ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Prediction

Slambamham

Scout Team
Dec 19, 2012
Only a guess, hope I'm wrong, but with all the injuries. Be completely different is all healthy!!!

125- DA- No Place- wins 1st round, loss to ASU, beat OU, beat by Utah valley
champ-Michigan

133- AD- 3rd place- beat by PS, beats ASU for 3rd
champ-OKY st

141- JE- 6th place- beat in semi by Pitt, lose to CMU, lose to Rutgers
champ- PS

149- MM-7th place- lose to Corn, beat NW, lose to ASU, beat ISU
champ- Corn

157- KY- no place- beat Penn, loss to Mich, beat Army, loss to P.S.
champ- ISU

165- AM- CHAMP- beats Drex, UVA, Mich, Mizz, Stanford

174- Kem- 8th place- beats Army, SDSU, loss to NC st, MFF to 8th
champ P.S.

184-AA-no place-loss to VT, beat LEH, loss to Ok St
champ- P.S. (beats UNI in final)

197- JW- 5th place- beat UNCO, beat Purdue, loss to Neb, beat MSU, beat SDSU, loss to Mich, beat Pitt
Champ- P.S.

HWT- AC- 5th- beat OU, beat Ill., beat Org st, lose to Mich, beat P.S., beat A.F.
champ Minn.

3rd as a team

Those predictions are realistic assessments of the probable results. We don't allow that kind of discussion here. ;-)
Well to be fair, he doesn't have anyone except maybe the BULL doing anything above bar!?!??! The OP did say with all the injuries which is a concern.

I will take Vito at 125,

would not sleep on AD

Find it hard to believe anyone outside the top 3 can beat even a banged up Erieman.

I can live with 149

Don't like 157 but.....

165 YES!

174 Hope the KemDawg still has bite and makes the run to the top!

184 see 157

197 who knows???

Big Cass in finals!

Only a guess, hope I'm wrong, but with all the injuries. Be completely different is all healthy!!!

125- DA- No Place- wins 1st round, loss to ASU, beat OU, beat by Utah valley
champ-Michigan

133- AD- 3rd place- beat by PS, beats ASU for 3rd
champ-OKY st

141- JE- 6th place- beat in semi by Pitt, lose to CMU, lose to Rutgers
champ- PS

149- MM-7th place- lose to Corn, beat NW, lose to ASU, beat ISU
champ- Corn

157- KY- no place- beat Penn, loss to Mich, beat Army, loss to P.S.
champ- ISU

165- AM- CHAMP- beats Drex, UVA, Mich, Mizz, Stanford

174- Kem- 8th place- beats Army, SDSU, loss to NC st, MFF to 8th
champ P.S.

184-AA-no place-loss to VT, beat LEH, loss to Ok St
champ- P.S. (beats UNI in final)

197- JW- 5th place- beat UNCO, beat Purdue, loss to Neb, beat MSU, beat SDSU, loss to Mich, beat Pitt
Champ- P.S.

HWT- AC- 5th- beat OU, beat Ill., beat Org st, lose to Mich, beat P.S., beat A.F.
champ Minn.

3rd as a team
I think AD, AM & Cass get to the finals. Beyond that I don't have confidence in anyone else performing above their seed. Go Hawks!

125 - I think Ayala places but it's low. 6 to 8 range.

133 - 3rd.

141 - hard to say without knowing extent of the injury. Rivera is biggest competition and also hurt so I'll say 2nd.

149 - murin is wrestling like an AA but I think it is also low, 6 to 8 range.

157 - young shuts up the haters. 6 to 8.

165 - Marinelli never has a good ncaas but I think he gets his highest finish ever this year. 1 to 4 imo (I'll pick 3rd).

174 - like eirmann the injury level is a question. I'll say 6th as I don't think he wins the semis and may mff from there.

184 - dnp. Need to find something new here going forward.

197 - solid draw. Which Warner shows up will determine where he finishes. Biggest range of the healthy guys imo. I'll say 5th overall.

285 - 2nd. First finals appearance for Cass but unless he brings a shotgun to the finals he's not beating gable.

I have high expectations of Warner next weekend. His draw couldn't realistically be any better IMO.
Agree on the draw. He surely better be ultra motivated to leave it all on the mat.

O'Toole got the 165 draw that Marinelli usually gets, and Marinelli finally got a good draw. Figures, for that to happen O'Toole is the 2 and Marinelli is the 3.

133 - 3rd.

141 - hard to say without knowing extent of the injury. Rivera is biggest competition and also hurt so I'll say 2nd.

165 - Marinelli never has a good ncaas but I think he gets his highest finish ever this year. 1 to 4 imo (I'll pick 3rd).

174 - like eirmann the injury level is a question. I'll say 6th as I don't think he wins the semis and may mff from there.

197 - solid draw. Which Warner shows up will determine where he finishes. Biggest range of the healthy guys imo. I'll say 5th overall.

285 - 2nd. First finals appearance for Cass but unless he brings a shotgun to the finals he's not beating gable.
I’m hoping Young can bring in those 8-10 points and silence the haters as well.

133 - 3rd.

When is the last time we had 9 AAs?

I know Warner has lost to Schultz the last 3 times, but they have all been razor thin margin matches. I have no doubt that he can win this time, but he needs to get to his offense early instead of late and not be content to go into the 3rd period up 3-2 and try to hold on for the win. That is how he gets beat almost every time. Get 2 takedowns in the first two periods instead of 1 in the 3rd. That is the formula for Warner. He can absolutely make the finals, but could lose in the quarters just as easily. It is up to him which one he accomplishes.
Imo if he takes down Schultz he’s in the finals. If not he’s 5th.

I know Warner has lost to Schultz the last 3 times, but they have all been razor thin margin matches. I have no doubt that he can win this time, but he needs to get to his offense early instead of late and not be content to go into the 3rd period up 3-2 and try to hold on for the win. That is how he gets beat almost every time. Get 2 takedowns in the first two periods instead of 1 in the 3rd. That is the formula for Warner. He can absolutely make the finals, but could lose in the quarters just as easily. It is up to him which one he accomplishes.
Difference between him winning and losing to Schultz is being able to go hard the full 7.

The thing about Warner is he has a wicked offense if he would just use it. He can take down anyone when he's aggressive. So frustrating to watch him tie up the whole match against most opponents.

The thing about Warner is he has a wicked offense if he would just use it. He can take down anyone when he's aggressive. So frustrating to watch him tie up the whole match against most opponents.
Yep. It is a mental block for him. Sometimes I wonder if the secret weapon Bael uses is a sports psychologist that does a better job of mentally preparing its wrestlers. Warner's problems are all upstairs and are the difference between him being good and great imo.

Reactions: Inthecircle
Yep. It is a mental block for him. Sometimes I wonder if the secret weapon Bael uses is a sports psychologist that does a better job of mentally preparing its wrestlers. Warner's problems are all upstairs and are the difference between him being good and great imo.
Thought this as well but it sounds like ADS uses one. Maybe it’s new to us… TNT are a little old school but eventually they get into what’s new. Sounds like a great tool, the psychologist not Bael

• Haha
Reactions: blcoach80
Dan Gable was a great sport psychologist. He kind of got to the point here lecturing, I think, Travis Fiser after a dual.

“He was ripe for the beatin’. And, you didn’t want to beat him. You didn’t want to beat him. YOU DIDN’T WANT TO BEAT HIM. You understand that! You wanted a tie. And, that’s what you got – a tie. You didn’t want to lose. You just didn’t want to lose because he beat you twice before. You’ll never win that way.” – Dan Gable

Dan Gable was a great sport psychologist. He kind of got to the point here lecturing, I think, Travis Fiser after a dual.

“He was ripe for the beatin’. And, you didn’t want to beat him. You didn’t want to beat him. YOU DIDN’T WANT TO BEAT HIM. You understand that! You wanted a tie. And, that’s what you got – a tie. You didn’t want to lose. You just didn’t want to lose because he beat you twice before. You’ll never win that way.” – Dan Gable
That woke me cuz up.

Reactions: el dub

That’s sounds like him. Wrestling is so much mental. I don’t think anyone believed as much in their wrestlers as Gable did. It physically pained him when his guys lost and they could have won.

That’s sounds like him. Wrestling is so much mental. I don’t think anyone believed as much in their wrestlers as Gable did. It physically pained him when his guys lost and they could have won.

It's very interesting. Larry Brown told his Kansas basketball team before the championship game in 1988 - "don't be afraid to win this." Gable is so smart, he knew that some athletes are afraid to win. It's some deep psychology, but it's very true.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT