ADVERTISEMENT

Notre Dame and sanity

KujawaFan

HR MVP
Jan 13, 2003
Ok am I am happy with our overall play? No. Happy with losing a couple of 17 year olds? No. Happy with our lack of WR's? No. But look at Texas, MSU, Georgia, USC, Stanford and especially ND who hand picks their schedule including dates. Each of those schools have "superior" recruits but we may end up with a better record than all of them. Everybody needs to calm down.

Yeah they are all still kicking our @ss in the recruiting game.

Did we beat them? Nope

So they are having a crappy year, but are still able to get top level recruits. We can't seem to even after a 12-2 season.

Every team (except maybe Bama) has it good and bad seasons. Iowa is having a down season and that is the only team I care about it. So, I will listen and comment about the Hawks on how they can get to be a better team. Screw the rest of them.

Reactions: BigHawksFan
I would rather take a 2-5 record this year with their year in and year out recruiting.. if they were in a conference they'd have realistic title expectations every year!

Iowa would be 1-6 against their schedule this year..
Lol, no. No they wouldn't. Prob 4-3 or 5-2. The more I think about it I'm not sure who on ND's schedule would've beat Iowa. I think they've played ZERO current top 25 teams. Must be nice playing such a weak schedule.

Lol, no. No they wouldn't. Prob 4-3 or 5-2. The more I think about it I'm not sure who on ND's schedule would've beat Iowa. I think they've played ZERO current top 25 teams. Must be nice playing such a weak schedule.
Common Rocky, I hate the Irish as much as anybody. The weak schedule claim is nonsense. You do remember who you played last year. Nobody knew how down some teams would be but they have Texas, Michigan State, Stanford, Miami, Virginia Tech, and USC.

Common Rocky, I hate the Irish as much as anybody. The weak schedule claim is nonsense. You do remember who you played last year. Nobody knew how down some teams would be but they have Texas, Michigan State, Stanford, Miami, Virginia Tech, and USC.
Off the top of my head, they've played ZERO current top 25 teams correct? Iowa's played 1 more than that.

Ok am I am happy with our overall play? No. Happy with losing a couple of 17 year olds? No. Happy with our lack of WR's? No. But look at Texas, MSU, Georgia, USC, Stanford and especially ND who hand picks their schedule including dates. Each of those schools have "superior" recruits but we may end up with a better record than all of them. Everybody needs to calm down.

And all of those teams, except probably Michigan State, would still beat Iowa this year, in some cases quite handily. Stanford would beat Iowa even without Christian McCaffery. The only good news in that matchup is that the team probably wouldn't be down 35-0 at halftime ... more like being down 17-6 at halftime. Granted, that's quite an improvement from last year ... against a team that has yet to win a PAC12 game this year, though.

And all of those teams, except probably Michigan State, would still beat Iowa this year, in some cases quite handily. Stanford would beat Iowa even without Christian McCaffery. The only good news in that matchup is that the team probably wouldn't be down 35-0 at halftime ... more like being down 17-6 at halftime. Granted, that's quite an improvement from last year ... against a team that has yet to win a PAC12 game this year, though.
17-6 is right where we want them, so we can kick a field goal and win it in the third quarter.

Reactions: Eternal Return
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT