ADVERTISEMENT

Now That the Season is Over, Who Transfers Out?

Ulis isn't going anywhere. He starts at a Big 10 program, yet doesn't have the talent to get playing time at a mid-major. He'll never find a better situation than he has at Iowa, where we've got years without even a below average point guard.
michael-scott-wink.gif

Ulis isn't going anywhere. He starts at a Big 10 program, yet doesn't have the talent to get playing time at a mid-major. He'll never find a better situation than he has at Iowa, where we've got years without even a below average point guard.
Guess he feels differently.

None of us have inner knowledge so this is all speculation.

80% probability Ulis stays. Ulis demand on portal would be low and he'd have to take a step down in prestige. Also Ulis home is Illinois, not many places closer than Iowa. Ulis seems okay with 15 minutes per game..

I think you have underestimated Bowen's probability of transferring. Bowen will go to portal because he would have high market demand + he is from out East to begin with. + Dixon passed him on Fran's rotation + Fran is not type of coach to promise PT. IF the Swarm gave him obscene money, that could change things but I think Perkins would be the primary Swarm target.

I think the Swarm may be able to keep Perkins and he l has to be paid because some other big10 team would pay him if Iowa doesn't.

JoshO---has no alternatives, he already failed to land a spot last year in Portal. I think Fran may seek a Medical retirement scholarship for Josh, but since Fran usually has a couple free schollies anyway, it isn't necessary. JOsh and Mulvey both seem like great teammates.

Kris Murray can get paid wherever he chooses to go. I doubt Swarm has enough NIL money to keep him.

I think Fran may pick up a portal player, but it would likely be a leftover, unless the Swarm came through with
top market offer

PMAC will start next year. CMAC will coaching in some form at Iowa in next 2-3 years. Much like KF, Fran will want to exploit the move to the front of the line, don't pay any dues path to career advancement for your progeny. This is a fringe benefit at Nepotism University.
Well, your prognostication on Ulis is already wrong, Nostradamus.

I think Fran does makes playing time promises to some players (Woodbury) and Im hoping that Ulis transferring means Bowen will be staying, most likely with a starting promise. If that happens, I’m pretty excited about next year. I like the Even Brauns kid coming in, I like Dix and Bowen and I like Sandfort and Perkins. I think Fran will pick up one more “best available “ player from the portal and we will have a solid to really good year. It will be a more guard centric team, which is a good thing.

Interesting take.

You say with ignorant certainty (and inappropriate rage) that Uhlis was losing his starting job and that's why he left. He lost it to whom? He averaged 23 minutes per game this year despite being a complete non-factor in every facet of the game. The only other player who brought the ball down the court aside from Uhlis was Connor, and he graduated.

If Fran planned on having Bowen overtake Uhlis and showed Uhlis the door, explain to me why Fran chose to play Bowen just:

4 min; 3 min; 1 min; 3 min; 3 min in his last five Big 10 games?

Ya think successful coach would give all the experience and playing time to a guy who was leaving and stick the future star on the bench to learn by osmosis? Nope. That makes no sense and generally prompts a transfer. Or perhaps you think a true freshmen from small town Illinois was promised a spot in the starting lineup over a senior starter? Sure.

Next, you cry "you are always insulting and never say anything positive" in very the same paragraph you say "UNI wouldn't even want" a guy who's been on scholarship at Iowa for the past 3 years while calling a poster "clueless" for not agreeing with an opinion of yours. lol

You call yourself Bishop but your argue effectively is more at the level of a Pawn.
Ulis averaged only 15 minutes and 2 points the last 5 games, and was rarely in the last half of second halves. Being a starter held zero relevance. Pretty sure the writing was all over the wall.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT