ADVERTISEMENT

Musk threatens to stop funding Starlink internet Ukraine relies on in war

The myth is meant to cause doubt about financially supporting Ukraine.

At what point have we met our financial obligations though?

Not trying to argue, and I don’t disagree with helping Ukraine, but is it just an open checkbook?

I suppose it stops when it escalates to WW3 and we just get fully involved.

Not trying to argue, and I don’t disagree with helping Ukraine, but is it just an open checkbook?

I suppose it depends on the extent to which you oppose fascist tyranny.

During WWII, faced with defeating Hitler, did we put a financial cap or end time component on supplying the Allies? When we went to war in Europe, did we say there would be a financial toll or death toll that would end our efforts?

Not everyone agrees with the existential nature of this struggle. I do not understand these people. Russia/Putin is evil. His methods are evil. His intentions are evil. His motives are evil. Those who prop him up and support his tyranny are evil.

What price do you personally place on opposing evil?

They need to negotiate an end to this war. That’s what Musk recommended. Meanwhile US and Ukrainian politicians just keep asking for more money to extend a war that can’t be won, only escalated.

pretty funny for the guy that wants to buy twitter for freedom of speech lol, he's such a phony fooker!

i wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the whole twitter mess was just a bunch of bs to get a reason to dump more tesla stock!
Allow me, @torbee :

Hello HROT newcomer who just joined our friendly online community this past September!

We would like you to tell us a little bit about yourself so we, the friendly denizens of HROT, can get to know someone brand new who surely stumbled upon our little corner of the internet by accident!

What are your hopes and dreams? Are you a man (or woman!) of means or a Poor?

And finally, what brings you to HROT?

Thanks!

Someone was in power while a major nuclear threat invaded Ukraine. Russia said stay the F out of NATO, war is over. Fair deal in my opinion. We wouldn’t tolerate Mexico forming an alliance with China would we?
So all Ukraine had to do to avoid a war was give Putin everything he wanted? There was a 1% chance of Ukraine joining NATO. without putins invasion it likely never happens.
No, I’m talking about a peace deal that was recently brokered and ready to go that the US wouldn’t sign off on. Swing and a miss.
ypu still haven’t expounded on this peace deal you mentioned.

Is he still a national security threat err nah?

The guy whose business is thoroughly and routinely vetted by the US DOD being a NASA contract recipient? (SpaceX)

Who is also trusted with highly sensitive national security space missions? (Flying US astronauts to the ISS)
He’s buying Twitter!!! Threat to Democracy.

😂

I suppose it depends on the extent to which you oppose fascist tyranny.

During WWII, faced with defeating Hitler, did we put a financial cap or end time component on supplying the Allies? When we went to war in Europe, did we say there would be a financial toll or death toll that would end our efforts?

Not everyone agrees with the existential nature of this struggle. I do not understand these people. Russia/Putin is evil. His methods are evil. His intentions are evil. His motives are evil. Those who prop him up and support his tyranny are evil.

What price do you personally place on opposing evil?

I don’t have a price.
I don’t think is helping is wrong.

I think we we have either have to be a huge part of helping negotiate a way out of this, or we end up in WW3, and that’s scary. Scary because it’ll turn nuclear very fast.

Allow me, @torbee :

Hello HROT newcomer who just joined our friendly online community this past September!

We would like you to tell us a little bit about yourself so we, the friendly denizens of HROT, can get to know someone brand new who surely stumbled upon our little corner of the internet by accident!

What are your hopes and dreams? Are you a man (or woman!) of means or a Poor?

And finally, what brings you to HROT?

Thanks!
i'm just a normal fella who can't stand "team 10 wins" nor can I stand anyone who thinks any presidential candidate is a decent being. I also dislike the the billionaires that fund those crooks.

I cant be telling you my dreams shaggy, we just met.

thank you as well though

i'm just a normal fella who can't stand "team 10 wins" nor can I stand anyone who thinks any presidential candidate is a decent being. I also dislike the the billionaires that fund those crooks.

I cant be telling you my dreams shaggy, we just met.

thank you as well though

giphy.gif

Serious questions:

1. Does Musk give Russia the same access to Starlink as he gives to Ukraine?

2. What if Ukraine is using Starlink to coordinate military actions, and Russia can eavesdrop?

And vice versa.

Again, if Musk would act like a CEO and handle this professionally he would have been paid months ago. However, the people that determine these things don't like their business shouted out all over social media so they are going to be slow to work with him. Plus, none of them like him for the very same reasons. This is a self inflicted wound on his part and now he's just crying about it.

Here's how to handle it: Call Congressperson X's office and say "It's costing $20 million a month to maintain Starlink in Ukraine. We have a limited time we can sustain this so if we don't get funding for it we will be forced to shut it down in Y months."

If nothing happens in a couple of weeks and no explanation can be had with follow up phone calls, then it gets leaked to the press. Public pressure mounts and the problem gets brought to the level of the President if the filters prevented it from getting that high up the chain in the first place.

Seeing as Starlink is probably the most viable communications form for them, the President gives him the money. Or, there is an alternative method being used and a kindly thanks but no thanks message is sent and Starlink can shut it down without a conflict.

None of this plays out in public, or at least uncontrolled messaging in public, and people get to do their jobs the way it's supposed to be done.

Last edited:
Reactions: Moral and fsu1jreed
I saw on Twitter that a person tagged him and thanked him for helping remote Africa villages with internet access. The person said he would like to donate so that more places could get access.

Musk responded that he would add a donation link.

So, how m at of you are going to donate to assist Ukraine?

NC has made this thread entirely unreadable. I just can't keep scrolling past his endless bullshit hoping I can find some posts worth reading.

I saw on Twitter that a person tagged him and thanked him for helping remote Africa villages with internet access. The person said he would like to donate so that more places could get access.

Musk responded that he would add a donation link.

So, how m at of you are going to donate to assist Ukraine?
I have and I will even go there and help see patients when the fűcking Russians stop bombing them. What have you done?

Reactions: fsu1jreed
The us government has been paying 3 times the normal cost...so they've been getting paid
Not really, the price Starlink customers pay is subsidized by SpaceX, based on the monthly revenue they will collect from service.

The price the US government paid is what it actually costs SpaceX to produce the antennas.

Not really, the price Starlink customers pay is subsidized by SpaceX, based on the monthly revenue they will collect from service.

The price the US government paid is what it actually costs SpaceX to produce the antennas.

As a Starlink customer I can tell ya that it is not cheap - but worth price when you live somewhere where you are not going to get internet by any source other than over the air or satellite.

They've been paying $1500 for $499 service

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT