ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA baseball tournament thread

Early game allows FSU to be the first to punch a ticket.

Has anyone been to Omaha? We are kicking around a trip next weekend. Ticket prices seem to vary greatly and won't know which game FSU is playing in until monday annoucement. Looks like it's ticketmaster / stubhub for purchasing.
Omaha is a great trip, even if you're team isn't there. We went quite a bit when living in CO. As soon as the Noles would punch their ticket we'd start making plans. Game tickets won't be your problem. It's finding a place to stay that is the tough part., especially for opening weekend. There may be some deals to be found once you get into the mid-week games but this weekend will be tough to find a place to sleep.

It was weird.
I watched the game. Clemson got a go ahead homer in extra innings and the kid slammed his bat down toward his own dugout in celebration and trotted the bases.
Suddenly the umpires huddle and announcers don’t know why, but say they’re discussing an ejection. After an eternity they toss Leggett and another Clemson coach. I never caught the why.
Gators loaded the bases in the bottom half and got a base hit to walk off.
Bakich - the head coach - was tossed for whatever he said to the umps. Leggett was tossed for coming out of the dugout during the discussion. Only the head coach can do that.

Reactions: seminole97
I think the ACC will end up with four teams.
It might be an ACC/SEC Invitational.
Too bad it couldn’t be moved to Atlanta at this point.
I’ve never been to Omaha but my husband went with a corporate group a few times and said the folks there really put on a great tournament.
No one I know from FSU has ever come home and complained about the venue or the hospitality.
All 8 will be from SEC and ACC. Crazy.

Reactions: goldmom
Unfortunately OSU dropped out last night. @ Kentucky was a rough draw. Might head down to the CWS if FSU makes the finals.
OSU kids couldn’t buy a hit.
Next year they go independent since the PAC is done.

ZlQNRs4.png

Walk-off Honeycutt strikes again! Go Heels!
Ahh shoe. My uncle Jim is deep into UVA sports. He will take the loss with a “ deep” shrug. He knows both victory and loss.
Jim had me roll with him in the Minnesota t basketball title for UVA, as well as ACC tourneys over the years.

Whitaker is dealing…. and shuts them down after one run.
C’mon guys. Insurance would be good in the ninth.

In anyone is in Omaha for the games today, my brothers band, Fountains of Dane, is playing at the Slowdown after the final out of game 2. 90’s Rock covers. Think Rancid, The Refreshments, Smashing Pumpkins, Blink 182, etc. Only a couple blocks from the stadium.

In anyone is in Omaha for the games today, my brothers band, Fountains of Dane, is playing at the Slowdown after the final out of game 2. 90’s Rock covers. Think Rancid, The Refreshments, Smashing Pumpkins, Blink 182, etc. Only a couple blocks from the stadium.
Didn't think I would be posting this is an NCAA baseball thread, but

Reactions: HawkeyeShawn
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT