ADVERTISEMENT

New Book Out on FDR dumping VP Wallace for Truman to be VP in 1944

West Dundee Hawkeye

HR All-American
Sep 28, 2003
Just read a review of a new book coming out on why FDR dumped his then VP Henry Wallace for Truman in 1944.

So many of the Biden supporters act like Biden can't dump Harris and pick someone like Manchin or Gretchen Whitmer.

FDR wanted James Byrnes but the party elders wanted Truman.

If FDR can make a change in 1944, then Biden can do it in 2024.

‘The World That Wasn’t’ Review: When FDR Dumped Wallace​

In 1940 it made political sense for Roosevelt to choose Henry Wallace as his vice president. Four years later, the logic was gone.​

FDR Dumping Wallace

The people who this line of thinking would appeal to would simply find another excuse to vote republican.

Reactions: THE_DEVIL
The people who this line of thinking would appeal to would simply find another excuse to vote republican.
No way I'll ever vote Republican but I'm among those who wants someone better than Harris. To be fair, I want someone better than Biden, too.

I've been rooting for Harris to strut her stuff and prove that she is a strength for the ticket, not a liability. But she hasn't.

It's very simple: Biden looks unlikely to finish a second term. The VP has to be someone I have confidence will be a good President.

I don't have that confidence in Harris.

That said, I'll still almost certainly vote for the Biden/Harris ticket. And I'd even vote for a Harris/Unknown ticket should that be needed to defeat Trump or any Republican. But I won't be happy about it.

People like me sometimes vote 3rd party or stay at home when they see the Dems totally ignore them. As long as the Dems don't attack folks like me - like Team Hillary did in 2016, but Team Biden did not in 2020 - they have my vote.

Newsom/AOC or Newsom/Whitmer would be better.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT