ADVERTISEMENT

NC State dual

Exciting dual. Head shake and sigh of relief.

Happy to see Lee. He looks fine to me against tough competition for having limited mobility and opponents who don't want to be within 5 feet of him.

DeSanto loking great.

Eierman is giving me heart attacks with his slop, but he keeps winning.

Murin must be in the doghouse for losing to Lehigh, but he needed that match more than he needed the scolding. Cobe held it to a decision, which is what he needed to do, but Cobe ain't gonna be on the mat in March. Stop with the games.

Young was mixing it up, got caught. Could've gone the other way. But he still got pinned. Big, big disappointment.

Marinelli got taken down by the back-up, then spent too much time trying for the pin rather than running up the score for the major in the third. But that guy wasn't bad.

I thought Brands might be doing his Brands thing and trying to eke out the win in the 3rd, until he didn't take a shot. He was, in fact, doing his Brands thing.

Assad didn't look bad so much as Hidlay looked really good. This is why he needs matches.

Nice win by Warner against a guy who was ranked about the same as him. That's high pressure for Warner.

Cass scares me this year with his lighter weight, but he got it done.

Overall, I sense the Hawks are still acting a bit too entitled--but we fans probably are too.

Take the win, learn from it, and move forward.

Exciting dual. Head shake and sigh of relief.

Happy to see Lee. He looks fine to me against tough competition for having limited mobility and opponents who don't want to be within 5 feet of him.

DeSanto loking great.

Eierman is giving me heart attacks with his slop, but he keeps winning.

Murin must be in the doghouse for losing to Lehigh, but he needed that match more than he needed the scolding. Cobe held it to a decision, which is what he needed to do, but Cobe ain't gonna be on the mat in March. Stop with the games.

Young was mixing it up, got caught. Could've gone the other way. But he still got pinned. Big, big disappointment.

Marinelli got taken down by the back-up, then spent too much time trying for the pin rather than running up the score for the major in the third. But that guy wasn't bad.

I thought Brands might be doing his Brands thing and trying to eke out the win in the 3rd, until he didn't take a shot. He was, in fact, doing his Brands thing.

Assad didn't look bad so much as Hidlay looked really good. This is why he needs matches.

Nice win by Warner against a guy who was ranked about the same as him. That's high pressure for Warner.

Cass scares me this year with his lighter weight, but he got it done.

Overall, I sense the Hawks are still acting a bit too entitled--but we fans probably are too.

Take the win, learn from it, and move forward.
we see things very similarly.

i might be most worried about cass honestly. i don’t see any benefits following the weight loss and it looks like the situation i feared (so far) where he’s not significantly faster to the legs and isn’t nearly as powerful finishing and more importantly riding. i think the concern has to be that he just made himself into a slightly inferior version of guys like parris and kerk instead of leaning into what made him great in the first place. is he going to be able to punish kerk with heavy hips, go behinds, and riding like he did at big tens? hard to believe based on early returns.

Either way, JE needs to tighten it up, he’s flirting with upsets every other match here. He looks fantastic when he keeps it basic, don’t always have to go into funk mode.
as ugly as that match was, i was pretty encouraged that he was able to get his own takedowns when he really needed them. he needs to go to his own stuff more often. that's what will put him over the top.

I hope I'm wrong but Eirman's undisciplined and shoot from the hip style could keep us from a National Championship. Too many crazy matches that shouldn't be that crazy.

We have a growing list of things that keep us from winning this year. I'm hoping Eierman was under the weather as bad as he looked. Ugly wrestling.

We have a growing list of things that keep us from winning this year. I'm hoping Eierman was under the weather as bad as he looked. Ugly wrestling.
You’re not wrong. PSU dominated ASU. Dean manhandled Norfleet. CMU transfer at 125 makes them a deep squad. 4 NC and 3 other returning AAs is no joke. Hawks gotta get healthy mentally and physically. Hoping for a solid Midlands.

You’re not wrong. PSU dominated ASU. Dean manhandled Norfleet. CMU transfer at 125 makes them a deep squad. 4 NC and 3 other returning AAs is no joke. Hawks gotta get healthy mentally and physically. Hoping for a solid Midlands.
yep, as vulnerable as they've looked at times too, there was no question who the more impressive team was today.

tons of questions moving forward with their lineup and whether the hawks start shifting into gear soon.

Reactions: Nashville_Hawkeye
we see things very similarly.

i might be most worried about cass honestly. i don’t see any benefits following the weight loss and it looks like the situation i feared (so far) where he’s not significantly faster to the legs and isn’t nearly as powerful finishing and more importantly riding. i think the concern has to be that he just made himself into a slightly inferior version of guys like parris and kerk instead of leaning into what made him great in the first place. is he going to be able to punish kerk with heavy hips, go behinds, and riding like he did at big tens? hard to believe based on early returns.

He is trying to wrestle too much like a lighter weight and getting himself caught up under guys. Old Cass would have snatched a leg , picked up hips and put the guy down for the score vs getting caught under. He was one of the better 285 riders. I'm not seeing that now. Big Cass had some adventitious skills vs a lot of guys. Has he lost more than he has gained? I'm not sure. He still could end up not athletic enough for Paris and Gable but now too small to be as effective vs Kerk and Schultz.

Reactions: js8793 and TarpHawk
Good time for Midlands. Hawks got work to do. KY needs to get this turned around. Good for JWar, he is the man tonight. NC State is a good team but I didnt see one loss we couldnt turn into a win in a rematch from tonight.
Abe is not beating big Hidlay and Brands isn’t beating medium Hidlay. Whoever is against Wilson would have a hard time. I’d like to see young and scott get to go a little longer.

He is trying to wrestle too much like a lighter weight and getting himself caught up under guys. Old Cass would have snatched a leg , picked up hips and put the guy down for the score vs getting caught under. He was one of the better 285 riders. I'm not seeing that now. Big Cass had some adventitious skills vs a lot of guys. Has he lost more than he has gained? I'm not sure. He still could end up not athletic enough for Paris and Gable but now too small to be as effective vs Kerk and Schultz.
If the goal was to be as athletic as Gable and Parris then that was just silly. Hes never going to be the athlete those guys are. I still think he’ll be better off than last year just by being stronger and in better shape. He didn’t lose that much weight lol

If the goal was to be as athletic as Gable and Parris then that was just silly. Hes never going to be the athlete those guys are. I still think he’ll be better off than last year just by being stronger and in better shape. He didn’t lose that much weight lol
He was about 270 and weighed in under 240 this week. 30 is quite a bit.

I hope I'm wrong but Eirman's undisciplined and shoot from the hip style could keep us from a National Championship. Too many crazy matches that shouldn't be that crazy.
Lol We would be in trouble without him. And we’re lucky he fell into our lap. I’m guessing he scored more points at Nationals for the Hawks than we’ve got out of 157 in the last few years combined?

I'm a little worried about Young. The older you get the harder it gets to cut weight and still have juice left in the tank. He seems real flat. Iowa has a great training program and I have faith they can get Young on a good program that fits his bodies needs. Right now it seems what has worked isn't working anymore. Kid has a lot of heart and is the true definition of team over self. Want to see him AA one final time. Kid deserves it.

I'm a little worried about Young. The older you get the harder it gets to cut weight and still have juice left in the tank. He seems real flat. Iowa has a great training program and I have faith they can get Young on a good program that fits his bodies needs. Right now it seems what has worked isn't working anymore. Kid has a lot of heart and is the true definition of team over self. Want to see him AA one final time. Kid deserves it.
This won't be a popular opinion, but I'm wondering if it's a case of HEW?

Nobody in the Hawk camp can ever complain about the officiating again. Wow. Tom and Terry intimidate the officials to that win. Sad. There is no other coaches in the country that could get away with what they do. Absolutely disgusting and shameful.

I suppose I'm wrong. Eierman wasn't pinned, Assad wasn't pin, and the ref literally never stopped the NC St kid from turning Tony in a half.

Reactions: PSUer1989
Nobody in the Hawk camp can ever complain about the officiating again. Wow. Tom and Terry intimidate the officials to that win. Sad. There is no other coaches in the country that could get away with what they do. Absolutely disgusting and shameful.
Quit projecting troll turd.

Reactions: el dub
I suppose I'm wrong. Eierman wasn't pinned, Assad wasn't pin, and the ref literally never stopped the NC St kid from turning Tony in a half.
You’re kidding WRT Tony…or your blind. His shoulder was almost pulled out of the socket during that attempted turn. The refs stopped Spencer, ADS and Marinelli several times during the duals before their opponents' arms were anywhere close to where Tony’s was. I’m not going to argue the other two; from my computer feed they looked like they could have gone either way, but I’m sure the refs had a better vantage point than I did.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT