ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska Match Thread

The scoring was R2, NF 2, and then NF4. NEB challenged that he never changed the hold, so he wasn't entitled to 4 NF on the second exposure, which is true, but since Woods didn't score a full set on the first exposure, he still had the ability to get the additional 2 for the full NF4, which he would have gotten for the 4 count. So it should have been R2, NF2, and NF2, IMO. Ah well.
Not really. He scored a two nf and should have been able to turn that into a four with a full count. (Erasing the initial two nf)

People are getting a little out of whack on Warner. This is incredibly frustrating, matches way too close, Warner looking disinterested.....this has been the Jacob Warner experience throughout his collegiate career, not just this year.
don't think we're letting you off the hook for the curse you put on him earlier this year.

• Haha
Reactions: el dub
Hell of a night for the hawks! Good wrestling. Wish I could say the same for the officiating. That was rough. All the way around.

Big Cass is looking tough. Lee better than I ever remember. He's a man on a seek and destroy mission.

pretty sure it goes back to point of the call change, which would be when the official awarded the first 2 incorrectly. everything after that disappears which is why it went back to 29 seconds.
That makes no sense in this case. He counted 2. He then counted 4 on the same hold and was going to incorrectly make it 6 backs vs the 4 it should have been. A correct review should be to recognize the hold didn't change and then give 4 total backs based on that fact. He awarded 2 extra backs after the 4 count and so review and get rid of the 2 extra backs.

Glory wrestled 133 tonight. FYI

Yea... I'd advise other 125ers to...

Forrest Gump Running GIF

3 positives and 1 negative.

Spencer Lee is incredible. His added strength has actually made him jump a level. I didn’t think that was possible. I’m quite simple out of superlatives for him. Wow!

Pk and Cass both wrestling hard the entire match. Love love love Pk working for his major late. That’s exactly what he’s supposed to do.

Cass cutting his opponent with 20 some seconds left up by 14 with rt. He had the tech fall, all he had to do was ride. He said nope. Gotta love that attitude. Gets the takedown and works for the fall. Beautiful.

1 negative. 197. I feel like he’s back sliding. Confidence has always been his issue. He’s on the struggle bus right now. Hope he can turn it around. Watching him dance the last 40 seconds of his match instead of wrestle. Was there any doubt he was going to get taken down there? We’ve seen this story to many times. Keep wreatling Jacob. You’re good enough. Just believe it.

All in all. The boys look good. Rounding into shape.

yes, but everything that happens after the mistake no longer counts. so the review changes to him not awarding 2. but then action restarts at that point, so they award that two anyway since he had that in the bank. it's frustrating sometimes that they don't just rescore the entire exchange.

So you are saying if a pin occurs after prematurely awarding the two backs, the pin would not count? I’d like to see the wording of that rule.

ADVERTISEMENT