ADVERTISEMENT

New Video of McCaffery Brothers

Connor and Patrick are really good players. I don't think that Marion Catholic is nearly as good as they were a couple of years ago with Tyler Ulis. Ulis' Marion team played a really good (I think they were #1 in Iowa at the time) Dubuque Senior team and won by about four points in a holiday game at Loras College in Dubuque, which I saw. Fran needs to get proven star-power players at Iowa, and I think that both Connor and Patrick fill the bill because they are really talented (from their Mom) and play terrific opposition week-in and week-out in the Mississippi Valley Conference in Iowa, where Dale Jones, Jarod Uthoff, Cordell Pemsl, Jordan Bohannon, Marcus Paige, Matt Gatens, Eric May, Jeremy Morgan, the Lohaus brothers, etc., etc. played.

Last edited:
I think it's interesting that they have different styles of play. Connor uses his body well (like a Pemsl) and is an excellent passer. Patrick is more flashy. Excellent players.

Love the way the younger Mccaffrey plays. Under control, makes a jump stop and goes up strong.

Patrick is starting to play with confidence. he's going to be good. on a side note, did anyone else check out the aj green video in the same link? is there ANY chance that we can get this kid? he is a pure shooter, fearless and can get his own shot whenever he wants it. doesnt matter if he's got a hand in the face, his release is so high he can get it off regardless. kid is going to be a stud.

Reactions: DenverTurtle
What I liked most was Connor's 'look'. He looked mature, controlled, business like, wants things done right.

Reactions: unIowa
Patrick is starting to play with confidence. he's going to be good. on a side note, did anyone else check out the aj green video in the same link? is there ANY chance that we can get this kid? he is a pure shooter, fearless and can get his own shot whenever he wants it. doesnt matter if he's got a hand in the face, his release is so high he can get it off regardless. kid is going to be a stud.

I'm wondering if AJ Green might be better than Connor at this point.

Connor and Patrick are really good players. I don't think that Marion Catholic is nearly as good as they were a couple of years ago with Tyler Ulis. Ulis' Marion team played a really good (I think they were #1 in Iowa at the time) Dubuque Senior team and won by about four points in a holiday game at Loras College in Dubuque, which I saw. Fran needs to get proven star-power players at Iowa, and I think that both Connor and Patrick fill the bill because they are really talented (from their Mom) and play terrific opposition week-in and week-out in the Mississippi Valley Conference in Iowa, where Dale Jones, Jarod Uthoff, Cordell Pemsl, Jordan Bohannon, Marcus Paige, Matt Gatens, Eric May, Jeremy Morgan, the Lohaus brothers, etc., etc. played.
Fran grew up in Philly and had the nickname "White Magic". I think he may have contributed to the talent of his sons as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT