ADVERTISEMENT

Noted: Nikki Haley proposes a mental acuity test for lawmakers over 75

I’d like to have a law that no one can hold a federally elected office if 75 or older. IMO they don’t have enough skin in the game to solve future problems. At 75 you should have enough money to retire and if you don’t, you’re probably not going to make good decisions for the rest of us.

I’d like to have a law that no one can hold a federally elected office if 75 or older. IMO they don’t have enough skin in the game to solve future problems. At 75 you should have enough money to retire and if you don’t, you’re probably not going to make good decisions for the rest of us.
Even 75 is too old, IMO. If you are eligible for Social Security, no more politics for you.

Reactions: UKGrad93
Methinks Ms. Haley is making a populist appeal to a Question which she truly knows the answer.
Her appeal for a “mental acquity test” is Dog whistle to her supporters and fellow MAGAts claiming President Biden is mentally incompetent to be POTUS, yet it ignores the fact that Biden’s presidency to date is full of (bipartisan) accomplishments. It has hardly been the failure she wants it to be.
A test for mental competence will show what? Other than the fact that the president is competent, it just adds to “the noise.” And guys, there is enough noise presently...we need no more!
Nikki...gimme your plan to ease immigration issues. Gimme your ideas on solving income inequity. Gimme your ideas on infrastructure building. Tell me how you and yours plan on “balancing the budget”! Quit the bullshit please....answer me a question or two that means something.

Reactions: cigaretteman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT