ADVERTISEMENT

New Hawk Singlets

tigerguy_

HR Heisman
Gold Member
Oct 9, 2003
You know I love it when the football team does the alternate uniforms for a game, but am just the opposite with wrestling.

Watching the NCAA's was so glad that the Hawks stay with the traditional look of the singlets and not these color-coded monstrosities of some schools. You look down at a mat and do double takes of what team is wrestling.

Okie State bothers me the most. Just wear the orange ones like you're supposed to.

You know I love it when the football team does the alternate uniforms for a game, but am just the opposite with wrestling.

Watching the NCAA's was so glad that the Hawks stay with the traditional look of the singlets and not these color-coded monstrosities of some schools. You look down at a mat and do double takes of what team is wrestling.

Okie State bothers me the most. Just wear the orange ones like you're supposed to.
I like the orange better, but they have always had black too-at least for the last 40 years. Easily recognizable....

I like the orange better, but they have always had black too-at least for the last 40 years. Easily recognizable....
Wear this one
coachgundy-png-1487197719.png

Not this one
images

Or this one
AP944278807518.jpg

Not a cow poke fan but I like the different singlets. I like the black one with the cowboy on the ribs. And for some odd reason I like the white ones they have worn in the past. My favorite all time is the iconic Hawk singlet but would like to see them in an all white with a black Iowa on it done once a year. Kids like the alternate singlet/jerseys for some reason

Iowa has the best uniforms in wrestling. I would NOT change it.

I feel the same way about Penn State's football uniforms. As for the Penn State wrestling uniforms, I hate them. They remind me of the Batman uniform in the old corny TV series with that wide utility belt.

For you youngins that never saw the series:

giphy-2-1.gif

Last edited:

I feel the same way about Penn State's football uniforms. As for the Penn State wrestling uniforms, I hate them. They remind me of the Batman uniform in the old corny TV series with that wide utility belt.

giphy-2-1.gif
Hey does that look like Nick go to anyone else Robin there. Haven’t decided who Batman looks like yet.

giphy-2-1.gif

Get rid of the white belt and the psu singlet would be pretty sweet, imo.

One singlet and the current one.

If we do anything different, have guys in finals Saturday night after we clinched, or to clinch, come out entirely in black with “24” sublimated in black.

giphy-2-1.gif
Agreed. Iowa Wrestling, PSU, Michigan, fOSU football unis, those things are old school and sacred, IMO. Not all change is good, not even close to good.

giphy-2-1.gif
Hawks, Gophers, Michigan and even PSU are my taste.
I like simple wrestling singlets. Keep the multicolored cartoon stuff for little kids. Although the Mizzou tiger stripes have grown on me.

Hawks, Gophers, Michigan and even PSU are my taste.
I like simple wrestling singlets. Keep the multicolored cartoon stuff for little kids. Although the Mizzou tiger stripes have grown on me.

Spose that's why Mizzou got so many high seeds??? :)

Notre dame has some of the ugliest unis out there imo. The baby poop pants are hideous

Changing Iowa's design would be heresy. I really wasn't even crazy about adding the Herky wrestler. Ohio State's 24 different unis is confusing. Throw in the fact that Rutgers has the same stripes on the back as three of the Buckeyes' ones (slightly different color combo) and it is ridiculous. They should be required to pick one style of uniform for the whole tournament at the NCAA. With 8 mats, it's hard enough to tell who's up where, without guessing what unis they're wearing this round. I also hate white singlets, and mostly any real light color, for various reasons.
Also, hate using colors that aren't a school's colors. Iowa State did that in Douglas' years, and, as mentioned, a lot of teams doing it now. Hate the gray Gopher's unis.
Also, can't stand Alabama and PSU football unis. Look like Jr High unis from the 60s.
Man, I'm getting grouchy in my old age.

Changing Iowa's design would be heresy. I really wasn't even crazy about adding the Herky wrestler. Ohio State's 24 different unis is confusing. Throw in the fact that Rutgers has the same stripes on the back as three of the Buckeyes' ones (slightly different color combo) and it is ridiculous. They should be required to pick one style of uniform for the whole tournament at the NCAA. With 8 mats, it's hard enough to tell who's up where, without guessing what unis they're wearing this round. I also hate white singlets, and mostly any real light color, for various reasons.
Also, hate using colors that aren't a school's colors. Iowa State did that in Douglas' years, and, as mentioned, a lot of teams doing it now. Hate the gray Gopher's unis.
Also, can't stand Alabama and PSU football unis. Look like Jr High unis from the 60s.
Man, I'm getting grouchy in my old age.

Only one minor correction on our football unis TNT, they're practice unis, not Jr High unis.

Reactions: TNTwrestle
fOSU football unis? They change faster and have more looks anymore than anyone this side of Eugene, OR,
That's the point, they shouldn't change them. There are High Schools throughout the country that copy primarily the helmet design, and it looks pretty cool when those teams come strolling in.

Unless it's changed and/or my memory is crap, Harlan had Buckeye helmets and West Bend/Mallard had Wolverine helmets. They both had good teams for long stretches and it seemed somewhat intimidating to see them in those unis.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT