ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA qualifiers w/ major injuries

Hawk#7

Team MVP
Mar 18, 2012
Who are the guys (seeded top 16) that have major injuries going into NCAAs? Sounds like Lewis and Sloan. Who else?

Don't be quick to count some guys out who are injured. Yianni was a true freshman and won NCAAs with a fully torn ACL. Tore it in the quarters against Heil, I think. His grit had to be on a different planet. Or his trainer had quite the hookup on painkillers.

Who are the guys (seeded top 16) that have major injuries going into NCAAs? Sounds like Lewis and Sloan. Who else?
If this is true they need to have D. Fix and his dad stay with them in St. Louis??:mad:

It’s surprising that hasn’t been talked about more on this board. In one of his matches he held up his hand to show the coaches in the corner that one of his fingers was pointing the wrong direction. Hopefully the time off is long enough for it to heal up.

We have two wrestlers dealing with what would normally be season ending injuries that will still be wrestling at nationals. Let’s hope we can still bring home the title anyway!

I very much doubt that
Ok. It doesn’t mean they won’t show up and perform to the best of their abilities, but the info is directly from the medical staff for the team.
I am 100% certain the Hawkeye medical staff WOULD NOT breach confidentiality with HIPPA regarding Hawkeye student-athletes of any case. If so, they are jeopardizing their career. Quit stirring the issue you dumbgrass!

Believe what you want. They spoke in generalities rather than detailing the specific wrestlers and their injuries. I don’t post much, but you can check my history on injury posts in the past. Reactions like yours are why inside info doesn’t get shared.

I very much doubt that

I am 100% certain the Hawkeye medical staff WOULD NOT breach confidentiality with HIPPA regarding Hawkeye student-athletes of any case. If so, they are jeopardizing their career. Quit stirring the issue you dumbgrass!

I very much doubt that

I don't know what HIPPA is, but it wouldn't be a breach of HIPAA if someone on the staff were to say, "There are a couple of guys who have season ending injuries who are still going to wrestle."

NO University of Iowa Medical personnel would even divulge generalities. Please show me where a coach, wrestler, or a medical professional has stated as such. If you have any questions, please contact the Iowa Wrestling office at 319-335-9405 and ask for Jesse Donneworth (Team trainer) for clarification, and make certain to identify yourself.
FURTHERMORE, IF YOU WERE A TRUE HAWKEYE FAN (mtwesthawk), WHY WOULD YOU EVEN POST REGARDING THE ISSUE?

In a past Dan Gable interview he said Terry Brands probably should not have earned his bronze medal because he could barely walk.
Spencer recently said one of the reasons he committed to Iowa was because he didn’t want Terry coaching against him.
Dan Gable won his Gold Medal on one leg.
Cory Clark won a national title and should have been done for the year.
The mental training our wrestlers get is second to none.
Injuries be damned. History shows elite Hawkeye wrestlers rise above huge obstacles.
Spencer Lee and Austin DeSanto are elite.
You can live in fear or live in faith, your choice.

NO University of Iowa Medical personnel would even divulge generalities. Please show me where a coach, wrestler, or a medical professional has stated as such. If you have any questions, please contact the Iowa Wrestling office at 319-335-9405 and ask for Jesse Donneworth (Team trainer) for clarification, and make certain to identify yourself.
FURTHERMORE, IF YOU WERE A TRUE HAWKEYE FAN (mtwesthawk), WHY WOULD YOU EVEN POST REGARDING THE ISSUE?
Easy, he is lying and not a hawk fan. stop spreading crap.

Easy, he is lying and not a hawk fan. stop spreading crap.
I didn't come on here to share my knowledge, just saw all you schmucks berating people because they suggested Lee might be hurt. Not sure if you guy's are just loser fanatics or really think Cael might be reading your posts to get the inside dirt on the Hawks injuries. I think our politics align but you trying to be the the message board bully has me entertained.

A fan message board is a place where fans come on to talk about their favorite teams. For those of you schmucks that want to brow beat people into submitting to their line of thinking (think far left libbies or even conservatives to a lesser degree) there are those of us in the middle who get tired of listening to you idiots. We become Newton's 3rd law.

Reactions: el dub
In a past Dan Gable interview he said Terry Brands probably should not have earned his bronze medal because he could barely walk.
Spencer recently said one of the reasons he committed to Iowa was because he didn’t want Terry coaching against him.
Dan Gable won his Gold Medal on one leg.
Cory Clark won a national title and should have been done for the year.
The mental training our wrestlers get is second to none.
Injuries be damned. History shows elite Hawkeye wrestlers rise above huge obstacles.
Spencer Lee and Austin DeSanto are elite.
You can live in fear or live in faith, your choice.
DSJ also won a national title with 1 leg.

Reactions: Inthecircle
I appreciate your neutral approach and frankly that’s what mine was. Didn’t state an opinion, shared basic info that was shared with me because I was under the impression that message boards were a place to do just that—share info. To those doubting my fan status and attacking with no actual knowledge—not worth engaging as they are the types who ruin message boards and shut down info streams.

I didn't come on here to share my knowledge, just saw all you schmucks berating people because they suggested Lee might be hurt. Not sure if you guy's are just loser fanatics or really think Cael might be reading your posts to get the inside dirt on the Hawks injuries. I think our politics align but you trying to be the the message board bully has me entertained.

A fan message board is a place where fans come on to talk about their favorite teams. For those of you schmucks that want to brow beat people into submitting to their line of thinking (think far left libbies or even conservatives to a lesser degree) there are those of us in the middle who get tired of listening to you idiots. We become Newton's 3rd law.

Reactions: el dub
I appreciate your neutral approach and frankly that’s what mine was. Didn’t state an opinion, shared basic info that was shared with me because I was under the impression that message boards were a place to do just that—share info. To those doubting my fan status and attacking with no actual knowledge—not worth engaging as they are the types who ruin message boards and shut down info streams.
you are wrong this is a place for us to speculate, it is not a place for meaningful announcements. you are trying to act like you have factual information that could impact a national championship and anyone with that kind of information would know better than to put it on here.you are either a blow hard or someone somebody else trusted and should not have.

So now that it is undeniable that Lee is injured, wonder how it affects him? Certainly talented enough to still win NCAAs like Nolf did a few years ago but I'm more concerned about OTTs where the injury could be a real factor. Maybe he should skip nationals since his stated goal has always been to win Olympic Gold.

So now that it is undeniable that Lee is injured, wonder how it affects him? Certainly talented enough to still win NCAAs like Nolf did a few years ago but I'm more concerned about OTTs where the injury could be a real factor. Maybe he should skip nationals since his stated goal has always been to win Olympic Gold.
Doc said part of rehab prep for the Olympics was a national title, silly kitty.

You gotta admit...that is some funny sh*t!! LOL! Thanks for the laugh today, Flying Tiger. I needed it! :)

Reactions: redghost1974
I feel blessed there is an Ignore function. Somehow I'll sleep just fine not knowing what Flying Drivel came up with recently.

I don't like some of the content some of those fellas post, but the silly crap, like what he posted this time around, is good for a laugh when the morning needs a little pick me up. :)

Reactions: 24 so far
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT