ADVERTISEMENT

NDSU @ UNI. Who ya got ?

Lakesbison

Scout Team
Sep 11, 2008
NDSU going to UNI, but David Johnson isn't walking thru that garage door.

NDSU should roll in this one and propel them into the playoffs in a few weeks and go for their 6th straight fcs title.

Anyone coming up to tailgate ?

NDSU will do IOWA proud, we don't want UNI champions of IOWA...

NDSU>IOWA
UNI>ISU
2015 NDSU 34 >ISU 14

NDSU>UNI= IOWA STATE CHAMPS!

Reactions: planohawk99
NDSU going to UNI, but David Johnson isn't walking thru that garage door.

NDSU should roll in this one and propel them into the playoffs in a few weeks and go for their 6th straight fcs title.

Anyone coming up to tailgate ?

Perfect game for the bye week. Maybe our coaches should go up to the UNI Dome and try to learn something.

Reactions: butch25uni
every team treats NDSU as giant, that's makes the 76-6 even more impressive.

Here's UNI DT quote
Fellow defensive end Rickey Neal took it a step farther.

"Personally, I feel like we are David and they are Goliath," he said. "I came here because I wanted to slay Goliath, and I have a band of brothers that want to slay Goliath."

UNI has been very inconsistent on offense this season. NDST wins this one.

Check out Watch ESPN it is on ESPN3 online, which is how I have watched them play a couple of games this year.

every team treats NDSU as giant, that's makes the 76-6 even more impressive.

Here's UNI DT quote
Fellow defensive end Rickey Neal took it a step farther.

"Personally, I feel like we are David and they are Goliath," he said. "I came here because I wanted to slay Goliath, and I have a band of brothers that want to slay Goliath."
Except Iowa, which is why we lost to you. Not because you were better. But because Kirk didn't feel like allowing Iowa to play to win. Your victory is hollow. :cool:

It's on direct tv sports package

Ron-Burgundy-Nobody-Cares.jpg

NDSU's "win" over Iowa was a fluke. Iowa wins that match-up 95% of the time...even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.

NDSU's "win" over Iowa was a fluke. Iowa wins that match-up 95% of the time...even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.
NDSU's "win" was a win. No fluke, the better team. They certainly found the nut vs the HAwks thus year. Both teams are where their talent level says they should be. NDSU fighting for a 6th NC, the Hawks struggling to get even a home win. And I hate NDSU.

NDSU's "win" was a win. No fluke, the better team. They certainly found the nut vs the HAwks thus year. Both teams are where their talent level says they should be. NDSU fighting for a 6th NC, the Hawks struggling to get even a home win. And I hate NDSU.
Nope don't agree...LeShon Daniel;s apparent TD run to start 3rd qrt (making it a 21 to 7 game) would have totally changed the mojo of that game. It was a bogus holding call and Hawks would likely have won. NDSU is not a better team than Iowa.

Nope don't agree...LeShon Daniel;s apparent TD run to start 3rd qrt (making it a 21 to 7 game) would have totally changed the mojo of that game. It was a bogus holding call and Hawks would likely have won. NDSU is not a better team than Iowa.
And there's the fluke pick six. Beathard is hit and the ball goes flying perfectly into a running LB's arms for the score.

Check the score again Dude, and watch the game. It's not a matter of 'opinion'. It's reality. The Hawks were overpowered the last half of the game. I love the people that try and tell you that the losing team was really better. That's why they play the game. A team wins, a team loses. The Hawks lost this one... thereby are not the better team. No matter how many ifs and buts you try to use to spin a loss into a win. Reality hurts, but sometime you actually need to accept it. That's why they actually play the game for 60 minutes. So there is a winner and loser.

Check the score again Dude, and watch the game. It's not a matter of 'opinion'. It's reality. The Hawks were overpowered the last half of the game. I love the people that try and tell you that the losing team was really better. That's why they play the game. A team wins, a team loses. The Hawks lost this one... thereby are not the better team. No matter how many ifs and buts you try to use to spin a loss into a win. Reality hurts, but sometime you actually need to accept it. That's why they actually play the game for 60 minutes. So there is a winner and loser.
So do you think Penn State is better than Ohio State? I don't.

NDSU beat Iowa. No excuses. The Iowa players probably took it a little less seriously than they should (no excuse for it if true), but NDSU won fair and square. They deserved it.

So do you think Penn State is better than Ohio State? I don't.
They beat them, ergo they can say they are better. There is something called a score that is used to determine who is better. It's why we play the game. It's really not all that complicated. Unless you believe ISU is actually better than Iowa, which using your logic, they can apparently claim even tho they were beaten by Iowa. Have another beer Dude.

Reactions: GPRHAWK
Wow. You know your program has sunk to a new low when there is a message board thread involving a weak argument that Iowa might actually be a better team than the FCS team they lost to. Good Lord.

They beat them, ergo they can say they are better. There is something called a score that is used to determine who is better. It's why we play the game. It's really not all that complicated. Unless you believe ISU is actually better than Iowa, which using your logic, they can apparently claim even tho they were beaten by Iowa.
Awesome. So Virginia Tech was the best team in the country in 2014 since they beat OSU. Even though Michigan State won the Big Ten last year, I still think Michigan and Ohio State were the two best teams. Sometimes we have upsets, doesn't really mean they are a better team.

Let's say Iowa beats Michigan this year and it's their only loss. Not sure you'd find many around here that would say Iowa is better.

They beat them, ergo they can say they are better. There is something called a score that is used to determine who is better. It's why we play the game. It's really not all that complicated. Unless you believe ISU is actually better than Iowa, which using your logic, they can apparently claim even tho they were beaten by Iowa. Have another beer Dude.
There is a concept called odds of winning. Yes, PSU can (and did) beat O$U in one game, but over a series of games between those 2 teams the "odds of" PSU consistently beating O$U is slim. Similar to ndsu vs. Iowa.

There is a concept called odds of winning. Yes, PSU can (and did) beat O$U in one game, but over a series of games between those 2 teams the "odds of" PSU consistently beating O$U is slim. Similar to ndsu vs. Iowa.
So your logic is resorting to 'odds' to explain who is a better team? HAHAHAHAHA. I prefer on field results.

So your logic is resorting to 'odds' to explain who is a better team? HAHAHAHAHA. I prefer on field results.
OK, how's this...on the field, Iowa would beat ndsu 8 out of 10 times. Is that easier for you to understand?

OK, how's this...on the field, Iowa would beat ndsu 8 out of 10 times. Is that easier for you to understand?
Who cares about who wins 8 or 10?? Really?? Who cares?? What difference does that matter? You actually care about that?? Yikes! Does that making losing that game feel better for you? Does that mean Iowa beat NDSU? Let me answer that. WE LOST DUDE. Can't you understand that? They beat us in the game we played... no matter how much you want to think otherwise. That's the only game I care about... not your other 9 hypothetic games. Wow.

Who cares about who wins 8 or 10?? Really?? Who cares?? What difference does that matter? You actually care about that?? Yikes! Does that making losing that game feel better for you? Does that mean Iowa beat NDSU? Let me answer that. WE LOST DUDE. Can't you understand that? They beat us in the game we played... no matter how much you want to think otherwise. That's the only game I care about... not your other 9 hypothetic games. Wow.
You're not fooling anyone with the WE talk. If you ACTUALLY think ndsu is a better team than Iowa...than we have nothing further to discuss. You and lakesbison need to get a room together in Fargo.

You're not fooling anyone with the WE talk. If you ACTUALLY think ndsu is a better team than Iowa...than we have nothing further to discuss. You and lakesbison need to get a room together in Fargo.
I don't 'think' they are ACTUALLY better. They are ACTUALLY better. Don't take my word for it. Scoreboard. Go to bed Dude, you are torched.

I don't 'think' they are ACTUALLY better. They are ACTUALLY better. Don't take my word for it. Scoreboard. Go to bed Dude, you are torched.
Don't tell me what to do little girl. Look, like another poster pointed out, if Iowa happens to pull the upset vs. Michigan that would be great, but even I as a Hawkeye fan would not say that Iowa is a better team than Michigan (this year). In baseball, they play the best 4 out of 7 to determine the champion. Obviously, football doesn't work that way, but one game (ndsu's upset of Iowa) simply doesn't make ndsu a better team than Iowa.

Don't tell me what to do little girl. Look, like another poster pointed out, if Iowa happens to pull the upset vs. Michigan that would be great, but even I as a Hawkeye fan would not say that Iowa is a better team than Michigan (this year). In baseball, they play the best 4 out of 7 to determine the champion. Obviously, football doesn't work that way, but one game (ndsu's upset of Iowa) simply doesn't make ndsu a better team than Iowa.
Only the scoreboard does. Head to bed Dude. You've been schooled.

Only the scoreboard does. Head to bed Dude. You've been schooled.
Boy, you are dense...not only baseball, but basketball has a best of 7 series to actually determine the best team...hmmm. Time for you to head back to north dakota board.

Boy, you are dense...head back to north dakota board.
Hey Hank, I been part of the Iowa board probably way back to when your mommy was still brushing your teeth. Gonna go now, talk to you next week when you explain to me how we are better than PSU even though they beat us. Keep on saying it. Tata.

I was going to take UNI and then saw they were down to their 3rd string QB.

NDSU played tough, but I am calling it they will not win the NC this year. Sorry they just do not look like world beaters to me. Even when they played Iowa they looked like crap. Iowa looked even worse, so thats what our season is.

Hey Hank, I been part of the Iowa board probably way back to when your mommy was still brushing your teeth. Gonna go now, talk to you next week when you explain to me how we are better than PSU even though they beat us. Keep on saying it. Tata.
Riiiiiight - you're an Iowa fan...LOL. Iowa will likely lose at PSU next week, based on what I have seen from both teams this season. If Iowa happens to pull off the upset, I would still concede that PSU is probably a better team than Iowa over let's say a best of 7 series. Similar to how Iowa would be better than ndsu over a best of 7 series. By the way...is it true that there are more cows than people in north dakota?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT