ADVERTISEMENT

*****Offical 2023 Recruiting Thread*****

I like Howland's upside better than Terek's. Proctor, Lauck, Howland, Jones would be a great OL class. Leonard is going to be a project but he may be a monster by his 3rd or 4th year. Howland and Jones will need 2-3 years as well which is OK considering how many second and third-year players there are.

Proctor and Howland would make it a very good class. Howland is a better tackle prospect than Terek but Terek is a better inside prospect. But it's not wise imo to count on either. Teams like 'Bama and Oklahoma are hard to beat when they push hard.

Reactions: Shirley Dock
Proctor and Howland would make it a very good class. Howland is a better tackle prospect than Terek but Terek is a better inside prospect. But it's not wise imo to count on either. Teams like 'Bama and Oklahoma are hard to beat when they push hard.

Exactly, none of these guys have even committed so what's the saying, "don't count your chickens".....

Is Terek commits to Wisconsin it doesn't mean anything other than Iowa lost the recruiting battle

So...wait...our big recruiting weekend yielded one commitment? What is happening here?

What is Proctor's timeline i.e. expected date for a decision?

What is going on here is it has only been a couple of days...
Yeah, I know - I guess I just assumed the overall consensus was there would be more commits. Especially considering most other programs having already hosted their big, official weekend prior to Iowa's.

Wonder what the average number of commits is for us immediately following the big weekend...

Iowa needs Brecht to emerge as an option this year. And they need to passing game and the WRs to look good this year to be able to get decent recruits.
It would be huge if KJ is fully healthy and can add some consistency to his game. I'm not worried about Bruce, he's going to be a stud.....

What WR wouldn’t seriously consider Purdue under Brohm?
Players who want a chance to win championships. It’s not happening at Purdue. Don’t let your high mark of 9-4 fool you. Purdue is going to drop to or near the bottom of the BT once again this season. You are the Spoilermakers and that’s it.

Reactions: BBHawk
Is Tom Poholsky's kid a QB? Interesting PWO opportunity. Wasn't Tom's dad a MLB pitcher back in the day?

Players who want a chance to win championships. It’s not happening at Purdue. Don’t let your high mark of 9-4 fool you. Purdue is going to drop to or near the bottom of the BT once again this season. You are the Spoilermakers and that’s it.

Why so salty?

Reactions: HawkinK.C.1
Want to bet they will win 9 this year?
I would have to look at their schedule but I would guess they are a at least a bowl team. Maybe more depending on how their receivers perform. I know they return a lot on defense even though they did lose their best player on D.

Why so salty?
That rotating QBs strategy vs. Iowa was unique. Its hard for me to say whether it confused our defense because, nevertheless, David Bell went back to the buffet and feasted on Iowa DBs again. But it was interesting and you have to give Brohm credit, it could have just as easily failed.

Reactions: BBHawk
I respect Purdue and they always have played spoiler, but they have a very pass heavy offense, Probably more than any other team in the conference, so it’s easier for them to recruit wide receivers. As I will put all the pieces in place to have more of a dynamic offense that does feature the pass and relies on both the pass and the run more or less equally, which as far as I can tell is where they have been trying to move, it will be easier for Iowa to recruit top flight wide receivers. The guys we have in the room right now are awesome, but young.

Reactions: Ree4
Iowa won the west with only 1 healthy in 2021, right?

In any case, with a healthy Keagan, Arland, and Brody, I think this team will exceed expectations offensively.
We lost 2 wr to pu(one of 2 west teams to embarrass us) right?
I'd say we're pretty short on experience their ;).

Iowa won the west with only 1 healthy in 2021, right?

In any case, with a healthy Keagan, Arland, and Brody, I think this team will exceed expectations offensively.
I hope Brecht can emerge in the lineup. That would be pretty big development for the WRs. Allows Johnson to be moved around more.

Reactions: BigOHawk
Yes his kid is a QB and Tom's dad pitched for the Cardinals and a year with the Cubs. He actually pitched a game in the minor leagues where he threw 20 scoreless innings!
No the former pitcher was his grandfather. His father, who was a Iowa QB, died suddenly Oct 2021.

We lost 2 wr to pu(one of 2 west teams to embarrass us) right?
I'd say we're pretty short on experience their ;).
Neither was a starter. Let's see how they do in Purdue's amazing showcase before we throw in towel. Besides, neitger was going to jump Keagan or Arland to start anyway.

Neither was a starter. Let's see how they do in Purdue's amazing showcase before we throw in towel. Besides, neitger was going to jump Keagan or Arland to start anyway.
Despite not being a "starter" I believe Jones had the most snaps at WR last year.

That's pretty much what I said? :)

If KJ and ab are healthy we are fine. if not, well..... no bueno. Unless I'm missing someone Nico is the only other one with real experience

I doubt that, because that would mean he had an incredibly low percentage of targets, considering he was 5th in total receptions.
No idea but Johnson and Bruce didn't get a ton of snaps the first half of the season. Tracys numbers dropped as the season went on. Jones was fairly consistent on his play/# of snaps throughout the season

Reactions: David1979
I doubt that, because that would mean he had an incredibly low percentage of targets, considering he was 5th in total receptions.
I believe that came from Doctherman. And is it that surprising he would have a low percentage of targets? If you are say out there for a large number of running plays there are obviously no targets. Also when you think about him and Ragaini were the only really consistent guys getting time the whole season. What was his total in WR receptions? 3rd and it was only 5 less than Ragaini who is Spencer’s favorite WR target. He isn’t splitting reps with Goodson and LaPorta

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT