LSU vs UNC tomorrow is a nice one
The heels thumped the defending champs.

My biggest takeaways so far:
Kansas State absolutely smashing through
5 seed Arkansas is out
All Big Ten teams are kaput
West Virginia looking great

LSU vs UNC tomorrow is a nice one
The Big Ten will get a significant boost in baseball and softball next year with the new additions to the conference. Hopefully, it gets even better in a few years with the addition of my Noles.

The Big Ten will get a significant boost in baseball and softball next year with the new additions to the conference. Hopefully, it gets even better in a few years with the addition of my Noles.

We were just looking at how underrepresented the BIG is in baseball. Deep long winters good for hickey, not for outdoor spring sports. It would be solid move to pick up a couple more.

We were just looking at how underrepresented the BIG is in baseball. Deep long winters good for hickey, not for outdoor spring sports. It would be solid move to pick up a couple more.
I think it makes the BIG better by those trams being in the conference, but I don't know if it makes the other teams any better. Like you said, winter is bad for baseball

Heard something earlier today.

Kentucky will host a super regional for the first time in program history next weekend against the winner of the Corvallis Regional.

If they win that, it will be the schools first trip to the College World Series.

Reactions: DirtyJohns97
I must tread lightly this evening. My no-pic wife and her no-pic little sister who is visiting are lifelong LSU fans and love LSU baseball.

GEAUX Heels!!!

I must tread lightly this evening. My no-pic wife and her no-pic little sister who is visiting are lifelong LSU fans and love LSU baseball.

GEAUX Heels!!!

I have a pair of good friends. She is GEAUX Tigers as a coon ass. He loves UNC. Its funny getting them riled up at each other when LSU/UNC play, which seems to happen more than I noticed.

Noles looked good over the weekend. I didn't like our draw but we made it out without a lot of drama. It's nice to be back to hosting a Super. I expect Oklahoma to win tonight but am hoping for a UCONN upset.

Reactions: NoleinATL
I think it makes the BIG better by those trams being in the conference, but I don't know if it makes the other teams any better. Like you said, winter is bad for baseball
I think some of the current schools can get better, but it will take a major commitment by their administration. Notre Dame went to the CWS 2 years ago, so it is possible for a northern school to do well in baseball.

Last edited:
I have a pair of good friends. She is GEAUX Tigers as a coon ass. He loves UNC. Its funny getting them riled up at each other when LSU/UNC play, which seems to happen more than I noticed.
We agreed a long time ago that if they played in football, it would be LSU and if they played in basketball, it would be UNC. Baseball kind of has us flummoxed.

• Haha
Reactions: funksouljon
OSU and uf game is on currently. Pretty good match up. Top of 5, no outs, OSU got the bases loaded.....and then.....

crap, only got 1 off of that. chasing 3-2 in the 6th now. Pretty even game so far.

Last edited:
I can't celebrate in my living room - too many Tiger tears - soooooooooo...

Drunk Drinking Beer GIF

Nice win for the Huskies, Noles have a good matchup to get to Omaha if pitching holds up

Early game allows FSU to be the first to punch a ticket.

Has anyone been to Omaha? We are kicking around a trip next weekend. Ticket prices seem to vary greatly and won't know which game FSU is playing in until monday annoucement. Looks like it's ticketmaster / stubhub for purchasing.

Has anyone been to Omaha? We are kicking around a trip next weekend. Ticket prices seem to vary greatly and won't know which game FSU is playing in until monday annoucement. Looks like it's ticketmaster / stubhub for purchasing.
Ticket prices have gone up the last several years as college baseball popularity has risen. Prices will likely go down on the secondary market as the week goes on and teams lose, especially if you're willing to wait until the last minute.

I took my dad to Omaha for Martin’s last trip.
Bought my tickets via online brokers once we were there. There were guys renting lobby space in the hotels of Omaha processing tickets scalped via Stubhub, etc.
We were just there for opening weekend, but my dad is a huge baseball fan, and really enjoyed the trip/games.

I think the ACC will end up with four teams.
It might be an ACC/SEC Invitational.
Too bad it couldn’t be moved to Atlanta at this point.
I’ve never been to Omaha but my husband went with a corporate group a few times and said the folks there really put on a great tournament.
No one I know from FSU has ever come home and complained about the venue or the hospitality.

I missed the game but heard. Turned it on for the extra innings.... ugh, so close Clemson.... never did hear why the coach got tossed.
It was weird.
I watched the game. Clemson got a go ahead homer in extra innings and the kid slammed his bat down toward his own dugout in celebration and trotted the bases.
Suddenly the umpires huddle and announcers don’t know why, but say they’re discussing an ejection. After an eternity they toss Leggett and another Clemson coach. I never caught the why.
Gators loaded the bases in the bottom half and got a base hit to walk off.

I think the ACC will end up with four teams.
It might be an ACC/SEC Invitational.
Too bad it couldn’t be moved to Atlanta at this point.
I’ve never been to Omaha but my husband went with a corporate group a few times and said the folks there really put on a great tournament.
No one I know from FSU has ever come home and complained about the venue or the hospitality.
Well, it still might be 4 ACC teams but Clemson won't be one of them. The SEC is looking good as expected.

Reactions: goldmom
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT