ADVERTISEMENT

NBA playoffs

Knicks and Foster hanging tough up 3 with 4 minutes to go in 1st half.
Brunson on fire.

I just cannot find any motivation to care about Miami / New York. Not just this game, but the whole series.

Brunson is playing like a natural born star with the best old school lefty game since Dean Oliver...
He is ripping the Heat.

For a guy that at times has taken an incredible amount of shit for doing his job poorly, Rob Pelinka did a hell of a job rebuilding this team without many assets to offer in return.
It goes without saying that James and Davis being healthy is the biggest part of how this team has improved but the added players fit so much better In what this team wants to do.

It was a hell of a run by the Warriors, but this team has to be broken up based on the economics of the luxury tax they are required to pay.
Will be interesting to watch how they "rebuild" the team

Draymond is the biggest piece of shit in the NBA by a mile. How the **** does Shroeder get a T for that? Hope Dray has a career ending injury tonight.
It's just a basketball game that has zero effect on your life.....and you are so triggered you wish serious injury on a complete stranger.

And people wonder why we have so many shootings in this country.

It's just a basketball game that has zero effect on your life.....and you are so triggered you wish serious injury on a complete stranger.

And people wonder why we have so many shootings in this country.
Are you new to sports? This has been going on for decades, but continue on with your hyperbolic social commentary.

Embiid is also one of the best defensive players in the league, while Jokic is a giant traffic cone on that end.

Defensive Win Share
Embiid 3.9
Jokic 3.8

Defensive Box +/-
Jokic 4.5
Embiid 2.3

D Rating
Embiid 109
Jokic 110

Jokic is every bit as good as Embiid

Reactions: Jimmy McGill
Are you new to sports? This has been going on for decades, but continue on with your hyperbolic social commentary.
Nice to know that you are ok with wishing serious physical injury on an athlete you don't like. That says a lot.

• Haha
Reactions: LBoogie28
Nice to know that you are ok with wishing serious physical injury on an athlete you don't like. That says a lot.
Nice to know you are making sh*t up. Where did I say I was “ok” with it? Just that it’s happened for decades and that it’s an incredible stretch to link it to recent uptick in shootings. You aren’t bright, are you?

do you think they would be better off now or in the future if the trade didn't happen? I don't.

Time will tell, but I believe the Suns have put themselves into a title or bust situation in 2023-2024.

While they may not have had a chance at a title this year with Bridges/Johnson (plus all of their picks), they were younger, deeper, and had a long contention window.

With the Durant trade, they put themselves in a situation where they have only four good players:

• Booker: stud, one of the best 6-8 guys in the NBA
  • Durant: a top 15 all-time player, but closing in on 35, and seems to miss 1-2 months each year with an injury. While his skill level is still great, if a sports book offered an over/under on Durant regular season games played of 59.5 for next year, I'm hammering the under.
  • Ayton: talented, still very young, but questionable how much desire he has. Also, it seems that he and Monty Williams have no relationship.
  • Chris Paul: 38 years old, in the twilight of his career
After that, you need to be an absolute NBA junkie to name a single player on their roster. There were guys getting minutes in their playoff games who will struggle to be in the league 1-2 years fro now.

The new Collective Bargaining Agreement is reportedly punitive against luxury tax teams, making it harder for them to improve with options such as the Taxpayer Mid-Level Exception.

Bottom line: Phoenix has their work cut out for them this summer to put a championship roster together. They pushed all of their chips into the middle.

Reactions: Fan In Black
Klay Thompson is a biatch. Warriors need to move on from him. Keep Curry, Draymon and Wiggins, the rest can go.

It's hard to watch Klay Thompson. You can tell that he still believes he is a great player. Every time he puts the ball on the floor, the outcome is not going to be good.

I would say that Klay is like a once great MLB starting pitcher. He made some All-Star teams, had some great playoff performances for World Series runs, and is a Hall of Famer

But then he had two very serious injuries, and aged a bit. Once upon a time, he could throw 97 MPH. Now, he can only throw 90, but he still attacks hitters like he throws 97.

Klay needs to be a 20-24 MPG catch and shoot guy who is not allowed to dribble.

Reactions: Jimmy McGill
It's hard to watch Klay Thompson. You can tell that he still believes he is a great player. Every time he puts the ball on the floor, the outcome is not going to be good.

I would say that Klay is like a once great MLB starting pitcher. He made some All-Star teams, had some great playoff performances for World Series runs, and is a Hall of Famer

But then he had two very serious injuries, and aged a bit. Once upon a time, he could throw 97 MPH. Now, he can only throw 90, but he still attacks hitters like he throws 97.

Klay needs to be a 20-24 MPG catch and shoot guy who is not allowed to dribble.

He just is so unreliable. Curry made him. He'll suck most likely at his next stop. My biggest beef with him is that if he is not scoring he is just standing around on both ends.

Reactions: BelemNole
The Warriors looked awful. The Suns looked awful. The Knicks looked awful.

Outside of the GS/Sac series this has been a pretty ugly post season.

He just is so unreliable. Curry made him. He'll suck most likely at his next stop. My biggest beef with him is that if he is not scoring he is just standing around on both ends.
I hope you aren’t saying that Curry “made” Klay, as if Klay would have been nothing his whole career with Curry. Klay is a shell of what he once was due to injuries, but he is one of the greatest shooters of all time and was a plus defender in his prime. The guy made 11 threes in Game 6 of the Western Conference Finals to stave off elimination.

Reactions: McLovin32
Time will tell, but I believe the Suns have put themselves into a title or bust situation in 2023-2024.

While they may not have had a chance at a title this year with Bridges/Johnson (plus all of their picks), they were younger, deeper, and had a long contention window.

With the Durant trade, they put themselves in a situation where they have only four good players:

• Booker: stud, one of the best 6-8 guys in the NBA
  • Durant: a top 15 all-time player, but closing in on 35, and seems to miss 1-2 months each year with an injury. While his skill level is still great, if a sports book offered an over/under on Durant regular season games played of 59.5 for next year, I'm hammering the under.
  • Ayton: talented, still very young, but questionable how much desire he has. Also, it seems that he and Monty Williams have no relationship.
  • Chris Paul: 38 years old, in the twilight of his career
After that, you need to be an absolute NBA junkie to name a single player on their roster. There were guys getting minutes in their playoff games who will struggle to be in the league 1-2 years fro now.

The new Collective Bargaining Agreement is reportedly punitive against luxury tax teams, making it harder for them to improve with options such as the Taxpayer Mid-Level Exception.

Bottom line: Phoenix has their work cut out for them this summer to put a championship roster together. They pushed all of their chips into the middle.

I hope you aren’t saying that Curry “made” Klay, as if Klay would have been nothing his whole career with Curry. Klay is a shell of what he once was due to injuries, but he is one of the greatest shooters of all time and was a plus defender in his prime. The guy made 11 threes in Game 6 of the Western Conference Finals to stave off elimination.

Klay isn't a team player. If he isn't getting shots, he just stands around. And if you want to go defensive route, Lakers owned him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT