ADVERTISEMENT

Northwestern preview

Murin has truly looked his best this season, he needs to control things early. Im not sure he will be able to pull off another comeback like he has done If Thomas has fresh legs in the 3rd.
Our guys usually look their best going into this stretch.

Glory just won 7-2 over an unranked Oregon State wrestler. Wasn't impressive.
Edit: Says number #14 Kaylor, I don't think it was him though. Could be wrong.
Regardless, Glory was not impressive.

Says number #14 Kaylor, I don't think it was him though. Could be wrong.
Was his the first match of the dual or did they hide him till later in the dual?

Posted line up, starting at 133 with Schrriever
Woods
Murin
Siebrecht
Kennedy
Brands
Assad
Glazier
Big Cass
Lee

Do not know if this can change?

Posted line up, starting at 133 with Schrriever
Woods
Murin
Siebrecht
Kennedy
Brands
Assad
Glazier
Big Cass
Lee

Do not know if this can change?
Change what? Lineup? Nope. Etched in stone. Starting weight? Nope. It’s been announced.

I have some POS basketball game on ESPNU with 8 minutes to go!!! Only good thing is it is a blow out and should be over!
The losing team often fouls like crazy, making the last three minutes into 20 minutes of free throws. Usually for naught.

Reactions: Sett1997
Edit: Says number #14 Kaylor, I don't think it was him though. Could be wrong.
Kaylor is a returning all american
Was his the first match of the dual or did they hide him till later in the dual?
first match. didn't fade at all

Kaylor is a returning all american

first match. didn't fade at all
I'll stand by Glory not looking very impressive against the #14 returning all American.
I guess I'm spoiled watching Spencer. 🤣
Spencer would have mauled and probably stuck him. Imo

I'll stand by Glory not looking very impressive against the #14 returning all American.
he got away with an egregious headgear pull on his first takedown. was stunned they didn't take it away after review. they had the angle and watched it in slo mo for 5 min before remembering they lacked the stones to make that call. glory would have won anyway, but it's the principle.

Reactions: Sett1997
We are flirting with disaster. Hawks are going to need to wrestle like they did at Purdue, not like they did against Illinois. Also wondering if CS would match up better at 141 than Bennett?

Make no mistake Iowa losing a dual to Northwestern at home no less would absolutely be a disaster. The last time Iowa lost to the Wildcats was 2005. Iowa dominates the all time series record with a 75-7 win/loss ratio. A loss would be damaging for a program of this caliber.
sure glad they avoided this disaster, i was about to call fema:)

It’s going to take Pat Glory a bit to get his weight cut down, cuts a lot of weight. When he’s healthy he’s definitely the 2nd best 125lber in the country.

Reactions: Nashville_Hawkeye
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT