ADVERTISEMENT

NBA

Some big numbers currently being put up tonight. Doncic currently with 57 points with a minute left in the 3rd quarter and Devin Booker with 48 in a different game, with 1 minute left in the 3rd quarter.

Reactions: This_Hawk_Abides
I haven’t been into the NBA since the 90’s. I literally have no interest anymore and haven’t watched a full game since the 2008 NBA Finals when Boston won it all. Just not for me anymore.

Remind me of the other big stick players. I mean 7' + and under 250 who have dominated.

Chuck Nevitt?
How many of them had the tools this kid has? None of them were three point threats so start with that. None of them could handle the ball and be an ISO guy facing the basket. You’re arguments all work in his favor as to why he’s getting the hype. You’re arguing that he’s the same as everyone else that looked like him. That shows you’ve watched ZERO of this kid play. He’s way way better and much much different than all of those.

Spurs are far from contending, but Victor Wembanyama’s defense is on a rapid ascent

"Wembanyama is shooting 51 percent from the floor since mid-December, including 34 percent on 3s. His assist-turnover ratio is 1.24.

But the Spurs’ defense also has picked up, dramatically. They were tied for 28th in the league in defensive rating (120.5) in November. They were 21st in the league (118.6) in December. Through 11 games in January, they’re 15th (115.6). Wembanyama is blocking 3.5 shots per game in that stretch. And their net rating is down to minus-5.9 from minus-13.1.

Of course, the Spurs are still one of the worst teams in the league. But they’re also the youngest. And their defensive numbers overall are moving, pretty significantly, in the right direction. It’s a start."
Not all of the “bad teams” are the same.

The Wizards and Hornets are awful. The Pistons and Spurs are competitive and building into something with some really good players.

Reactions: LunchBox50
I haven’t been into the NBA since the 90’s. I literally have no interest anymore and haven’t watched a full game since the 2008 NBA Finals when Boston won it all. Just not for me anymore.

The quality of the NBA now is better than the quality of the NBA from the 2nd Bulls 3peat on through the late 2000s. That era was borderline trash. It's currently on par with the 80s-early 90s.

Reactions: nelly02
Luka Doncic scoring 73 points in an NBA game is the greatest Dad-bod achievement in the history of the universe, and it's not really close.
img_3547.png

Exhibit A - I feel like this picture could just as easily be representing the results of a record setting hot dog eating contest.

**Edit - Not technically record setting, but would make the top ten:
E5eBJewX0AUonR6.jpg:large

Last edited:
I got the NBA package this year. Been watching a few games a night.

My top 5 teams right now (playing the best not necessarily the best):

Celtics
Clippers
Jazz
Cavs
Thunder

Lakers Warriors put on quite a show.

I'm convinced Dramond has pictures of Silver blowing a goat.

Reactions: Bro D
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT