ADVERTISEMENT

**NEW** Iowa Women's Basketball Recruiting Thread

I have to wonder if Henderson expressed interest in Iowa first or otherwise strong mutual interest. I feel like the staff have dedicated a fair bit of resources to her. She — like Deal — is from very far away and doesnt seem like the usual kind of target for Bluder. But I think Bluder and co have made up to 3 visits to Arizona now…

Reactions: HIWILLE and Torg
I have to wonder if Henderson expressed interest in Iowa first or otherwise strong mutual interest. I feel like the staff have dedicated a fair bit of resources to her. She — like Deal — is from very far away and doesnt seem like the usual kind of target for Bluder. But I think Bluder and co have made up to 3 visits to Arizona now…
She's been hurt since the AAU summer circuit. I don't believe she's played yet during the high school season.

Iowa was also fairly late to offer her. Back when I did the 2025 top targets article I originally had her on the list, then removed her because Iowa hadn't offered at that point and a bunch of other schools had.

Reactions: shikreto
So I'm to lazy to go back and look through 50 pages, and I know Houston from Davenport has committed but their other star guard has not, correct? In the article I read today it didn't sound to promising.

So I'm to lazy to go back and look through 50 pages, and I know Houston from Davenport has committed but their other star guard has not, correct? In the article I read today it didn't sound to promising.
You can search for her name as well, there’s a fair bit of discussion about her.

TLDR is that hawk fans shouldnt hold their breath for Bourrage.

Reactions: HIWILLE and littlez
Has anyone heard anything about Aaliyah Guyton's injury? Last I heard she left her game with a non-contact knee injury right before the new year....but crickets since?

ETA: I just saw on the other message board that she was supposed to have an MRI on Saturday.

Last edited:
Reactions: letsgosports
Has anyone heard anything about Aaliyah Guyton's injury? Last I heard she left her game with a non-contact knee injury right before the new year....but crickets since?

ETA: I just saw on the other message board that she was supposed to have an MRI on Saturday.

• Sad
Reactions: Torg
It’s a day later on Guyton diagnosis. Hoping no news is good news.
I hope so too.

I'm not optimistic though. Unfortunately I've been in the training room with 3 different athletes over the years that have had knee injuries during a game. When the injury is an ACL it's very obvious. The whole knee joint can be moved in a direction that it normally doesn't move. In those cases, the trainer knows right away it's an ACL and the follow up MRI is just to determine the severity and if more than the ACL was damaged. There was no rush to get the MRI done quickly.

So when i hear that the MRI was several days after the injury, that makes me think that it's not good news.

I hope I'm wrong and I obviously was not in the training room with Guyton, so I'm just offering up my opinion based on my experiences. I REALLY hope I'm wrong.

I hope so too.

I'm not optimistic though. Unfortunately I've been in the training room with 3 different athletes over the years that have had knee injuries during a game. When the injury is an ACL it's very obvious. The whole knee joint can be moved in a direction that it normally doesn't move. In those cases, the trainer knows right away it's an ACL and the follow up MRI is just to determine the severity and if more than the ACL was damaged. There was no rush to get the MRI done quickly.

So when i hear that the MRI was several days after the injury, that makes me think that it's not good news.

I hope I'm wrong and I obviously was not in the training room with Guyton, so I'm just offering up my opinion based on my experiences. I REALLY hope I'm wrong.
Limited experience but my son had a wrestling injury, trainer said ACL, team Dr for Iowa football said ACL, went on Monday and it was just an LCL.

I can't believe any young woman watching that game on Saturday night would not want to be a Hawkeye. Transition basketball at its finest, huge crowds and a hall of fame coach. We have Peacock and could have watched the Chiefs but we watched the Iowa women instead. Exciting basketball and fun to watch.

Last edited:
Did Adelaide Jernigan (2025) still go on her visit last weekend? If so, does anyone have a report on how it went? Also, does anyone know of other recruits who went last weekend or have planned upcoming visits this winter/spring?

Reactions: FrankBurns00
I re-watched the Indiana game and I heard Gus Johnson talking about how Clark tried to get Sydney Parrish to transfer to Iowa. Based on her Liking that tweet about Betts to Iowa as well, it seems she was working on that one as well.

To all those that think it should be so easy for Bluder and co to grab anyone (because why wouldn't anyone want to play with Clark??)....the challenges are real.

Last edited:
Reactions: intrepodor
Sorry, but I can’t remember/ find who Betts is. TIA
Lauren Betts. She was a highly rated center at Stanford who entered the portal last spring and is now at UCLA. She could have really helped us and made our team complete if she had come to Iowa.

Did Adelaide Jernigan (2025) still go on her visit last weekend? If so, does anyone have a report on how it went? Also, does anyone know of other recruits who went last weekend or have planned upcoming visits this winter/spring?
I found out in another thread that she didn't attend her visit and hopes to reschedule it for some time in the next few weeks.

Reactions: hawkod
Well, I was anticipating we could lose this game. And at least one more in the B1G reg. season. What I'm guessing, with CC gone next year, is that the team will transform into a more paint-oriented team with Ava at the 5 and Hannah at the 4. We'll still have decent perimeter scoring with Taylor, Kylie, and eventually Mallegni, but the big question is at PG. I'm hoping Bluder is scouring the portal for transfers.
So you think Ava will play?

• Haha
Reactions: HIWILLE
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT