ADVERTISEMENT

need ticket--advice?

mr12182

HR MVP
Gold Member
Jan 14, 2009
Need one ticket to the January 13 wrestling meet at Carver Hawkeye. Want to cross this off my bucket list. Ticket office said none are available and suggested Stub Hub. Is that my best option? Can I scalp in front of Carver Hawkeye? Am not very comfortable using cell phone apps, etc for such purchases. Am old and nearly a luddite. TIA

Reactions: Hammer93
Single meet tickets aren't available YET. I don't believe that season tickets will sell out like last season, so guessing that you should get an opportunity to buy a single ticket for that meet sometime in the near future.

If not, you can post here again when date is closer and someone might have an extra for you.

Need one ticket to the January 13 wrestling meet at Carver Hawkeye. Want to cross this off my bucket list. Ticket office said none are available and suggested Stub Hub. Is that my best option? Can I scalp in front of Carver Hawkeye? Am not very comfortable using cell phone apps, etc for such purchases. Am old and nearly a luddite. TIA
Just a heads up, last year it was tickets by phone app only. I liked those shiny hard copy tickets that I used to get so didnt like the phone app much but adapted. We transferred our tix for a meet last year to our Carver neighbors and that of course was all electronic as well.

Just a heads up, last year it was tickets by phone app only. I liked those shiny hard copy tickets that I used to get so didnt like the phone app much but adapted. We transferred our tix for a meet last year to our Carver neighbors and that of course was all electronic as well.
I have four season tickets that I donate to Wrestling for Life, Cedar Rapids, IA. I will be happy to provide you one of those tickets at no charge but I'll have to send it through the U of I ticket office via your cell phone. If you are uncomfortable with that, you can contact the ticket office to see if you could pick up the ticket on the day of the meet. If so, you'll just need to let me know what I need to do for the ticket office. Hope this works out for you!

I have four season tickets that I donate to Wrestling for Life, Cedar Rapids, IA. I will be happy to provide you one of those tickets at no charge but I'll have to send it through the U of I ticket office via your cell phone. If you are uncomfortable with that, you can contact the ticket office to see if you could pick up the ticket on the day of the meet. If so, you'll just need to let me know what I need to do for the ticket office. Hope this works out for you!
@GG121AND2

You won’t have any trouble getting a single as the dual approaches. A charitable donation wit the HWC and/or Wrestling for Life will have several on here offering up one or more, including myself.

Thanks but I was just responding to the op. maybe someone else is needing though.

Get with it Gramps, I'm probably as old as you. Been online banking, credit cards , everything since 95. Have never had one issue. Just be sure and book with a brand name company and always use a credit card, not a debit card.
It's not as risky as it may appear.
Good luck with your tickets. Saw Hawks live last year at the National Duels.
Had a blast.

Reactions: kkhawk
Get with it Gramps, I'm probably as old as you. Been online banking, credit cards , everything since 95. Have never had one issue. Just be sure and book with a brand name company and always use a credit card, not a debit card.
It's not as risky as it may appear.
Good luck with your tickets. Saw Hawks live last year at the National Duels.
Had a blast.
Pshaw…. Just walk up to Carver a bit before match and meet some new friends with ticket for sale or giveaway.

Reactions: Sett1997
Pshaw…. Just walk up to Carver a bit before match and meet some new friends with ticket for sale or giveaway.
Agree if you can do it that way and pretty much be gauranteed to get in el dub, I haven't tried that at Carver.
I was more referring to his hesitancy to do online commerce.

Reactions: el dub
Agree if you can do it that way and pretty much be gauranteed to get in el dub, I haven't tried that at Carver.
I was more referring to his hesitancy to do online commerce.
Me too. Luddites unite!!

And I have at Carver for wrestling.

Getting into Dead shows that way was a hobby of mine for a spell back in the day…

If you need tickets still for NW I have 2 that you can have for that dual. Leave your email here

will get back to you.... thanks!!
That will be good, glad I'm able to help.

Reactions: el dub
Not true I requested and received hard copies.

Reactions: Gobblin
Um, me, but soon enough to be 60, "Since (turning) 95" would've been referring to (Sett19)97 who referred to me as 98(lberEating2Lunches).

Follow?
Doh! This purple train is something else. Lol

i like turtles GIF

• Haha
Reactions: ping72 and Sett1997
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT