ADVERTISEMENT

NBA

This Wemby guy is billed as the 2nd coming.

He looks more like the 2nd coming of Sean Bradley to me.

8-35 and Embid beat the crap out of him.

He is a big stick who will get posterized a lot and broken in half possibly.
I get what you're saying, but guys change a lot. Look at Giannis today vs. his rookie season.

sddefault.jpg

Both were correct calls.

It doesn’t matter if the ball was released before the offensive foul occurred; points cannot be scored on an offensive foul. When a shooter sticks out his leg after releasing the ball and gets called for an offensive foul, they don’t count the basket either.

The contact on the alley-oop to Williams occurred before he gathered the ball, so it is not a shooting foul.

Not a fan of either team, but watched the 4th quarter and thought those were both correct. You can wait for the L2M Report if you want, but would be shocked if it says either of those calls was incorrect.
Agree to disagree.
Derozen took the shot and his hands followed thru making mild contact with Allen who was in his space.
I have never seen that called as an offensive foul. It was called as a foul by Allen by the ref. I could
Live with play on but no way that is on Demarr.

I get what you're saying, but guys change a lot. Look at Giannis today vs. his rookie season.

sddefault.jpg

Different body type. No way this wemby guy can add much bulk.

These big stick guys never make it long. I dont think his body will hold up.

Agree to disagree.
Derozen took the shot and his hands followed thru making mild contact with Allen who was in his space.
I have never seen that called as an offensive foul. It was called as a foul by Allen by the ref. I could
Live with play on but no way that is on Demarr.
Derozan grabbed Allen with his left (non-shooting) hand. It was very clearly deliberate and not a follow through of his natural shooting motion. I’m guessing you watched the Bulls’ broadcast, but the Phoenix broadcast has an angle that the Bulls broadcast did not have that shows this pretty clearly (1:35:20 mark of the Suns broadcast if you have League Pass).

You're judging a 19 year old going up against the reigning 29 year old MVP lol
JR thinks a teenage rookie averaging 20, 10 and 3 in the NBA is trash because he's skinny. Imagine what he would have thought of Garnett's rookie season averaging barely 10 and 6. Giannis averaged 6.8 and 4.4 his rookie season — JR would have cut his skinny ass.

Reactions: ParkerHawk
Derozan grabbed Allen with his left (non-shooting) hand. It was very clearly deliberate and not a follow through of his natural shooting motion. I’m guessing you watched the Bulls’ broadcast, but the Phoenix broadcast has an angle that the Bulls broadcast did not have that shows this pretty clearly (1:35:20 mark of the Suns broadcast if you have League Pass).
Yea I was watching Bulls broadcast.
Makes no sense for Demarr to do that after ball left his hand .
Have ever seen that call with the shooters hand before?

I don’t follow the eastern Conf closely - why would the Bucks fire the coach when they’re 30-13?
Griffin changed the Bucks’ defensive scheme and it does not fit their personnel. They tried to stay patient and let him learn on the job, but a 6-5 record and 27th in the NBA in defensive rating over the last 11 games apparently was enough to conclude that he wasn’t going to be able to right the ship. Giannis has been pretty frustrated (even publicly on occasion, but apparently behind the scenes as well) with Griffin’s performance.

Yea I was watching Bulls broadcast.
Makes no sense for Demarr to do that after ball left his hand .
Have ever seen that call with the shooters hand before?
I haven’t seen that called before, but also can’t recall ever seeing an offensive player do something like that lol. Demar has a lot of little tricks to draw fouls - that one fooled the refs live, but was a bit too obvious on replay.

JR thinks a teenage rookie averaging 20, 10 and 3 in the NBA is trash because he's skinny. Imagine what he would have thought of Garnett's rookie season averaging barely 10 and 6. Giannis averaged 6.8 and 4.4 his rookie season — JR would have cut his skinny ass.

Did I say that? No.

This guy was hyped like he is the 2nd coming. He isn't.

Did I say that? No.

This guy was hyped like he is the 2nd coming. He isn't.
You think a teenager averaging 20/10/3 against NBA men isn't impressive? How about the 38 he had against the Suns? He's played 42 total games and you're ready to label him a bust based on his body type. That's ridiculous.

You think a teenager averaging 20/10/3 against NBA men isn't impressive? How about the 38 he had against the Suns? He's played 42 total games and you're ready to label him a bust based on his body type. That's ridiculous.

Remind me of the other big stick players. I mean 7' + and under 250 who have dominated.

Chuck Nevitt?

Remind me of the other big stick players. I mean 7' + and under 250 who have dominated.

Chuck Nevitt?
Have you bothered to seriously watch the NBA in the past decade? The fact that you came out of the gate comparing Wembanyama to Bradley shows you're not to be taken seriously. Just admit you posted a hot take that was wildly uninformed and take your loss.

8-35 and Embid beat the crap out of him.

He is a big stick who will get posterized a lot and broken in half possibly.
Tell me you haven't watched many Spurs games without telling me you haven't watched many Spurs games.

Wemby is unbelievable. JR is gonna look silly sooner rather than later

I'm not sure what your point is? Embiid was like 30 games under .500 the first year he played. Not to mention you rip wemby for the possibility of getting hurt yet embiid was actually out his first two seasons

Not even sure why I'm taking the bait.. asinine stance to take

Have you bothered to seriously watch the NBA in the past decade? The fact that you came out of the gate comparing Wembanyama to Bradley shows you're not to be taken seriously. Just admit you posted a hot take that was wildly uninformed and take your loss.

8-35 and they are terrible.

Some impact. We were promised so much more...

Doc is a good hire for a veteran team.Took the Celts to a world title with same kind of team.
Still puzzled by the bud firing.

8-35 and they are terrible.

Some impact. We were promised so much more...
The Bucks went 15-67 in Giannis first season. The Sonics were 20-62 in Durant's rookie season. Sixers were terrible with Embiid the first season. Same with the Pelicans and A. Davis. Wolves were 30 games under .500 in Garnett's rookie season...

Spurs are far from contending, but Victor Wembanyama’s defense is on a rapid ascent

"Wembanyama is shooting 51 percent from the floor since mid-December, including 34 percent on 3s. His assist-turnover ratio is 1.24.

But the Spurs’ defense also has picked up, dramatically. They were tied for 28th in the league in defensive rating (120.5) in November. They were 21st in the league (118.6) in December. Through 11 games in January, they’re 15th (115.6). Wembanyama is blocking 3.5 shots per game in that stretch. And their net rating is down to minus-5.9 from minus-13.1.

Of course, the Spurs are still one of the worst teams in the league. But they’re also the youngest. And their defensive numbers overall are moving, pretty significantly, in the right direction. It’s a start."

Reactions: SSG T
The Bucks went 15-67 in Giannis first season. The Sonics were 20-62 in Durant's rookie season. Sixers were terrible with Embiid the first season. Same with the Pelicans and A. Davis. Wolves were 30 games under .500 in Garnett's rookie season...

You mentioning that got me to looking at other players first year, which lead me to LeBrons first season (the Cavs weren't horrible). Not LBJ, but the league itself was "interesting". 2 teams that season averaged 100ppg...Dallas and Sacramento. 5 teams averaged under 90ppg. The league scoring average was 93.4. That's putrid.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT