ADVERTISEMENT

NIT tix going like hotcakes

Different time. Hawk fans were thirsty for any postseason play.
Naturally after dancing 7 of last 9 years fans are not as excited by NIT.
I agree, but doesn’t that also show the hypocrisy of the fanbase?

Fans don’t want to come to the NIT because it’s a letdown given our consistent NCAA appearances. But fans also don’t show up to games claiming not enough post-season success?

So we win just enough and lose just enough to never have fan support.

Reactions: cmhawks99
The price is fine. I mean come on they will be able to see the NIT Champions.🫣

Fans don’t want to come to the NIT because it’s a letdown given our consistent NCAA appearances. But fans also don’t show up to games claiming not enough post-season success?

And there in lies the rub….fans are hypocritical and hard to keep happy. A 5 year sub.500 streak will get them back in line.

Sad situation if it isn't more than half full.

Should let students in for free.

The fact the U hasn't offered free men's BB tix for some time is aggravating.

That's not an easy location to get to in the dead of winter from Burge. If you want me to show up for a subpar product you shouldn't expect me to pay on top of the $18k I'm already spending per year on my education.

You want a wild student secction...

Make it free.
Make it GA.

Didn't some ghost hunters spend the night in the place a couple of years ago?
I've done two solo overnight paranormal investigations there. I realize most people don't believe in this stuff, and I'm of course fine with that. Anyway, I've heard disembodied voices in there twice, foot step sounds (loud) going across a floor above me, had a door shut slowly in my face on-cue (when I asked if anyone we there with me), heard footsteps coming upstairs towards me, and collected some amazing (to me, anyway) voices on my recorders. Again - SOLO overnights. Nobody in there (in the body) but me. Not asking anyone to believe, just dropping this here since someone mentioned "ghost hunts" there. I hate the term "ghost hunter" since that/s not what this is. I make it clear that I'm there simply to give people who have passed an opportunity to let me know they are there, if they choose to.

That's not an easy location to get to in the dead of winter from Burge. If you want me to show up for a subpar product you shouldn't expect me to pay on top of the $18k I'm already spending per year on my education.

Make it free.
Make it GA.
It's officially spring and it's 60 outside

A fair point, but not really any different from other fan bases.

If packing CHA for NIT games is the goal, then BG can go out and find the next Lickliter, and chances are they will have reached their goal 5-6 years later after they hit rock bottom and the next hire has them respectable again. I would hope that the goal would instead be to put a product on the floor that fixes the regular season attendance problem; more NCAA appearances would likely follow.

Reactions: TRHawkeye145
Students should get in free, GA seating, like they have at Duke. And the bottom 8-10 rows should be reserved for students, from behind one basket all around the court to behind the other basket so it looks good on TV, like at Michigan State. If MSU, Duke, and many others can do it, there's NO reason Iowa can't. That should be the No. 1 objective in the Carver redesign Beth has talked about but has yet to release any details.

And if they get 5,000 people tonight, that would be about all I would expect. And if I were them, I'd drop the curtains like they used to do for women's games so we don't have to see all those empty seats on TV.

I've done two solo overnight paranormal investigations there. I realize most people don't believe in this stuff, and I'm of course fine with that. Anyway, I've heard disembodied voices in there twice, foot step sounds (loud) going across a floor above me, had a door shut slowly in my face on-cue (when I asked if anyone we there with me), heard footsteps coming upstairs towards me, and collected some amazing (to me, anyway) voices on my recorders. Again - SOLO overnights. Nobody in there (in the body) but me. Not asking anyone to believe, just dropping this here since someone mentioned "ghost hunts" there. I hate the term "ghost hunter" since that/s not what this is. I make it clear that I'm there simply to give people who have passed an opportunity to let me know they are there, if they choose to.

Is this in Carver ?

CHA being less than half full tonight. If that turns out to not be a fact, feel free to call me out. Until then STFU.

Clear enough?

Dude, I think you need to get some anger management… I didn’t even know what the “facts were” and really nothing is a fact until it’s actually happened & documented… With that said, I expect you’ll probably be right, nor do I care

KSU coach Jerome Tang. I kinda wonder what his middle name is now, but the answer might be more disappointing than making the NIT.
ae628c4b330acf0308b67d2bc9917e15.jpg

It's officially spring and it's 60 outside

Maybe today, however, Spirit Lake has 13-20 inches of snow predicted for Saturday through Monday,,,,,,seriously. Although the forecast is rarely correct that is what they are saying right now.

Dude, I think you need to get some anger management… I didn’t even know what the “facts were” and really nothing is a fact until it’s actually happened & documented… With that said, I expect you’ll probably be right, nor do I care
You don’t want to be corrected, then don’t challenge me with accusations of not being clear on facts. Try reading the thread next time.

N

Make it free.
Make it GA.
Nothing in life is free. Anything worth having or enjoying must be earned. You'll figure that out when you get in the real world.

Reactions: DewHawk
N

Nothing in life is free. Anything worth having or enjoying must be earned. You'll figure that out when you get in the real world.

I like winter, I enjoy snow and really cold temperatures. Really enjoy an actual bad blizzard. I also like summer and fall. Spring, not so much. I enjoy the smell of fresh cut hay or silage and freshly turned dirt.

I didn’t really earn those things. They’re just there for me to enjoy.

I like to read. I can walk to my local library and check out books for free. I didn’t really earn my legs and eyesight. I was just lucky enough to be born with both.

Last edited:
N

You know who does offer students free tickets and makes it GA?

Duke. It appears to be working OK for them.

And your last sentence gave this old man a much needed laugh. Thank you.

Reactions: WSC72
You know who does offer students free tickets and makes it GA?

Duke. It appears to be working OK for them.

And your last sentence gave this old man a much needed laugh. Thank you.

It also appears to be working for all those people receiving free stuff at taxpayers expense. I guess I can’t honestly say if they are enjoying getting things/cash for doing nothing but they don’t seem to mind.

It also appears to be working for all those people receiving free stuff at taxpayers expense. I guess I can’t honestly say if they are enjoying getting things/cash for doing nothing but they don’t seem to mind.

I wouldn't say paying $18k a year for your education, which could include entrance to a basketball game, getting something for free, but whatever floats anyones boat.

But if you really can't stand seeing these damn free loading 19-20 year old getting a little break, we could just add the cost into tuition...

$75 season tickets for 3,000 seats (est) divided by the 33.000 enrollment.

$6.82 added to tuition that could go straight to the Athletic Department.

Maybe not a great idea but what we're doing now certainly isn't working. 25 years ago we paid double what kids are unwilling to pay now.

Having a non existent and disinterested student section is a big problem. Fans complain FM can't get high level recruits, but would you come play in front of dozens of silent class mates and a or a student section and crowd like they have in Ames?

Barta did nothing to solve the issue, hopefully Beth has some ideas.

Reactions: WSC72
I wouldn't say paying $18k a year for your education, which could include entrance to a basketball game, getting something for free, but whatever floats anyones boat.

But if you really can't stand seeing these damn free loading 19-20 year old getting a little break, we could just add the cost into tuition...

Maybe not a great idea but what we're doing now certainly isn't working. 25 years ago we paid double what kids are unwilling to pay now.

Having a non existent and disinterested student section is a big problem. Barta did nothing to solve the issue, hopefully Beth has some ideas.

I agree with everything you said. However that’s not who I was talking about in my post.

Having a non existent and disinterested student section is a big problem. Fans complain FM can't get high level recruits, but would you come play in front of dozens of silent class mates and a or a student section and crowd like they have in Ames?

Barta did nothing to solve the issue, hopefully Beth has some ideas.
As another poster has said, include tickets with their tuition cost. Ask the students if they would go to games and if not they don't get tickets. Whatever the student limit is that's how many tickets are given out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT