ADVERTISEMENT

Nice Read on Aiden Hall

That article was a good read. It is going to be fun watching Aiden develop over the next couple of yours. He might be the second coming of Chad Greenway.

Reactions: Packer54
I’ll say it again, Iowa turns out really good athletes for a state of 3 million.
yes,we do.

I remember when Hayden Fry first came here he is on record saying "in an average year you might get five D1 players out of Iowa."

that has improved noticeably. I really do not know why, but it has.

yes,we do.

I remember when Hayden Fry first came here he is on record saying "in an average year you might get five D1 players out of Iowa."

I would say that there has been a dramatic improvement in coaching and facillities. I went to one of the larger high schools in the state in the early 80s, and the weight room was about the same size as my bedroom in my house. Also, kids have better options on attending camps.

yes,we do.

Part of his mantra and it carried on with KF ( why a coach with state/program ties is important) to educate and improve the high school coaching and training in the state!

Reactions: F5n5
Part of his mantra and it carried on with KF ( why a coach with state/program ties is important) to educate and improve the high school coaching and training in the state!

As an addition to that, I have a long said the emergence of soccer in the United States, especially in the suburbs, and then in the more rural areas in the Midwest has greatly increased the overall athleticism of those kids in my opinion. Almost every kid at some point in time plays in a soccer league from five years old and up.

It makes them active, increases their agility, speed and spatial awareness.

As an addition to that, I have a long said the emergence of soccer in the United States, especially in the suburbs, and then in the more rural areas in the Midwest has greatly increased the overall athleticism of those kids in my opinion. Almost every kid at some point in time plays in a soccer league from five years old and up.

It makes them active, increases their agility, speed and spatial awareness.
My son would like to play it, but winter/spring/summer baseball conflicts with it and in the fall, Hawkeye football conflicts with it.

Reactions: cmhawks99
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT