ADVERTISEMENT

November is going to be a bloodbath

It isn't even that close and you are right. It is truly stunning to watch the arrogance of tge democrats as if Trump isn't capable. It is the exact same script as 2016
To be fair, Trump has to thread the needle here. He isn't even the popular vote and is strongly disliked. He has little margin for error. But the pathway is there for sure.

Based upon what Constitutional provisions?

A: There are none. They can try to send fake electors, again, but this time they'll be arrested immediately.

Do you think GOP state legislatures won’t name their own electors? And do you trust this SCOTUS to do the right thing?

States legislatures do have considerable discretion in naming their electors. They decide who is a real elector and who is a fake. It will be ugly.

Certainly very few people are excited about either candidate. At least 70% of people want neither. It’s purely a vote for the least bad. Nobody should run when they are too old to finish a term. And a horrible VP waiting in the wings babbling nonsense.
This.

The lack of imagination and variation in American voting trends can only be compared, fairly at that, to a Brian Ferentz offense.

Biden vs. Trump II cannot be the best America comes up with it. It just can’t.

It isn't even that close and you are right. It is truly stunning to watch the arrogance of tge democrats as if Trump isn't capable. It is the exact same script as 2016
I haven't seen Democrat arrogance re: 2024 election at any material level. Fear, anxiety, despair, incredulity, etc. all significantly more prevalent. Trump is very likely to lose the popular election for the third straight election. He absolutely has a path via Electoral College. These are objective truths.

Trump's best hope is the political pendulum is ready to swing back slightly in his favor due to Biden fatigue, and that marginal swing could be juuuust enough to push him over the top in the battleground states.

And if that happens, the pendulum will swing mightily back to the Dems in 2028. And so it goes.

It’s already over. Trump leads her by 50 points in the GOP polls. She has a couple of weeks left, tops.

I'm just speechless, I feel like I'm living my life in a fever induced dream.

Just watch, Biden's health will take a turn just before the General Election and then he passes away a few days later. Then the nightmare becomes far too real.

We've become a democracy that's just out wandering around in the wilderness aimlessly.

Do you think GOP state legislatures won’t name their own electors? And do you trust this SCOTUS to do the right thing?

States legislatures do have considerable discretion in naming their electors. They decide who is a real elector and who is a fake. It will be ugly.
Then who recognizes them for the count. Congress correct. Do u think Johnson can keep all 218 or whatever he has in line? It will be interesting if they go that path. A clear majority of people want accept it.

Do you think GOP state legislatures won’t name their own electors?
There is nothing that Constitutionally allows them to do this (US Constitution, or State Constitutions).

They can certainly try it (like this last election) and risk jail time for it.

I agree he sounds intelligent and articulate. But then there is the whole California thing
I’m not sure what you mean. CA is is still the richest state in the country. It’s also a mammoth. It has problems just like every state in the union has. Are CA ‘s problems greater? I’m not sure but I do know their problems get broadcasted to the rest of the country at a greater amount than the problems in other states.

Reactions: McLovin32
I haven't seen Democrat arrogance re: 2024 election at any material level. Fear, anxiety, despair, incredulity, etc. all significantly more prevalent. Trump is very likely to lose the popular election for the third straight election. He absolutely has a path via Electoral College. These are objective truths.

Trump's best hope is the political pendulum is ready to swing back slightly in his favor due to Biden fatigue, and that marginal swing could be juuuust enough to push him over the top in the battleground states.

And if that happens, the pendulum will swing mightily back to the Dems in 2028. And so it goes.
The arrogance by the DNC is not running a primary and allowing a man that is obviously not fit for office to run unopposed. I guess Joe did call dibs 3 years ago....

The arrogance is in thinking they can simply appoint Hillary....I mean Joe....and the voters are obligated to vote for him

The arrogance is Joe not even campaigning

By the way do you really belive 50k people in New Hampshire organically showed up and wrote in Bidens name? Does anyone really believe this?

The arrogance by the DNC is not running a primary and allowing a man that is obviously not fit for office to run unopposed. I guess Joe did call dibs 3 years ago....

The arrogance is in thinking they can simply appoint Hillary....I mean Joe....and the voters are obligated to vote for him

By the way do you really belive 50k people in New Hampshire organically showed up and wrote in Bidens name? Does anyone really believe this?
Yeeesh, not worth saying any more.

No, they do not.

They have Constitutions and laws they are required to follow.

Here is a recent NYT oped:

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/01/22/...ytcore-ios-share&referringSource=articleShare

The scenario we see as the most alarming was made possible by the Supreme Court itself. In a 2020 decision, the court held, in our reading, that state legislatures have the power to direct electors on how to cast their electoral votes. And this opens the door to what we think is the most dangerous strategy: that a legislature would pass a law that directs electors to vote for the candidate the legislature picks.

• Sad
Reactions: lucas80
Based upon what Constitutional provisions?

A: There are none. They can try to send fake electors, again, but this time they'll be arrested immediately.
The normal Germans thought the Weimar Republic had rules that would keep the Nazis out of power. How'd that turn out?

Reactions: Tom Paris
This. He only needs to flip a few states. Consider this. He had 232 electoral votes last time. He would need 270. That's only 38 more electoral votes. If he were to flip Georgia (very possible imo), Arizona(also very possible) and PA (less likely but possible. That is 47 electoral votes and enough for him to regain power. This is much much more likely than people realize.

I think this election is basically a coin flip.
Stupid electoral college. Boy did the Union screw up after the Civil War.

Reactions: srams21
This.

The lack of imagination and variation in American voting trends can only be compared, fairly at that, to a Brian Ferentz offense.

Biden vs. Trump II cannot be the best America comes up with it. It just can’t.
Sad because Biden has accomplished a shit ton and nobody not on the left gives him any credit. It’s the economy stupid! Not for Joe. Low unemployment! Not for Joe. Infrastructure! Not for Joe. We are dumb AF.

You are a crackpot. Take your stations.

Yes, but then again Im not a conspiracy idiot.

I agree that Biden is arrogant and the DNC is enabling him, but there's no reason to think anything was fabricated with the vote in 2024.

A little over 27,500 people wrote-in LBJ back in 1968, so there's history for this type of thing.

Also, there was no "organically showed up". A group of New Hampshire and national Democrats promoted the write-in campaign for weeks.

There is nothing that Constitutionally allows them to do this (US Constitution, or State Constitutions).

They can certainly try it (like this last election) and risk jail time for it.

Im with @artradley on this one. Yes, sure, each state is supposed to follow the existing procedures and policies. But I expect some states to drag feet and find ways to at least delay certification once they see which way this is headed. Meanwhile he will be in front of any camera hollerin' about fake voters and that losing is inconceivable. If anything should be learned about recent history, each state that is heavily red will ignore standards they don't agree with to get the end result the states' GOP wants. If you don't expect them to try something and at least delay, you are fooling yourself.

What they are allowed to do vs what they do have been diverging. It's a good time to be in election law!

Reactions: artradley
Sad because Biden has accomplished a shit ton and nobody not on the left gives him any credit. It’s the economy stupid! Not for Joe. Low unemployment! Not for Joe. Infrastructure! Not for Joe. We are dumb AF.

3.3% Q4 growth now.

When all the MAGA/Fox economists were telling us a recession was in play...

3.3% Q4 growth now.

When all the MAGA/Fox economists were telling us a recession was in play...
123686890_10157932816905945_9166820375927284421_n.jpg

Polls say otherwise
Polls? Biden hasn't even started campaigning yet. All they have to do is put commercial after commercial out there of the stupid things Trump does and says.

Which guy has a legit chance of going to jail in 2025? Rhymes with dump.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT