ADVERTISEMENT

No Doyle = No Oline

I don't think so. The weight gains were similar.
It’s more the mentality. Did you see how the OL folded after the All fumble? They were doing fine until then.

Doyle made them tough as nails, and Mentally strong as well. These guys dont have it because Doyle isnt there to give it to them. Go Woke Go Broke. Iowa is Broke

It’s more the mentality. Did you see how the OL folded after the All fumble? They were doing fine until then.

Doyle made them tough as nails, and Mentally strong as well. These guys dont have it because Doyle isnt there to give it to them. Go Woke Go Broke. Iowa is Broke
Fine. For Christ sake no it wasn’t.

Reactions: littlez
Coincidence, correlation or causality? That's a hard one. Did Doyle only work with OL? Cuz other position groups don't look much different form Doyle days

Doyle was a HUGE loss to this program. A few years back KF even alluded to how important Doyle is/was to the program. It’s right in front of our eyes … the road grading Olines … and front hammers in the DLine … Yes… any strength coach can get a guy up to 300 pounds. We are seeing the effects of losing Doyle (and Polesak)… There is a reason why KF made him the highest paid SC in the country … Can’t ignore the turning point of how things have gone south without Doyle and Polesak

I think kids used to respond better to coaches like Doyle, I certainly did. Over time that method just wasn't acceptable and kids won't accept it.

I do think it is a reason we aren't different up front anymore but there's no going back to that in 2023.

Doyle was a HUGE loss to this program. A few years back KF even alluded to how important Doyle is/was to the program. It’s right in front of our eyes … the road grading Olines … and front hammers in the DLine … Yes… any strength coach can get a guy up to 300 pounds. We are seeing the effects of losing Doyle (and Polesak)… There is a reason why KF made him the highest paid SC in the country … Can’t ignore the turning point of how things have gone south without Doyle and Polesak
Hmmm I guess the only way to have a serviceable O-line at Iowa is to have a racist POS strength coach.

Tired of this excuse.

Chris Doyle didn’t help guys completely MISS assignments and whiff on defenders.

We have zero talent on the line and they have NOT improved.
Doyle made these guys better all around … we aren’t recruiting less talent … we don’t have Doyle and Polesak to make them better…

There is talent on the line and if you don’t think Doyle was a major loss (and Polesak) then you are missing the boat…

Reactions: warriors dad
Doyle made these guys better all around … we aren’t recruiting less talent … we don’t have Doyle and Polesak to make them better…

There is talent on the line and if you don’t think Doyle was a major loss (and Polesak) then you are missing the boat…
Then it’s on Kirk find a better coach. Doyle isn’t coming back. Get over it.

Then it’s on Kirk find a better coach. Doyle isn’t coming back. Get over it.
Wait … you called Doyle a “POS racist.” Where are your SPECIFIC proven examples that made him racist.

Did I ask for Doyle to come back. I pointed out losing he and Polesak were major blows… it’s conversation …

Reactions: bhelm22
Everybody was calling for Polesak to be fired when he was here too

I don't think it's just a coincidence that the oline fell off after the 2020 season.

I don't think it's just a coincidence that the oline fell off after the 2020 season.

I guess you're pointing at the March 2021 hire of George Barnett as OL coach? I agree that is the most likely culprit.

Did Doyle not work with the Defense? Because they haven't skipped a beat after him being gone.

The difference is Phil Parker is fantastic at his job and Brian Ferentz sucks shit at his job.

They are flat out poorly coached and consistently out of position/missing assignments.

Somehow the new strength stuff works with DL, LB, DB, and TE, but not with OL.
What I don’t understand is how all these teams across the country are able to have good offensive lines without Chris Doyle coaching them. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Reactions: ichawk24
Tired of this excuse.

Chris Doyle didn’t help guys completely MISS assignments and whiff on defenders.

We have zero talent on the line and they have NOT improved.
Disagree. Guys like Richman Colby and Jones blossomed into nfl linemen when Doyle was here. We weren't landing a bunch of 5 stars every year then either. I actually think he was far better working on strength and agility with our OL DL than any other positions, and other positions actually seem to have improved since he left. But not the trenches.

Reactions: Rustys Dad
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT