ADVERTISEMENT

When reality hits Iowa football in the face, in the near future, those who give new meaning to the word "fanatic" (i.e., 'fan') ...

HawkCharlotte

HR MVP
Jul 17, 2005
Could very well be MIA from the message boards as they won't be able to tell anyone else to .... 'eat shit' because Iowa is 7-2, of 8-2, or whatever

Reality is coming soon. And those of us fans who are reasonable and want to have a meaningful Iowa football team with meaningful wins, we cannot wait for KF and BF to be put out to pasture.

I think Beth Goetz could do a great job replacing KF. She's got the courage to show BF the door because she believes in actual-significant wins.

In a word, she wants to win championships .... not have a winning record that no one will care about the second the season is over.

Billken2 and others come into the light while there's still time!​

Last edited:
Iowa has always had a meaningful football program. They don't make the schedule they play and just because the west is a week division Iowa is supposed to lose their games because of that?
As far as Beth is concerned when it comes to picking a new coach a committee will be formed and names will be provided to search out for a coach. She may have a couple in mind but the committee will have the final say in the matter. Bob Stoops never became Iowa's coach because of that.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: wxhawk and amahawk
Could very well be MIA from the message boards as they won't be able to tell anyone else to .... 'eat shit' because Iowa is 7-2, of 8-2, or whatever

Reality is coming soon. And those of us fans who are reasonable and want to have a meaningful Iowa football team with meaningful wins, we cannot wait for KF and BF to be put out to pasture.

I think Beth Goetz could do a great job replacing KF. She's got the courage to show BF the door because she believes in actual-significant wins.

In a word, she wants to win championships .... not have a winning record that no one will care about the second the season is over.

Billken2 and others come into the light while there's still time!​

Love seeing these uplifting threads. lol

She may have a couple in mind but the committee will have the final say in the matter
I believe the final say on coaching hires is vested in the AD. Of course, a search committee will have significant influence but the final choice is a decision by Goetz in consultation with several entities.

I believe the final say on coaching hires is vested in the AD. Of course, a search committee will have significant influence but the final choice is a decision by Goetz in consultation with several entities.
And her decision will be determined by her and the committee as I have witnessed in the past.
She will not be able to over ride any decision made by the committee with her own choice in my opinion.

Reactions: telstar67
And her decision will be determined by her and the committee as I have witnessed in the past.
She will not be able to over ride any decision made by the committee with her own choice in my opinion.
You may be right. Normally, a search committee would recommend a couple finalists.

In any event, I don’t think the parties would have major differences of opinion on the quality of any of the narrowed field of candidates during late stage in the process.

Reactions: Hendy hawk
The final choice better be hers, she will be the one to pay the price if the new coach fails. That’s just the way it works.

Speaking of AZ, they went from a dumpster fire program to now being ranked in the play off poll ahead of Iowa. All because they have an offense that has the ability to stress opposing defenses by being dynamic and explosive while their defense can rest on the sidelines.

It can be done with KF still on the sidelines as long as BG forces KF to do this or he can retire. I think he likes cashing those $7 mil checks too much. I know I would.

Reactions: ClarindaA's
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT