ADVERTISEMENT

NC State radio announcer indefinitely suspended after 'illegal aliens' remark during Mayo Bowl broadcast

So you think what he said was wrong but you don’t want his employer to impose any discipline?

(He hasn’t been fired. He’s been suspended).

And it’s not “protecting” illegal immigrants - it’s an inappropriate comment for a football announcer to make, just like if he called someone a homo, or said the sideline reporter has a great ass.

Context matters.
I don't have a problem with him being suspended. That is up to the employer.

I have a problem with people being more willing to protect illegal immigrants than they are willing to support an American citizen.

On a scale of inflammatory comments, this comment was about a 1 out of 10. It is disappointing that people just want to be enraged at everything that doesn't make them happy, even if it's not overtly offensive.

Can anyone point out who is offended by his comment?

• Haha
Reactions: Rudolph
The number of people pouring over the border greatly outnumber the birth rate in the US. This will be a Latino country in the next 20 years and that's a statistical fact. Illegal alien is an accurate term for someone who enters the country Illegally.
Get your tiki torch!

What the announcer said yesterday was wrong as I mentioned earlier, but your point here is quite true and neither league should be doing this and no justification for it.

Keep freaking politics out of sports.
Yup, no more NFL marketing partnership with department of defense.

• Haha
Reactions: FranMcNepotism
Again, give specific examples of a leftwing sportscaster interjecting their politics on air. TIA.
Stephen Smith saying FSU didn’t hire Deion because...racism? Willie Taggart fired because...racism?
Hmmm.

"Under federal law, any non-U.S. citizen is an alien. Aliens who have entered the United States without permission, or who have violated the terms of their admission, are identified under the law as illegal aliens. That is a fact, not an issue for debate."

"Under federal law, any non-U.S. citizen is an alien. Aliens who have entered the United States without permission, or who have violated the terms of their admission, are identified under the law as illegal aliens. That is a fact, not an issue for debate."

Oh cool, now corky is posting in this thread as wel! Dey toook errrr Jerbzzzzz

Reactions: torbee
Again, give specific examples of a leftwing sportscaster interjecting their politics on air. TIA.
Did you not watch sports following the George Floyd fiasco? If you don’t want to say those mentions/discussions weren’t political then the illegal alien comment about a game being played in a city getting inundated with illegals isn’t political either. It’s either they both are or neither are.

When dumb people say dumb shit like this publicly, the public usually has more of a problem with the fact the person doesn’t even know he said something stupid, more than the fact that he did say something stupid.

This is one of those cases. You could tell the guy thought what he said was perfectly acceptable. If he said, “I probably shouldn’t say this but with what’s going on at the border…”, a lot less people would give a shit.

Reactions: torbee
So is kneeling and plastering the BLM organization all over everything but I don't remember a peep from you about that.

I don’t think so. Revenue has doubled since 2014, and team valuations are through the roof.

Reactions: ironside1
I don’t think so. Revenue has doubled since 2014, and team valuations are through the roof.

So kneeling and plastering the BLM organization all over everything is not "inflammatory and not related to sport"?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Rudolph
Don’t waste your time. You’re dealing with a small cadre of very frustrated hard core leftists who grab on to the smallest woke bit of 💩 and trash anyone who doesn’t follow their delusional ranting.
This sportscaster did make an unforced error in judgment and I’m thinking he’ll stay on subject once he’s allowed back, but your reminders are 100% correct.
Layers of irony. Like a damn mille feuille cake.

Yeah I’m into British bake off.

I don't have a problem with him being suspended. That is up to the employer.

I have a problem with people being more willing to protect illegal immigrants than they are willing to support an American citizen.

On a scale of inflammatory comments, this comment was about a 1 out of 10. It is disappointing that people just want to be enraged at everything that doesn't make them happy, even if it's not overtly offensive.

Can anyone point out who is offended by his comment?
Another ironic post. JFC the emotion-driven “thinking” some of you do.

Stupid stupid stupid fücking attempt at an argument.

• Haha
Did you not watch sports following the George Floyd fiasco? If you don’t want to say those mentions/discussions weren’t political then the illegal alien comment about a game being played in a city getting inundated with illegals isn’t political either. It’s either they both are or neither are.
Can you give me a specific example? Not something general.

The number of people pouring over the border greatly outnumber the birth rate in the US. This will be a Latino country in the next 20 years and that's a statistical fact. Illegal alien is an accurate term for someone who enters the country Illegally.

America needs more immigrants. We don't want to become Japan or Germany where the population is aging and there aren't enough young people to fill the void.

When dumb people say dumb shit like this publicly, the public usually has more of a problem with the fact the person doesn’t even know he said something stupid, more than the fact that he did say something stupid.

This is one of those cases. You could tell the guy thought what he said was perfectly acceptable. If he said, “I probably shouldn’t say this but with what’s going on at the border…”, a lot less people would give a shit.
This was my immediate reaction. And believe it explains what happened.

We don’t know what took place between the comment and the suspension (not to mention his behavior before the comment). He is very likely an asshole, very likely has said similar things off air, and very likely was defiant at the suggestion it was inappropriate and that he should apologize.

And maybe he just wasn’t that good (which is pretty common amongst morons)

Reactions: Hawk_82
Are you denying this happens? My God, how far do you have your head in the sand? try googling ESPN and politics.

Did you even read the link you posted? It talks about how ESPN covered the BLM activism not how a single commentator spoke out during an sporting event. From the article you believes proves your point:

ESPN spokesperson Mike Soltys insists that the company’s stance on political coverage is “often mischaracterized.”

“We have said we aren’t covering pure politics, but clearly we cover it when it intersects with sports, including in the last 24 hours as the sports world became a focal point of social unrest,” Soltys told CNN

Try again.

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT