ADVERTISEMENT

Need to unload half the team and replace via the portal. By and large MAC/YMCA talent on this pathetic team. The NIT IS AN ABSOLUTE EMBARRASSMENT!!

2 things routinely amaze me about threads like these…

1) if these guys are winning 18 games in the Big 10 with a bottom tier MAC roster, there is some serious coaching going on in Iowa City….

2) it’s weird how often Iowa fans call someone MAC level that other “professional “ entities rave about….

It tells me we have a lot of dumb fans…🤷‍♂️
They only won 10 games in the Big 10. 8 wins were non conference. Just a minor nit pick..

Happy Bayern GIF by Bayerischer Rundfunk

I don’t want to call them out individually, but it’s fairly obvious only 3-4 players are BIG Ten level talent. If we get a new coach, he’ll need to Deion this roster if we hope to compete!
Now we are taking advice from Deion? God help us

which is quite the opposite of this Iowa team!

Well, except last nights game... that was trash!
Our shooting was trash but I don't think they necessarily played like trash. We hit a couple more open shots, especially all the ones that kept going in and out and it's a different game. Need to find a way to beat Ohio St so we can get another crack at Illinois. Gave up only 73 points which considering Illinois scores 84 per game is pretty solid. They scored 95 on us a couple weeks ago. Offensive rebounding could have been better for sure. Only had 5 turnovers compared to 12 for Illinois.

Our shooting was trash but I don't think they necessarily played like trash. We hit a couple more open shots, especially all the ones that kept going in and out and it's a different game. Need to find a way to beat Ohio St so we can get another crack at Illinois. Gave up only 73 points which considering Illinois scores 84 per game is pretty solid. They scored 95 on us a couple weeks ago. Offensive rebounding could have been better for sure. Only had 5 turnovers compared to 12 for Illinois.
IMO sometimes teams are just off with their shooting and has little or nothing to do with defense by the other team. One of the phrases used in game writeups that I disagree with (tho not always ) is the "Tigers" held the "Woodchucks" to 35% shooting. percentage. Well, maybe those woodchucks were just cold that night.

Reactions: DewHawk
IMO sometimes teams are just off with their shooting and has little or nothing to do with defense by the other team. One of the phrases used in game writeups that I disagree with (tho not always ) is the "Tigers" held the "Woodchucks" to 35% shooting. percentage. Well, maybe those woodchucks were just cold that night.
or taking poor shots...

shots tequila GIF

or taking poor shots...

shots tequila GIF
I thought Sandfort took too many silly shots in the second half but most of them we were down 10-12 and needed a spark. First half though, we missed a lot of good looks early including 2 wide open Dix 3 pointers. Harding also, for as much of a spark as he was and he should have gotten more minutes, missed about 3-4 makeable layups. I think he is rushing his attempts right now worrying about getting blocked but as he continues to adjust to size and speed of B10 could be a good one. He knows how to get to the rim and dish the rock.

Reactions: LukaDuka
NIT is dogshit and useless.
Of course the NIT is not what it used to be since the NCAA increased the number of teams. in the dance. But it's not the ***** fans make it out to be. If it weren't for the NIT there wouldn't be the big dance. That's history. NCAA had to get the idea for a tourney from somewhere. ! When Iowa got 2nd to SF and Russell in the NCAA's the NIT was still big and almost equal.

Garza wasn't a "true" center+?
Debatable. I think we was more of hybrid PF/C Playing the 5 out of necessity. Great player, one of my favorites of all time, Hawkeye or not.

Lets face it, Garza turned himself into a stud - he was not a big recruiting win by Fran To begin with.

Debatable. I think we was more of hybrid PF/C Playing the 5 out of necessity. Great player, one of my favorites of all time, Hawkeye or not.

Lets face it, Garza turned himself into a stud - he was not a big recruiting win by Fran To begin with.
You might want to check his offer list, not too bad.. and he was a 4 star on Rivals
Iowa
VT
Louisville
Indiana
Alabama
Depaul
Georgia
Notre Dame

And a quite a lot of others.

Some of those schools suck now but in 2017 they weren't so bad.

Iowa went 18-2 in the conference this year?

Holy shit, you might be on to something here, Chad.

I started to go a different direction with this originally, but I knew those of you that would snag the low hanging fruit would help justify the point. We only won 18 games….10 came against the oh so great Big 10…..😳

Where we don’t even have anyone who could play for Illinois….😳

Hard to believe….

Thanks for your support Ragnor…..😂

Last edited:
Reactions: RagnarLothbrok
What kind of piss poor program do we have if making the NIT is considered overachieving?!?! Pathetic.
Remember, Iowa was one of only a handful of D-I teams to make the Dance four straight years (would have been 5 if not for Covid). That's not piss poor.

Remember, Iowa was one of only a handful of D-I teams to make the Dance four straight years (would have been 5 if not for Covid). That's not piss poor.

No especially not with a roster of Waldorf kids….thats crazy coaching chops….right dumbas, er I mean @RagnarLothbrok

I started to go a different direction with this originally, but I knew those of you that would snag the lie hanging fruit would help justify the point. We only won 18 games….10 came against the oh so great Big 10…..😳

Where we don’t even have anyone who could play for Illinois….😳

Hard to believe….

Thanks for your support Ragnor…..😂
Anytime, friend.

No especially not with a roster of Waldorf kids….thats crazy coaching chops….right dumbas, er I mean @RagnarLothbrok
Hey now. Be nice.

For one, Iowa had a lot more talent on those teams than this year’s squad.

Second, I have said numerous times Fran did an amazing job getting this roster to 18 wins. Even in a down year for the conference, the record is impressive with the overall level of talent being down.

Hey now. Be nice.

For one, Iowa had a lot more talent on those teams than this year’s squad.

Second, I have said numerous times Fran did an amazing job getting this roster to 18 wins. Even in a down year for the conference, the record is impressive with the overall level of talent being down.

For the record, the big 10 sucks. I am not at all impressed with ANY team in the Big 10…

With that said, there isn’t a poster on this board who I would trust to give a “critical” evaluation of this program…

Hell this very thread proves it….. that’s the nice thing about this board, if you wait around long enough, the critical types will eventually make themselves look stupid.

Last edited:
That’s every freakin year in any game. For this program. Completely irrelevant for 30 years. Absolute disgrace to be this pathetic for so long.
Its really simple, DONT WATCH! Nobody forces you to watch and if you dont like the coach follow another team! I heard Iowa State is pretty good this year!

I'm for all of the whiners who don't like the Hawkeyes to go follow another team. These kids work their ass's off trying to get better and have a successful season and they have to listen to a-holes who couldn't jog a block complaining about something they know nothing of. If you don't like it move on, no one has a gun to your head. Use your free will.

Reactions: warriors dad
Changing half the Roster will not change the issues, You need a Coach who plays the best players the most Minutes, This is the same Guy who played Connor over Keagan, You need a Coach who is good in game and stresses defense and rebounding and actually Coaches each Team to it's rosters strengths and can recruit at the Guard position . Fran is horrendous at all of the above. Until Fran is gone nothing will change. Argue all You want but the proof is in the pudding and Fran has 4 TOTAL NCAA tourney wins and is 0-28 in taking a Team to the Sweet 16. He needs to go .

Its really simple, DONT WATCH! Nobody forces you to watch and if you dont like the coach follow another team! I heard Iowa State is pretty good this year!
I’m wish it were that easy. I’m a freakin Iowa fan and want us to have a good b-ball team instead of this 30 years of schit basketball we’ve had to deal with. No reason Iowa b-ball should be this bad….ZERO! Illinois, one of the best states due b-ball talent is right next door!!!!! No reason to not have a more talented roster instead of these kids that look like they are from the Pottery Barn spring catalog.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT