ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska Flipped #1 QB

I saw another post about Nebraska on an Iowa board. So yeah I posted.
I expect that response, it still doesn’t explain why you were here in the first place.
Obsessed GIF

I expect that response, it still doesn’t explain why you were here in the first place.
Obsessed GIF
I bounce around and look at message boards for a lot of conference opponents. Most don't have this many Nebraska posts, though, so I don't stick around.

Anyone worried about Nebraska needs to remember Matt Rhule is still the HC.

Anyone else beside me laugh at his play calling and clock mgmt this season?

You can have good players and highly rated recruits coming in and still suck.
That's still Husker football.

Reactions: WestIAHawk
Seems to be quite a few entering the portal or decommitting at Georgia. I wonder if Kirby Smart is in line for an NFL coaching gig come the end of the season. Something going on at Georgia.

Starting to creep around here again after their latest loss in Lincoln - took a few weeks. Hopefully can avoid the Orkin man this time.

Anyone worried about Nebraska needs to remember Matt Rhule is still the HC.

Anyone else beside me laugh at his play calling and clock mgmt this season?

You can have good players and highly rated recruits coming in and still suck.
That's still Husker football.
Yeah, agreed. And the "stat" of 3 Nebby losses ALL coming off an INT when driving for a winning score, ALL resulting in 13-10 scores, ALL after Nebby had turned over the opponent, says one thing: it ain't "coincidence ", it's SOP.

Nah you're not going to trip me up there. His was a response. Look, man. We have tons of Iowa transplants in Omaha. We're like 1/4 Iowa transplants now. I know what I'm talking about. You know how often my conversations with the Iowa State fans go off the rails? Never. You know how often conversations with Hawkeyes fans go off the rails? Every time. Don't try to be slick, because every conversation that an Iowa fan has with an ISU fan also goes off the rails. There is a common denominator here...
Thats because you don't play ISU anymore. When you were in the Big 12, ISU fans hated you with a passion. Now ISU fans feel sorry for you. How sad is that?

Here’s the thing though - it’s not pathetic.

Play the game or get left behind.
Think so? I don't think Iowa paid that much. Are they considered left behind?

Are there 25 QB's worth that, for each in the top 25?

How about a solid QB and then five stud offensive lineman that get the two mil.

There's more than one way to skin the cat & I think there are better ways to use the $, IMO.

64 and going strong. Glad I grew a child of the 1960's and 1970's. Growing up during the last 25 years or so would have really sucked. I feel sorry for the younger generation.
Jesus, because of those memories of the Natty’s you some how feel fulfilled? Poor little Huskers who are too young to have lived in the good ole days are living a shallow broken life based on Nebraska football?

And Iowa only needs to win 5 more National Championships to match Nebraska. You could live to be a thousand years old and still not see that come to fruition.
5 mythical championships..All voted on. None decided on the field. Hell, Iowa even has one of those.
College football got rid of steroids and the fall of Nebraska football began. (The legendary Boyd "steroid" strength coach)

Think so? I don't think Iowa paid that much. Are they considered left behind?

Are there 25 QB's worth that, for each in the top 25?

How about a solid QB and then five stud offensive lineman that get the two mil.

There's more than one way to skin the cat & I think there are better ways to use the $, IMO.
Offensively we ARE left behind. We are in the toilet.

How much did we “pay” for Cade?

Play the f***ing game and pony up the cash for the big fish if you’re gonna go after them.

Offensively we ARE left behind. We are in the toilet.

How much did we “pay” for Cade?

Play the f***ing game and pony up the cash for the big fish if you’re gonna go after them.
750k is the # I've heard, and I think that amount is suitable.

Took awhile but the bat light has been lit. You can almost set your watch to it. Calendar turns, weather turns and Nebraska brags about their off season accolades. Start working on August through November and you can have some actual results to work with.

That’s how pathetic Nebraska has become. Bragging about recruiting. Just when Neb fans were finally going to predict 5 wins next year and be correct, it will now switch to the yearly 12-0 and national title only to be talking about sell out streaks and recruiting again by November.
To be honest if Iowa picked up 2 5star Qb's this week there would be a bit of bragging on this board. Nobody has committed yet but their brand is still strong enough, with NIL, for these players to consider them. Iowa needs to be all in on NIL, period.

To be honest if Iowa picked up 2 5star Qb's this week there would be a bit of bragging on this board. Nobody has committed yet but their brand is still strong enough, with NIL, for these players to consider them. Iowa needs to be all in on NIL, period.
"there would be a bit of bragging on this board"
agreed........how many would go on the o$u and Michigan boards to brag about it?

Thats because you don't play ISU anymore. When you were in the Big 12, ISU fans hated you with a passion. Now ISU fans feel sorry for you. How sad is that?
Again, talking to Iowa fans is just different. I talked to ISU fans all of the time when we were both in the B12. Oklahoma fans, Texas fans. I don't remember any of those conversations being negative in tone But Iowa fans and I would say Missouri fans, too, are just a different breed. Maybe Colorado too. Maybe it's teams with black & gold colors. I don't know, but there is always lots and lots of hate and it's just hilarious.

"there would be a bit of bragging on this board"
agreed........how many would go on the o$u and Michigan boards to brag about it?
Not many, agree. The point is either go all out with NIL, coupled with a great coordinator hire, or be aware that you will likely be left standing at the bus stop.

LOL everyone I know had our ceiling at 7 wins this year. Most of us thought that 3 was our ceiling last year. You're just making stuff up. You are literally the only one talking about it - again proving my point.
What are your predictions for next year...

I can't help but think we are going to fall WAY behind in this current environment. Having 2 P5 teams in a low population state hurts. We have some big donors, but we'd have more if Iowa State didn't exist. Nebraska is the only game in town. Plenty of people with money remember their glory days of winning National Championships, and will pony up the cash to try to get back there. It make sense that now they have a competent coach, they are going to start to get big time players. Frost getting fired was not a good thing for Iowa.

Again, talking to Iowa fans is just different. I talked to ISU fans all of the time when we were both in the B12. Oklahoma fans, Texas fans. I don't remember any of those conversations being negative in tone But Iowa fans and I would say Missouri fans, too, are just a different breed. Maybe Colorado too. Maybe it's teams with black & gold colors. I don't know, but there is always lots and lots of hate and it's just hilarious.
I can’t speak for other fans, but perhaps it’s the unwarranted superiority most Nebraska fans had when you joined an actual conference, the conference you guys said you would dominate.

I can’t speak for other fans, but perhaps it’s the unwarranted superiority most Nebraska fans had when you joined an actual conference, the conference you guys said you would dominate.
I find this hard to believe. When we left the Big 12 we were on the decline and getting beat there. I recall joining the BIG and people coming to our board, even Iowa fans claiming how we'd win. Most of the Nebraska fan knew where we were as a team and claimed otherwise. I remember it well cause it sucked where we were and still are as a team.

Besides Raiola - who’s this second 5 Star QB? And why in the world would 2 of them go to neb at the same time when the team sucks and they have no oline?

I can see two 5 stars going to Bama (happens all the time) but neb?? Makes no sense - you have to wonder about the qb’s IQ.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT