ADVERTISEMENT

*****NY Liberty at Indiana Fever Game Thread*****

Boston is constantly getting her shot blocked

not impressed
Breanna Stewart is putting on a clinic tonight. That said, I feel like Boston is having the same problem Clark is. Nothing in this offense is geared to take advantage of the strengths of these players. Everything is a play where it is one player against one or more defenders. Maybe they are trying a new offense and just haven't learned it yet but it looks just awful right now.

I've now watched several games and Indiana is not in the same stratosphere as the other teams I've watched regardless if somebody has a great game.

As my son keeps telling me, they had the number 1 pick for a reason. To which I remembered it was 2 years in a row, and they may have had the number 2 before that?

They are poor, just a hodgepodge of role players and AB, whom I love as a human being. Misses copious layups and has since I started watching her a few years ago. Clark is out of sync for sure, but she honestly doesn’t know what they want her to do. You don’t draft a ball handler and play her routinely off the ball unless your screening for looks and they aren’t doing that for anyone🤷‍♂️

As my son keeps telling me, they had the number 1 pick for a reason. To which I remembered it was 2 years in a row, and they may have had the number 2 before that?

They are poor, just a hodgepodge of role players and AB, whom I love as a human being. Misses copious layups and has since I started watching her a few years ago. Clark is out of sync for sure, but she honestly doesn’t know what they want her to do. You don’t draft a ball handler and play her routinely off the ball unless your screening for looks and they aren’t doing that for anyone🤷‍♂️

Kelsey Mitchell:...#2 Overall pick in 2018

Nalyssa Smith:….#2 Overall pick in 2022

Aliyah Boston:.….#1 Overall pick in 2023

Caitlin Clark:.....….#1 Overall pick in 2024

8qbxq6.jpg

Couldn't catch the first half of the game, but it looks like that was a good thing. Man, this sucks to see CC struggling like this. I can only assume the offensive scheme hasn't improved since last game. But it looks like she's shooting less and trying to facilitate the ball more.

After watching almost one and a half WNBA games I get why nobody watches.
I was thinking the same thing. Fever is very poorly coached team IMO and someone else commented the coach is not bright enough to leverage CC and Boston's strengths. Not to mention they are playing a half-court game and do not have 3/4 shooters.

At this point IMO Boston is overrated as well.

Couldn't catch the first half of the game, but it looks like that was a good thing. Man, this sucks to see CC struggling like this. I can only assume the offensive scheme hasn't improved since last game. But it looks like she's shooting less and trying to facilitate the ball more.
I feel like they have made a concerted effort to feed Boston more under the basket. The problem is Stewart is absolutely destroying them there. Clark has had a few really good feeds to her. Players out of position is killing them.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT