough is enough. You’re getting ticky tacky with bills that are frankly irrelevant. We gave them what they needed to defend themselves. Beyond that is just stupid spending.

Fair enough, please show me the votes, demonstrations, or whatever you are using to make the below statement that will prove your point that demonstrates the GOP is all in:
NCHawk5 said:
Jesus Christ you’re a hack. You realize the GOP is all in on helping Ukraine, right?

Rewarded? Lol tell that to all of the Russian families who lost loved ones. No, they’d get exactly what they started with. You want regime change, do that to Putin, don’t keep fighting.
WTF reality are you living in? This is some pretty piss poor trolling right here. It's not even fun to respond to it.

Fair enough, please show me the votes, demonstrations, or whatever you are using to make the below statement that will prove your point that demonstrates the GOP is all in:
NCHawk5 said:
Jesus Christ you’re a hack. You realize the GOP is all in on helping Ukraine, right?
Dude I’m not wasting my time. The initial massive spending was something crazy like 98-2 in the senate. If it was opposed, I’m sure CNN would be sobbing on live tv about how the Rs don’t care about Ukrainians or some nonsense.

No, he’s just a smart guy living in a world where dumb politics are mainstream. The psychos now have a voice where they didn’t before.
He has two kids with a woman getting plastic surgery to look like an elf.

LOL. If you guys are worried about what Starlink is charging our Defense Department for the internet link up you should see what Lockheed Martin, Raytheon and General Dynamics is getting for their hardware. I'm in full support for Ukraine winning this thing and kicking Vlad's butt back to Moscow but the spending here is pretty amazing.

Swing, miss. You’re lost buddy. Trump is gone, kill the handle. I’ll just say this- it was much nicer day to day with trump in office than with Biden. His tweets were annoying, but largely ignored by myself. I didn’t vote for him in ‘16 or ‘20 because I questioned his character. I deeply regret the ‘20 vote because this dumbass in power probably has no clue what he had for dinner, let alone what’s going on in Ukraine.

What's going on in Ukraine is Joe Biden kicking ass for America and the west. No one is sorry your comrades are being killed.

Reactions: FlickShagwell
Why did an idiot in the Ukraine government decide to insult the man who has given their country a free, country saving, billion dollar plus communications system? They have some corrupt imbeciles in their government. Remember only 30% of the aid sent doesn't get siphoned off by Ukrainian oligarchs.

Reactions: HawkeyeShawn
Why did an idiot in the Ukraine government decide to insult the man who has given their country a free, country saving, billion dollar plus communications system? They have some corrupt imbeciles in their government. Remember only 30% of the aid sent doesn't get siphoned off by Ukrainian oligarchs.
Even crackheads are looking at you like ... wtf?

Dude I’m not wasting my time. The initial massive spending was something crazy like 98-2 in the senate. If it was opposed, I’m sure CNN would be sobbing on live tv about how the Rs don’t care about Ukrainians or some nonsense.

You are the one that said the GOP supported Ukraine, provide anything that says that is still the position, or admit you were wrong or misinformed and then you can move on chief

NCHawk5 said:

• Haha
Reactions: FlickShagwell
Just pay the man, then look into all his bitcoin and stock pump/dumps. then look into his taxes.

then put his ass in prison. easy peasy :)

oh and then tell the billionaires their space hideouts are no more

Reactions: fsu1jreed
Elon sure is a thin skinned fella, and in such public ways. Must be his self diagnosed Asperger’s.
pretty funny for the guy that wants to buy twitter for freedom of speech lol, he's such a phony fooker!

i wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the whole twitter mess was just a bunch of bs to get a reason to dump more tesla stock!

Link?

Come on NC, to be a good foil you have to be accurate. The party leaders of the GOP have spoken out against funding Ukraine's efforts.

CPAC put out a statement that said to stop funding, look at the attendee and speaker list, it is littered with power players of the GOP

He/she is not nearly as smart as they think they are. It’s funny at first, but gets sadder and sadder as you realize they truly believe what they say, and it’s not just an act.
This sheep likes to pretend to be a free thinker, but proves over and over again to not stray far from the flock.

Reactions: funksouljon
Lol trump is not related to this conversation. He’s gone buddy. We have 0 reason to give a shit about Ukraine other than humanitarian problems.
This comment shows exactly why you are not to be taken seriously as a thinker. Thanks for posting. Couldn’t come up with a more perfect example myself.

For example, the unsubstantiated myth i heard from a family member was that the Ukrainians were reselling American military material to Russians at a discount.

Logically, which party in this grift would leak this information?

The Ukrainians? Who need all the weapons they can get for their counter offensive? Who if this grift was known would jeopardize further military aid/goods, cutting off any future opportunity to further resell more military equipment?

Makes no sense.

The Russian recipients? They would leak this information, cutting off any future opportunity to acquire western military tech on the cheap?

Makes no sense.

Have we seen Western military tech used by the Russians on the battlefield? No.

Has this myth been substantiated in any way shape or form? No.

My family member two sources of information are the Clay & Buck radio show and Fox News. Formerly a huge Rush Limbaugh fan. Go figure.

[1] Russia saw it as their last chance. They were hoping idiots like you would leave the orange disphit in charge and get NATO to crumble from within.

[2] Then taking Ukraine and much more would be child's play.
[1] Exactly.

[2] I'm not sure that follows. The battle was always about keeping Ukraine out of the West's orbit, and especially out of NATO. If NATO is weak and Ukraine isn't joining, would Russia invade Ukraine? I'm inclined to doubt that.

Reactions: sober_teacher
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT