ADVERTISEMENT

My garage was broken into last night

May 25, 2023
We were out of town at the in-laws. Got home this morning and discovered the break-in. The bastards took pretty much all of my tools, my smoker, my grill, all the beer in the garage fridge, bicycles, sports equipment and other miscellaneous stuff. My daughter (no pic, she's 11) is in 4-H and rides in horse shows. They took her saddles and bridles. She is devastated. WTF is wrong with people?!!

Sorry for the long post. Also, I planned on smoking ribs today. Any advice for making them in the oven instead?

For the ribs, I'd score them and season however you usually do but put honey as a binder or some brown sugar, sear them on a grill to get the sugar to caramelize, wrap in tin foil and bake at the lowest temp your oven will do for 3 or 4 hours, sauce them and throw them back on the grill for a few minutes on each side.

For the ribs, I'd score them and season however you usually do but put honey as a binder or some brown sugar, sear them on a grill to get the sugar to caramelize, wrap in tin foil and bake at the lowest temp your oven will do for 3 or 4 hours, sauce them and throw them back on the grill for a few minutes on each side.

Bro: they took his grill. THE MAN HAS NO GRILL TO GRILL HIS GRILLED FOOD!!

@Moral little ‘wave help here?

You can make fine ribs in the oven, you just won't have the smoky taste.

The cooking principles remain the same. Cook ribs on a rack over a pan to catch drippings (not in the pan) low and slow, wrap after a few hours and cook for another hour or two (on the rack), then unwrap/sauce and cook (on the rack) until set.

Reactions: Igor Stravinsky10
Had that happen to me TWICE in my last neighborhood, both were because my kiddos left the garage door open and it was construction workers building out the rest of our street. They loaded up my brand new lawn-mower and drove off with it.

The builder cut me a check that covered some of my tools and lawnmower.

It feels like such a violation when someone takes your stuff, sorry OP. IT SUCKS!

Did the thieves return his grill?

A friend who is a contractor had a job site storage trailer smashed and raided in rural Iowa recently. Lost over $10,000 worth of equipment. Thieves are SOTE.

Reactions: Old_wrestling_fan
You can make fine ribs in the oven, you just won't have the smoky taste.

The cooking principles remain the same. Cook ribs on a rack over a pan to catch drippings (not in the pan) low and slow, wrap after a few hours and cook for another hour or two (on the rack), then unwrap/sauce and cook (on the rack) until set.

Ribs can be boiled. Set it and forget it.

We were out of town at the in-laws. Got home this morning and discovered the break-in. The bastards took pretty much all of my tools, my smoker, my grill, all the beer in the garage fridge, bicycles, sports equipment and other miscellaneous stuff. My daughter (no pic, she's 11) is in 4-H and rides in horse shows. They took her saddles and bridles. She is devastated. WTF is wrong with people?!!

Sorry for the long post. Also, I planned on smoking ribs today. Any advice for making them in the oven instead?
jo biden's America.

Reactions: Stoopsbrother
time to put a posse together

army gangs GIF

Too late for now but get some outdoor/indoor Wyze cameras... in the $35 per cam range and a subscription to save the videos are just a couple dollars per month. I have a couple for my Key West house and its ridiculous the things I see in our yard etc... We're in a popular part of town with tourists, however.

Last edited:
Reactions: Igor Stravinsky10
Sorry about the break-in. Hopefully the police/sheriff can catch the theiving bastards.

Here's a non-smoker ribs recipe:

-Sprinkle rack of ribs with liquid smoke, about 2T per rack.
-Bake rack at 450 degrees, uncovered, in a roasting pan, until brown.
-Add about 4 cups of HOT water to roasting pan (about 1 in in bottom) and cover, and seal tightly with foil. Cook for 30-45 minutes.
-Uncover and drain water. Baste with BBQ sauce and finish on grill 6 to 10 minutes on low heat OR bake in over 30 to 45 minutes, uncovered.

OP, just had this conversation with someone yesterday that had the same thing happen to them in rural South Dakota. When he spoke to the cops the officer told him if the thieves were dumb enough to have a cell phone on them they would for sure catch them. That may be a way to catch your thieves, they can check the towers for pings ang location services for your location in the time frame the crime occured.

No cameras?

I bought a Blink system a few months ago for like $300 and it's been a great investment, highly recommend.

Reactions: SolarHawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT