ADVERTISEMENT

No Politics Thursday: Home Edition

ButtersHawk

HR MVP
Nov 23, 2021
What is something unique about your home you are proud of or like showing off?

Did you DIY? Did it come with?

For me my basement is unfinished and I turned it into an Iowa dive bar. I laid down fake grass for a floor, fastened a fake stud to hold a shot dispenser and made a nice 3 hole putting green, finally black and gold ceilings and walls.

What about you guys? I'd post pics but apparently am not allowed to do so.

What is something unique about your home you are proud of or like showing off?

Did you DIY? Did it come with?

For me my basement is unfinished and I turned it into an Iowa dive bar. I laid down fake grass for a floor, fastened a fake stud to hold a shot dispenser and made a nice 3 hole putting green, finally black and gold ceilings and walls.

What about you guys? I'd post pics but apparently am not allowed to do so.
My general counsel advises you execute an NDA prior to disclosing any further details.

Being trailer trash, I don't have a garage but I do have a shed.

My shed is 30 years old and made of wood - which is practically unheard of in that it actually is still standing. It is also in damn fine shape for its age, neatly organized, very functional/versatile, and stores an amazing amount of stuff for how large it is (10x12).

Four snowblowers, 2 push lawn mowers, couple chain saws and a pole saw, gas weed trimmer, 3000 psi power washer, two big roller toolboxes, table saw, miter saw, carpentry/plumbing tools/stuff, shovels/rakes/brooms/shears, vice on a workbench, nuts/bolts/fasteners/electrical organizers, extension cords, couple road bikes, all the fluids/oils supports stuff, extra vehicle/OPE parts, my Weber grill, 33 gallon air compressor/air tools stuff...I could go on.

Lots of shelving (OPE is stacked 3 on top of 4, with ramps), lots of stuff hanging on the walls. Think of the interior as a walk-in closet - everything is on 3 sides. I can walk around freely inside where most all the actual work I can do inside the shed - a little tight, but I can move stuff outside if I need a little more room for a quick project.

And oh yeah, it's heated and has a small stereo. Doesn't leak a drop, seals up tight, no varmints/bug getting in.

VERY organized, everything has its place. I need something, I know exactly where it is. What can I say? I know how to fix things - and one doing things like this needs the right stuff to do so.

People that have seen it just shake their head in amazement that I fit all that stuff into it. I hear "FOUR SNOWBLOWERS??????" a lot ;) Yeah, I'm selling a couple of them eventually - just have never gotten around to it yet.

And everything works perfect - and maybe tops 10% of the contents is newer than 20 years old. Just because it's old doesn't mean it isn't still useful.

I have a variety of ways to cook outside. I've got a propane grill, pellet grill, electric smoker, smaller charcoal weber smoker, a Blackstone, and will be purchasing a setup this spring to cook over the firepit we have in the backyard. I'm REALLY looking forward to that.

I’m house dumb enough to not really know what to be proud of. I have a massive AC condenser (10ton?) that is massive compared to all my neighbors. So like a PP flex I guess

I have a variety of ways to cook outside. I've got a propane grill, pellet grill, electric smoker, smaller charcoal weber smoker, a Blackstone, and will be purchasing a setup this spring to cook over the firepit we have in the backyard. I'm REALLY looking forward to that.
I have a Blackstone, Traeger, and a Weber Kettle. I am 90% positive Grilling/Smoking becomes a contagious disease once you turn 30

I have a Blackstone, Traeger, and a Weber Kettle. I am 90% positive Grilling/Smoking becomes a contagious disease once you turn 30
It absolutely does. My fiance (no pics) 100% supports any purchases I make for grilling/smoking/outdoor cooking because she knows she's the sole beneficiary of all my experiments, that generally end up pretty damn tasty.

We put in a nice wood burning stove a few years ago. Super efficient one with the catalytic element for double burning. I did the tile, ledger stone, and mantel myself and it turned out pretty nice I think. Really love the supplemental heat. With mild temps like we've had, our furnace has barely run for weeks. I split most of my own wood that I get from a local tree service, and that's a great workout.

It absolutely does. My fiance (no pics) 100% supports any purchases I make for grilling/smoking/outdoor cooking because she knows she's the sole beneficiary of all my experiments, that generally end up pretty damn tasty.
Current GF wouldn't eat rice until I did homemade fried rice on the Blackstone.

One of my fav's on the Traeger is Pork Wings. Some call it Pork Shanks but it is just as tasty and soooooooooooo much easier to eat then regular Ribs.

Reactions: McLovin32
We put in a nice wood burning stove a few years ago. Super efficient one with the catalytic element for double burning. I did the tile, ledger stone, and mantel myself and it turned out pretty nice I think. Really love the supplemental heat. With mild temps like we've had, our furnace has barely run for weeks. I split most of my own wood that I get from a local tree service, and that's a great workout.
Hell yeah I would kill for something like that, even a fireplace would suffice

Reactions: The-Dude-Abides
Current GF wouldn't eat rice until I did homemade fried rice on the Blackstone.

One of my fav's on the Traeger is Pork Wings. Some call it Pork Shanks but it is just as tasty and soooooooooooo much easier to eat then regular Ribs.
That's one thing that I still need to do on the Blackstone. Might have to do it this weekend.

Besides my love of meats 3 of my Great Gpa's served in WW2. One in the Pacific, one through N. Africa/ Europe, and one was a ball turret gunner wounded over France. I have a dogtag of one, equivalent of a Nazi dime, and a piece of the Berlin Wall.

My Dad's Grandma's maiden name is the same as Joseph Goebbell's stepson's. Been obsessed with WW2 history since I was about 8😂

Besides my love of meats 3 of my Great Gpa's served in WW2. One in the Pacific, one through N. Africa/ Europe, and one was a ball turret gunner wounded over France. I have a dogtag of one, equivalent of a Nazi dime, and a piece of the Berlin Wall.

My Dad's Grandma's maiden name is the same as Joseph Goebbell's stepson's. Been obsessed with WW2 history since I was about 8😂
That's awesome. You're overachieving!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT