ADVERTISEMENT

NIL Compensation. For DI Men’s Basketball Transfers, $750,000 is the average for a Top 50 Ranked Transfer

Franisdaman

HB King
Nov 3, 2012
Heaven, Iowa
This is how much "student-athletes" will really make from this year’s basketball transfer portal.

Tony Perkins was looking for $500,000 and reportedly got $400,000.

Tier 1 programs are the Power 4 + the Big East.

GQ3SfpYWAAAMFo5

Source:

Tier 1 programs (Power 4 + Big East) spent an average of 2x the amount that Tier II and 7x the amount of Tier III & IV programs spent on men’s basketball transfers in 2024.

Important to note that Tier I schools also captured 82% of Top 200 ranked players in the portal.

GQ3SgDxXQAAQxhx

If we look only at transfers ranked 201-500, we find that Tier I schools outspent Tier II programs by 2x and Tier III & IV schools by 5x spent on the same pool of student-athletes!

Moral: Schools vastly overspend when they have bigger budgets and bid in a vacuum with no data.

GQ3Sge1XsAIOfRi

Source:

Reactions: Hawksfor3
If we look only at transfers ranked 201-500, we find that Tier I schools outspent Tier II programs by 2x and Tier III & IV schools by 5x spent on the same pool of student-athletes!

Moral: Schools vastly overspend when they have bigger budgets and bid in a vacuum with no data.

GQ3Sge1XsAIOfRi

Source:

The highest salary in the G-League is just over 500k. The average salary is near 100k. Takeaway: Stay in school lol. J/K

I wonder if the transfer portal has drastically driven down the price for incoming freshmen. Might explain why we are in on a number of top 100 recruits. Fran can sell them playing time and development.

Reactions: Franisdaman
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT