ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska Match Thread

But they gave him those 2 back points, that's why it was 4-2, so that doesn't make sense.
they gave him the 2 he initially earned. that happened before the time of the change. he was essentially robbed of his ability to improve because the official jumped the gun.

Reactions: jrod65 and TarpHawk
But the ref shouldn't have given him the 2 since he still had the same hold...I think that is what @js8793 is saying.
The scoring was R2, NF 2, and then NF4. NEB challenged that he never changed the hold, so he wasn't entitled to 4 NF on the second exposure, which is true, but since Woods didn't score a full set on the first exposure, he still had the ability to get the additional 2 for the full NF4, which he would have gotten for the 4 count. So it should have been R2, NF2, and NF2, IMO. Ah well.

The scoring was R2, NF 2, and then NF4. NEB challenged that he never changed the hold, so he wasn't entitled to 4 NF on the second exposure, which is true, but since Woods didn't score a full set on the first exposure, he still had the ability to get the additional 2 for the full NF4, which he would have gotten for the 4 count. So it should have been R2, NF2, and NF2, IMO. Ah well.
yes, but everything that happens after the mistake no longer counts. so the review changes to him not awarding 2. but then action restarts at that point, so they award that two anyway since he had that in the bank. it's frustrating sometimes that they don't just rescore the entire exchange.

pretty sure it goes back to point of the call change, which would be when the official awarded the first 2 incorrectly. everything after that disappears which is why it went back to 29 seconds.

The first two were awarded correctly.

I agree. However, the ref isn't suppose to "put the points on the board" until the hold is broken...this is where the ref screw up. This is why Real wasn't allowed to get the two additional points, if I'm getting this figured out correctly. After the challenge, it goes back to 4-2 since that is where the mistake in scoring or officiating was made. Is that correct?

I agree. However, the ref isn't suppose to "put the points on the board" until the hold is broken...this is where the ref screw up. This is why Real wasn't allowed to get the two additional points, if I'm getting this figured out correctly. After the challenge, it goes back to 4-2 since that is where the mistake in scoring or officiating was made. Is that correct?
Yeah, I got it now. Thanks, man. I promise I'm not usually this dense about rules, even stupid ones.

• Haha
Reactions: js8793
Good effort by Seibrecht, Robb’s solid, but not quite looking like at a National Champ.
he is when you consider how weak 157 is. he and AOC have been way better than everybody else this year. one of the weakest weights i remember

because when you change a call, you go back to the point of the change. attention @Hawktagonapus this is exactly what i'm talking about. his incompetence cost real woods 2 points in a top 5 match up. those are critical. this is by far the worst officiating i've seen at this level and we're not even done with match 3.
The problem is the brick came in so late, the challenge should've been waved off and I'm not sure how Tom and Terry didn't fight that. Or if they didn't the radio and tv didn't comment on it, which Ironside and Grace rarely miss that type of stuff happening.

The problem is the brick came in so late, the challenge should've been waved off and I'm not sure how Tom and Terry didn't fight that. Or if they didn't the radio and tv didn't comment on it, which Ironside and Grace rarely miss that type of stuff happening.
Brick really wasn't late...it came as soon as the ref gave Real the second set of backs...so it was immediately after the mistake. If Real had lost the grip, this never would have been an issue.

And the official, coaches and rules committee don't care about your opinion. How many times does the rule have to be explained to you? It is what it is.

Nebraska's guy here is content to lose 6-1. He hasn't come close to getting out, just going to let PK ride him the last 3 minutes

And the official, coaches and rules committee don't care about your opinion. How many times does the rule have to be explained to you? It is what it is.
Actually, the officials, coaches, and rules committee do care about it. He has the correct sequence of events, the ref just screwed it up.

good job from PK. i like when he sticks to head outside stuff, picks, and short offense. he doesn't finish as well head inside. can wear on guys more when you're not stuck in extended scrambles.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT