ADVERTISEMENT

*****Offical 2023 Recruiting Thread*****

Could see that but I can also see them getting Tate on board and then just kind of waiting it out and seeing if some guys emerge or decommit from other schools like last year. I think they will have most of their class done before the season starts and then can just be patient. I would guess the OL and DL will be done and they can look at WR and CBs and maybe another LB to finish out the class. Hopefully done at TE too. Think they have a good chance to land both.

I wonder if Sama will be at the camp on Thursday?
Sama already camped. I think that offer is probably coming. It’ll be interesting to see how him getting an offer could impact KP and his recruitment.

Bo Mascoe no longer visiting. Down to just one uncommitted DB visiting. Visitor list continues to shrink from the beginning of the month. I feel like the late visit is a bad choice by Iowa. I know they like to have them that weekend for certain reasons but it seems like Iowa takes themselves out of the conversation for some guys by having it later. Still think it could be a very successful weekend though.
I disagree. If guys aren't willing to hold off on committing until after they've visited Iowa, they weren't that serious about their interest to begin with.

I disagree. If guys aren't willing to hold off on committing until after they've visited Iowa, they weren't that serious about their interest to begin with.
I think it’s more of when you know then you know. Many guys have been to schools multiple times including camps, games, junior days etc. so they really already know what they’re getting.

I don't think that is for sure the case. Specifically guys from out of state. In state guys are different because they have been to Iowa presumably several times. Kids can have every intention of visiting all the schools on their list but if they have a great OV at one school things can change. That is where I think Iowa has missed out. Instead of Iowa maybe getting an early OV and changing the thinking for a kid it is the other way around.

Reactions: 515Clone
I don't think that is for sure the case. Specifically guys from out of state. In state guys are different because they have been to Iowa presumably several times. Kids can have every intention of visiting all the schools on their list but if they have a great OV at one school things can change. That is where I think Iowa has missed out. Instead of Iowa maybe getting an early OV and changing the thinking for a kid it is the other way around.
You'd still see just as many "misses", or even some decommits as the high from the visit wears off and they go other places, just in the reverse order.

Iowa likes theirs right before the dead period because it gives them the final impression and lets it simmer during the buildup to the season.

You'd still see just as many "misses", or even some decommits as the high from the visit wears off and they go other places, just in the reverse order.

Iowa likes theirs right before the dead period because it gives them the final impression and lets it simmer during the buildup to the season.
Agree to disagree.

So with today's commitment, I suspect either Howland or Proctor won't be committing. I can't picture them taking three tackles this year after taking two last year. I don't see any of these guys moving inside.

So with today's commitment, I suspect either Howland or Proctor won't be committing. I can't picture them taking three tackles this year after taking two last year. I don't see any of these guys moving inside.
Cannon was a camp offer, so that means he impressed the staff enough to earn it. It probably means they like his long term upside. I wouldn’t be surprised if Howland goes elsewhere though, I kind of feel like he’s heading to a blue blood.

Not that one would expect him to move inside at 6’9” but I find it interesting that it seems Cannon played a lot of guard in HS.

His team must not pass much. Hard for a QB to throw over that.
True. I’ve seen HS coaches play big kids better suited to tackle on the inside when they are more agile and they want to pull guards a lot. I didn’t watch his whole tape yet but if he can move well at his size that would be awesome!

Doesn’t say anything about Proctor. Homeland maybe but that was already the case as it appears Miami and Michigan are getting some buzz there.

Proctor can’t really be considered in the same class because if everything goes to plan he’s done after 3 years and these guys are just starting to play.

Reactions: BBHawk
Proctor can’t really be considered in the same class because if everything goes to plan he’s done after 3 years and these guys are just starting to play.

You still have 5 tackles in two classes. That is about 6% of your 85 schollies. They need interior linemen in this class. They have one center and no guards in sight.

You still have 5 tackles in two classes. That is about 6% of your 85 schollies. They need interior linemen in this class. They have one center and no guards in sight.
All except Proctor and Howland have played some time lined up at guard in high school. I remember when Hayden started Chris Gambol at guard 6-7 315. Other guard was Joe Levelis 6-6 300. Like our current DL the OL will have lot's of flexibility in the future and be massive. 😎❤️🏈

All except Proctor and Howland have played some time lined up at guard in high school. I remember when Hayden started Chris Gambol at guard 6-7 315. Other guard was Joe Levelis 6-6 300. Like our current DL the OL will have lot's of flexibility in the future and be massive. 😎❤️🏈
*6-4+ Levelis' last year was '83. Played tackle his last 2 years. Gambol started in '86.
Gambol did play alongside 6-7+ Herb Wester, though!

I think he’s probably SEC bound.
Two pairs is a winning hand. Lainey/Howland and Gilbert/Tibbs. Close friends from the same school tend to want to play together. Nothing is for sure, but we have a chip, chair and a chance. They are out there. Let's close the deal. 😎❤️🏈

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT