ADVERTISEMENT

New Survey: 28% Of Gen Z Adults Identify As LGBTQ

NoleATL

HR Legend
Gold Member
Jul 11, 2007
Thats an awfully high number... However, as you look at the trend of Gen XYZ, it is clearly going in that direction so it is very possibly, accurate.

"About 28% of Gen Z adults identify as LGBTQ, compared with 16% of millennials, 7% of Generation X (born 1965-1980), 4% of baby boomers (1946-1964) and 4% of the Silent Generation (1928-1945)".

Jimmy Fallon Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Are social influences a factor in this?

7% of American adults identify as LGBT.

28% is a massive number.

Thats an awfully high number... However, as you look at the trend of Gen XYZ, it is clearly going in that direction so it is very possibly, accurate.

"About 28% of Gen Z adults identify as LGBTQ, compared with 16% of millennials, 7% of Generation X (born 1965-1980), 4% of baby boomers (1946-1964) and 4% of the Silent Generation (1928-1945)".

You should've rejected the TQIA++2S when they glommed on to sexual orientation, LGBs. But once gay marriage became largely accepted, the LGB orgs' funding/donations dried up and they started taking up the cosplay/furry/polycule/I'm-going-to-show-the-world-my-fetish crowd cause. Big mistake.

need some alphas and gym bros to relentlessly slide into womens dm’s to keep them straight!

I hear sending unsolicited dick pics also makes the ladies swoon

I was thinking about this yesterday. I bet someone has already sent a creeper mode AI bot out into the world to dragnet for women.

Reactions: auntie_fah
In my mind, 69% of that 28% is hot college girls experimenting with scissoring.

Think of society, are roughly around 20% of people hot college girls? If so, I'll need your location because I have to relocate.

“Gens” are so stupid. Gen Z = “1997-2012”? 15 years?

Not only are start points and endpoints arbitrary, but the gen length is too.

Gens only make sense for a given family lineage.

Is nobody worried that the right might introduce a competing identities acronym like EROS (stands for Evangelists, Repressed, orange lovers, swingers) and headline will be

"About 4% of Gen Z adults identify as EROS, compared with 6% of millennials, 7% of Generation X (born 1965-1980), 60% of baby boomers (1946-1964) and 4% of the Silent Generation (1928-1945)".

that's meant as a joke, please spare me even if it's unfunny :)

Are social influences a factor in this?

7% of American adults identify as LGBT.

28% is a massive number.

Of course it is. Gen Z has come of age in an era fully immersed in the idea of your identity group as the defining social structure of society. You see it with the huge rise in fascination with Myers Briggs all over again, as well as greatly expanding the definition of things like "mental illness" so almost everyone can claim one. They are doing the same with LGBTQ, expand into so many definitions that anyone can apply.

Cranky old folks like to say that everyone is trying to claim victimhood. For some people maybe, but it's not that nefarious I don't think. We grew up where you were easily defined by where you were from, what you did, what you were into, how much money you had, and regular social types like jock, nerd, burnout, etc that had a certain amount of mobility between them.

Gen Z has been taught that their identity group IS who they are. You have to be something. If you aren't an oppressed class, not neurodivergent, not LGBTQ...what exactly are you? You can't just say, well, I'm normal. I think it's to be expected.

I don't know if its something they will grow out of or what. Because the weird side effect of it is, if everyone is LGBTQ, or everyone has mental illness, then nobody does. I think you will either see these labels lose much of their political power, or you will start to see strenuous gatekeeping by the real advocates/activists. This definition creep definitely can have real negatives for the cause if it goes unchecked.

As organized religion dies, the traditional family dies, and masculinity dies... something must take their places... And here we are...

We know who these kids are too... It's the purple and pink haired, bull ring in the nose, 250 lb fatty chicks and the skinny jean man-bun boys.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT