ADVERTISEMENT

New Wrestling facility

Here’s the design page. The room does have windows on the opposite side of the photos, except those are viewing windows from what appear to be offices.

The black mats/walls don't help with the "dungeon" look. For example, PSU's room looks way brighter because it has a lot of white on the mats and walls. I don't think it has windows to the outside, but could be wrong.

Windows to let in natural light would have been nice sure, but nobody should be worrying about this. It's not that important.

All the photos have that dingy look. I'd chalk it up to an amateur photographer or even a filter given consistency of all pics.
Maybe they paid extra to get that Death Star vibe going.

Reactions: Hawkgma
I dont think practices are open to watch, even from windows. Is there any windows in the current facility? Ive only been there a few times but I dont remember windows in the practice area. I think the men BB practice directly across from the wrestling and I dont think they had windows for practice.

Last edited:
Reactions: Inthecircle
If you can’t comprehend the building has more than 1 wall you have what my wife refers to as a “kid brain.”

Edit: Having seen your posting history over the years, this tracks.
Did you look at the post? It shows
The black mats/walls don't help with the "dungeon" look. For example, PSU's room looks way brighter because it has a lot of white on the mats and walls. I don't think it has windows to the outside, but could be wrong.

Windows to let in natural light would have been nice sure, but nobody should be worrying about this. It's not that important.
Actually sunlight is very important. Maybe the Brands would be less moody with more sun exposure?

hole deep GIF by Feliks Tomasz Konczakowski

Here’s the design page. The room does have windows on the opposite side of the photos, except those are viewing windows from what appear to be offices.
Some yellow mats like they had here would have brightened it up a bit.

Who gives a shit if Penn State has white walls? My man cave garage has black walls and it's glorious. Some people bitch about wet dreams.. Always keep your glasses half full! Ignore the sheep.

The only practice facility I can recall having windows, was in a living room.
Oh shut up.

Michigan, Cornell, tOSU, azerbaijan - gorgeous, multimillion dollar facilities with natural lighting.

If there really aren't windows with natural lighting (which none of the renderings, or images thus far have shown) - it makes very little sense in 2024

The wrestling room is in the same level as the floor of Carver connected by tunnel.

Above the room and at ground level will be the museum or at least the history of Iowa wrestling.

Lack of windows has not been an issue while in current room.

I would imagine the choice was do they want windows or do they want to be connected to Carver.

They chose being connected to Carver.

Oh shut up.

Michigan, Cornell, tOSU, azerbaijan - gorgeous, multimillion dollar facilities with natural lighting.

If there really aren't windows with natural lighting (which none of the renderings, or images thus far have shown) - it makes very little sense in 2024
OMG no windows! Don't worry, David Taylor will put some in himself when you get Tom and Terry fired

LOL. Not bitter. I don't have to wrestle in the room.

But you have to admit... it's fugging WEIRD.
Thanks for adding to my knowledge base. I was unaware of those facilities having windows. However, since you mentioned Azerbaijan, I do recall seeing more windows in the old Soviet Union in videos, mostly up high on the wall and some at street level.
The living room was a lighthearted comment. As elementary kids a lot of the gray and bald guys on here received our introduction to wrestling on carpet. The ol rug burn days if you will.

Thanks for adding to my knowledge base. I was unaware of those facilities having windows. However, since you mentioned Azerbaijan, I do recall seeing more windows in the old Soviet Union in videos, mostly up high on the wall and some at street level.
The living room was a lighthearted comment. As elementary kids a lot of the gray and bald guys on here received our introduction to wrestling on carpet. The ol rug burn days if you will.

Yeah. I remember the (literal) broom closet i started my wrestling career in. and the walls painted black.

Obviously didn't know any different or cared. But some sunlight would have been nice looking back. LOL

Reactions: Inthecircle
The wrestling room is in the same level as the floor of Carver connected by tunnel.

Above the room and at ground level will be the museum or at least the history of Iowa wrestling.

Lack of windows has not been an issue while in current room.

I would imagine the choice was do they want windows or do they want to be connected to Carver.

They chose being connected to Carver.
god knows you can't walk down a flight of steps to get to the tunnel....then you could have both!!!!!

Reactions: el dub and vhsalum
Yeah. I remember the (literal) broom closet i started my wrestling career in. and the walls painted black.

Obviously didn't know any different or cared. But some sunlight would have been nice looking back. LOL
It's almost like you were to busy focusing on wrestling to care about sunlight 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: vhsalum
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT