ADVERTISEMENT

Not a big surprise - Keegan gone

It's been 25 years since Dean Smith was the coach at Carolina, but his advice is still sound. (And with NIL, perhaps even more sound.) If you're going to be a lottery pick, go pro. If not, you're probably better off returning. The time is right for Keegan.

Best of luck to one of the best to ever wear the black and gold.

Too bad we only got to enjoy your talents for 2 years.

Go get paid, young man!!!

FPC7AylWQAc5wRl

Last edited:
Keegan will represent U of Iowa well in his NBA endeavors. Have to leave while the iron is hot. He will do great and look forward to following his career. Congratulations to Keegan and the Murray family.

Reactions: 24 so far
Congrats and have a great career. I hope Kris has a sterling year and is even in the position of having to make this decision in a year.

Reactions: 24 so far
Dang. Wish him nothing but the best. Was one of my all time favorites. It’s too bad his immense talent only resulted in a couple first weekend showings in the tourney.

Hopefully he lands in a good situation and has a great career! I’d say I would watch him, but I haven’t watched an NBA game since DRose was an MVP with the Bulls….so that would probably be a lie.

thanks for everything Keegan! Good luck!

Reactions: Hawkeyesgonewild
And approximately one year from today? We will probably see the same announcement from Kris Murray.

Kinda cool that both Keegan and his dad scored over 1,000 points at Iowa. But just imagine if Keegan had played 2 more years; he scored 822 points this year; he might have ended up with over 2,600 in four years.

2,613 points is the All Time B1G Record (Calbert Cheaney, Indiana, 1990-1993).

@PHawkKenyon ...1,230
(4 yrs: 1993-1996, 124 GP, .462 FG%, 9.9 ppg; 49 three pt goals)

Keegan Murray......1,046 (2 yrs: 2021-2022, 66 GP, .543 FG%, 15.8 ppg; 82 three pt goals)

Last edited:
And approximately one year from today? We will probably see the same announcement from Kris Murray.

Kinda cool that both Keegan and his dad scored over 1,000 points at Iowa. But just imagine if Keegan had played 2 more years; he scored 822 points this year; he might have ended up with over 2,600 in four years.

2,613 points is the All Time B1G Record (Calbert Cheaney, Indiana, 1990-1993).

@PHawkKenyon ...1,230
(4 yrs: 1993-1996, 124 GP, .462 FG%, 9.9 ppg; 49 three pt goals)

Keegan Murray......1,046 (2 yrs: 2021-2022, 66 GP, .543 FG%, 15.8 ppg; 82 three pt goals)
Whew! Kenyon can still say he scored more points in his iowa career.
good luck in the NBA Keegan. Hope he somehow ends up with the T-wolves but I don’t see him still being available when they pick.

Good luck, Keegan...will be rooting you on in the NBA..Thanks for being a great Hawkeye.

Go get them keegan! It was joy watching you play for the hawks. I love your and Kris's demeanor on the floor. Good luck in the NBA, we all will be following you

Reactions: Hawkeyesgonewild
Glad he got to play for the Hawks. Would have been a tragedy if he didnt wear the black and gold. I saw a NBA comparison to Pascal Siakam from the Raptors. I hope he is even better. I will be back with season tickets for the Pacers if they are lucky enough to get him!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT