ADVERTISEMENT

NIT tix going like hotcakes

Of course nobody wants to end up in the NIT, but it's annoying when people refer to the winner of the tournament as the 69th best team in the country. There's a reason why the NCAA tournament is referred to as the Big Dance. It guarantees entrance for teams that would struggle mightily in a Power 5 conference.

Of course nobody wants to end up in the NIT, but it's annoying when people refer to the winner of the tournament as the 69th best team in the country. There's a reason why the NCAA tournament is referred to as the Big Dance. It guarantees entrance for teams that would struggle mightily in a Power 5 conference.
beavis-and-butt-head-laughing.gif

Heh heh, heh heh, he said "69," heh heh, heh heh

That's a pet peeve of mine. Anyone who thinks the winner of the NIT is the 69th best team in the country is an idiot, plain and simple.

Looking at the ticketing page, the sideline seats are sold the first 20-25 rows. There will be walk up sales too. There will easily be 6,000+ in attendance. And they will all be around the court. It's not going to be a party atmosphere, but it'll be louder than most regular season games
Agreed

Iowa should think out of the box and offer a free Trump mugshot T Shirt at the end of the Game to all ticket stub holders , place would be packed

Reactions: BlameIt
At the poor house?
Edinburgh Manor perhaps?
In first grade or so, we did a class trip to Edinburgh Manor to sing Christmas carols to the residents. I was standing on the back riser during the show, I turned around mid-song and puked all over, lol. I waited out the rest of the field trip on the bus.

I get it "cool story bro". I just haven't heard anyone mention that place in quite some time.

In first grade or so, we did a class trip to Edinburgh Manor to sing Christmas carols to the residents. I was standing on the back riser during the show, I turned around mid-song and puked all over, lol. I waited out the rest of the field trip on the bus.

I get it "cool story bro". I just haven't heard anyone mention that place in quite some time.

That is hilarious. I’m glad you put that out there. We used to live between Amber and Scotch Grove. About 2 miles from The Manor. We want to go back and take a tour. I’ll look for the vomit.

Reactions: IAcountyHawk
That is hilarious. I’m glad you put that out there. We used to live between Amber and Scotch Grove. About 2 miles from The Manor. We want to go back and take a tour. I’ll look for the vomit.
Sure I know where you're talking, my best friend grew up just outside of Amber.

You'll have to let me know if there's still a stain on the basement floor haha.

• Haha
Reactions: WSC72
Different time. Hawk fans were thirsty for any postseason play.
Naturally after dancing 7 of last 9 years fans are not as excited by NIT.
If we were playing kstate in December it would be a big non-conference tilt with a big crowd.
Ksu has had big recent success in dance. Power 5 opponent. Rare deal.

For reference, our 2012 NIT game vs. Dayton had over 13,000 tickets sold.

The Indiana St and Stony Brook games the following year had 15,400 (sold out). The second round game vs TCU in 2017 also sold out.

KSU coach Jerome Tang. I kinda wonder what his middle name is now, but the answer might be more disappointing than making the NIT.

Sure I know where you're talking, my best friend grew up just outside of Amber.

You'll have to let me know if there's still a stain on the basement floor haha.
Didn't some ghost hunters spend the night in the place a couple of years ago?

Reactions: WSC72
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT