ADVERTISEMENT

*****Offical 2023 Recruiting Thread*****

Unless I'm missing the sarcasm here I don't know how you could come to that conclusion. ISU has eight 5.5 rated kids. Iowa has one. That doesn't seem very comparable to me.
By ISU standards...that is the 5☆ culture we hear so much about.

If Proctor commits they will have one 5*, one 4* and a bunch of 3*s. If they fill the rest of the slots with 3* players it might finish around 30th. Not saying there is anything wrong with that but It doesn't scream "special".
Iowa already has 2 4*'s, Lainez was a 4*, and Kueter could very well end up a 4*.

Reactions: Frosty7130
If Proctor commits they will have one 5*, one 4* and a bunch of 3*s. If they fill the rest of the slots with 3* players it might finish around 30th. Not saying there is anything wrong with that but It doesn't scream "special".
Lauck
KP
Raphael
Howland
Keuter
Terek
Merrieweather

All guys who have a decent chance to be a 4 star or better rating once their senior seasons conclude

We have two 4* commits already.

So you think ISU will finish around 30th?

Nope. I doubt ISU finishes 30th. I expect Iowa to close stronger than them just like last year. I think it will be a good class. Now let's see if they can find a difference-maker at WR to go along with the good RB from FL.

Lauck
KP
Raphael
Howland
Keuter
Terek
Merrieweather

All guys who have a decent chance to be a 4 star or better rating once their senior seasons conclude
Just look at the offers. Lauck has Michigan and Ohio St. Howland has Michigan and Oklahoma. Terek has Michigan. Merrieweather has Oregon. And that's not including Proctor who has everyone. Aside from Kohl, whose best offer would probably be Penn St., none of ISU's recruits have anything close. Recruiting isn't over, they may have some big fish on the hook, who knows.

Jaron Tibbs committing tomorrow. Looks like Purdue. Gonna have to poach some MAC schools in the Fall

i expect Merrieweather and Terek this Week Myself . As far as WR We have Mota but could really use 1-2 more , Iowa will find someone it is not panic time .
Yeah, I would think they would add at least one other WR and then maybe get a transfer to balance classes. either find a Senior WR that emerges or a decommit from another school later on. Also wonder why they dropped off recruiting guys like Chase Hendricks and Bryson Vowell?

i expect Merrieweather and Terek this Week Myself . As far as WR We have Mota but could really use 1-2 more , Iowa will find someone it is not panic time .
Well, considering our low-level WR play as a general fact...it may be justified for "panic" though it's also an option to just simply be realistic i.e. Iowa just doesn't have much of a passing attack, which will naturally not attract legit WRs.

Maybe they choose to put a guy like Ostrenga out wide at 6'4"? I don't know. Things aren't going to change for us offensively until we change our overall mindset. Until then? Boredom in Yawn City when on offense.

Yeah, I would think they would add at least one other WR and then maybe get a transfer to balance classes. either find a Senior WR that emerges or a decommit from another school later on. Also wonder why they dropped off recruiting guys like Chase Hendricks and Bryson Vowell?
No idea , I havnt heard much about WR, all on the Lines.

Well, considering our low-level WR play as a general fact...it may be justified for "panic" though it's also an option to just simply be realistic i.e. Iowa just doesn't have much of a passing attack, which will naturally not attract legit WRs.

Maybe they choose to put a guy like Ostrenga out wide at 6'4"? I don't know. Things aren't going to change for us offensively until we change our overall mindset. Until then? Boredom in Yawn City when on offense.
That doesnt make any sense at all, None of the Commits in this class will play this Season , That leaves the rest of this recruiting cycle as well as the next portal dump to address the position if needed . Like I said there is zero reason to panic espeicailly when You already have 1 really good athlete in Mota added to the WR room with Copeland still grinding.

Reactions: NevadaHawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT