ADVERTISEMENT

*****Offical 2023 Recruiting Thread*****

tumblr_m0wi8i3LZA1r8anu1o6_r1_250.gif

Has anyone seen the new in-state LB offer, Derek Weisskopt, on the field? What is the scoop on him?
The other recruiting site gave Iowa a CB before he's even visited.

Have seen him play. Good athlete and as someone else thought...decent speed. Very muscular for a hs sophomore.

Reactions: NevadaHawk
The other recruiting site gave Iowa a CB before he's even visited.

Have seen him play. Good athlete and as someone else thought...decent speed. Very muscular for a hs sophomore.
I believe I remember reading that he said that he grew up an Iowa State fan. However, more of late ... he's gone to Iowa games. Given this tidbit, I was a little surprised that Bock gave him a CB to Iowa.

Also, it's odd/interesting that Iowa State hasn't offered yet. They offer everybody!

All the same, the proximity of Williamsburg to Iowa shouldn't hurt. Hopefully proximity to home helps the Hawkeye cause.

H
I believe I remember reading that he said that he grew up an Iowa State fan. However, more of late ... he's gone to Iowa games. Given this tidbit, I was a little surprised that Bock gave him a CB to Iowa.

Also, it's odd/interesting that Iowa State hasn't offered yet. They offer everybody!

All the same, the proximity of Williamsburg to Iowa shouldn't hurt. Hopefully proximity to home helps the Hawkeye cause.
Williamsburg is predominantly a Hawkeye town, but he was recruited from Victor.

He really is that typical Iowa linebacker we're used to seeing. I get the vibe that he'll be a Hawkeye shortly after his upcoming visit.

Reactions: NevadaHawk
H
Williamsburg is predominantly a Hawkeye town, but he was recruited from Victor.

He really is that typical Iowa linebacker we're used to seeing. I get the vibe that he'll be a Hawkeye shortly after his upcoming visit.
He already visited. That’s when he was offered. I would be surprised if he committed that soon.

He already visited. That’s when he was offered. I would be surprised if he committed that soon.
He’s visiting this weekend (or at least that was his next scheduled visit). Iowa asked him and his family to come yesterday and they offered. My guess he’ll still be there this weekend since Iowa didn’t practice yesterday and will be Saturday. Also, guessing they wanted to talk to him in-person prior to him visiting ISU (tomorrow?).

Reactions: David1979
Lauck set up an official visit for June. Really good list of OVs in June that will surely grow.

Also, good DL visitors this weekend.

Reactions: nwhawkincr
I also think this a great one to start up.

Committed Players:
DL: Maddux Borcherding-Johnson
LB: Ben Keuter
DL: Chase Brackney
QB: Marco Lainez
WR: Alex Mota
DB: John Nestor

June 24-25 Official Visitors (Big Weekend)
DB: John Nestor (Commit)
DE: Jordan Allen
WR: Andre Davis
DE: Chase Brackney (Commit)
WR: Kai Black
DB: Jamison Patton
OT: Logan Howland
WR: Alex Mota (Commit)
OT: Trevor Lauck
DT: Maddux Borcherding-Johnson (Commit)
C: Leighton Jones (Commit)
QB: Marco Lainez (Commit)

Other Notable Targets

LB: Asa Newsom
DE: Messiah Blair
DE: Kenneth Merriweather
DT: Tyler Gant
DE: Adepoju Adebawore
RB: Kendrick Raphael
WR: Josh Manning
WR: Chase Hendricks
TE: Zach Ortwerth
TE: Jackson Carver
OL: Kadyn Proctor
OL: Joe Otting
OL: Trevor Buhr
LB: Kooper Ebel
DB: Amare Snowden
DB: Cameren Jenkins
DB: Caden Jenkins
DB: Daniel Demery
Updated with targets we are pursuing now and the official visits.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT