ADVERTISEMENT

*****Offical 2023 Recruiting Thread*****

I wound say they are the biggest dorks of the bunch. Definitely making less money than our engineering rivals.
Hicks, yes(ISU has a considerable amount these too.) Dumber than a dick, yes. Dorks, no.

Last edited:
turning into on hell of a class with Tate's commit. Hopefully they can get some big names to come in this fall if Iowa stays undefeated before that Michigan matchup.
Still the possibility of adding a couple more before the season starts in Allen and Newsom as well. I would guess if they get those two and Vowell, they really won't be going after a ton more. Maybe another WR, TE and OL but I am guessing at that point the focus will be on getting guys from the '24 class in for games.

Reactions: NevadaHawk
Wrong. It's the self-loathing, violent, ignorant, corrupt, and fascist politicians and their beta-male supporters that intrude into my community and make life difficult, so when a poster refuses to accept demonstrable facts, I will call him out on his willful ignorance. Football is driven by money and money is driving everything these days, so if you're unwilling to make any obvious connections so you can have your sheltered and safe dopamine hits from recruiting news, and my comments make you feel unsafe, feel free to put me on ignore.
Seriously dude, no one here wants to read this crap on this board.

Still the possibility of adding a couple more before the season starts in Allen and Newsom as well. I would guess if they get those two and Vowell, they really won't be going after a ton more. Maybe another WR, TE and OL but I am guessing at that point the focus will be on getting guys from the '24 class in for games.
Fully agree, it would be nice to see the WR position filled out with some talent if the offense can show some kind of improvement. Not to mention a little more on the DL side with someone like Gilbert.

Reactions: not_mantiteo
We need to spend money on receivers, not that we do that at Iowa…. But we should.
Bruce and Johnson were VERY good gets. Remember Brody Brecht? He's still on board and looking to make an impact this year. Bostick was a decent get. Vines might finally have a chance to shine this year.

I think that last year was an aberration because Tracy just didn't show up like he should have and there just wasn't the senior leadership that Iowa had the years before. The 2 years before (2019 and 2020) Iowa had Smith and Smith-Marsette. That was a great receiving tandem, developed at Iowa. I expect the current receivers group to show a lot more this fall and to be leaders this year and next.

Wrong. It's the self-loathing, violent, ignorant, corrupt, and fascist politicians and their beta-male supporters that intrude into my community and make life difficult, so when a poster refuses to accept demonstrable facts, I will call him out on his willful ignorance. Football is driven by money and money is driving everything these days, so if you're unwilling to make any obvious connections so you can have your sheltered and safe dopamine hits from recruiting news, and my comments make you feel unsafe, feel free to put me on ignore.
Boooo this man.

Seriously though, stop talking s**t or just STFU entirely.

Bruce and Johnson were VERY good gets. Remember Brody Brecht? He's still on board and looking to make an impact this year. Bostick was a decent get. Vines might finally have a chance to shine this year.

I think that last year was an aberration because Tracy just didn't show up like he should have and there just wasn't the senior leadership that Iowa had the years before. The 2 years before (2019 and 2020) Iowa had Smith and Smith-Marsette. That was a great receiving tandem, developed at Iowa. I expect the current receivers group to show a lot more this fall and to be leaders this year and next.
Hard to believe a year ago that Tracy was one of the three players to attend the BIG Football kickoff.

It seemed like he pouted most of the year. I was shocked after all his talk about team.
That's the thing ... guys can still be close together and care about pulling each other up (i.e. being a good teammate). However, a guy can still also be self-serving as it relates to his own interests.

My impression is that Tracy may have managed to mostly do the right thing as it related to the locker room ... by not being divisive. However, his lack of development through the year clearly was a function of his lack of confidence in his QB (and himself). A guy has to be better than that and try to make everyone around him better.

Guys like Bruce and Johnson put the struggles of Petras (and Padilla) behind them ... and they seemed to improve through much of the season.

That's the thing ... guys can still be close together and care about pulling each other up (i.e. being a good teammate). However, a guy can still also be self-serving as it relates to his own interests.

My impression is that Tracy may have managed to mostly do the right thing as it related to the locker room ... by not being divisive. However, his lack of development through the year clearly was a function of his lack of confidence in his QB (and himself). A guy has to be better than that and try to make everyone around him better.

Guys like Bruce and Johnson put the struggles of Petras (and Padilla) behind them ... and they seemed to improve through much of the season.
And Johnson was fighting illness. He's one tough kid!

Reactions: ClarindaA's
I only counted 4 Iowa commitments that had Purdue offers not 5.

Yep we only land kids because of scummy recruiting tactics 😂😂😂

Nestor, Jones, Raphael, Lauck, and Ortwerth. And counting...

...add Merrieweather to that making 6 now. Apparently IF Purdue was using negative recruiting it appears to be failing.
...and now add Tate. That makes 7 over Purdue. 🙂

Reactions: F5n5
Film is very good, kid has some wheels and hops, sign him up! Highlights better than Vowell IMO.
Can we signup the QB in the video too? Wow..reminds me of Drew Tate, looks like a fun, creative offense, maybe BF can get some tips...:)

Looks pretty solid. Gets in and out of his breaks well and showed a pretty good vertical. Hard to say how fast he is but looks at least adequate. I think he played against good competition.
It is kind of puzzling that he isn't rated. I would guess 5.6 when they get around to it. I would be happy if he picks the Hawks.

Looks pretty solid. Gets in and out of his breaks well and showed a pretty good vertical. Hard to say how fast he is but looks at least adequate. I think he played against good competition.
It is kind of puzzling that he isn't rated. I would guess 5.6 when they get around to it. I would be happy if he picks the Hawks.
Rumors flying around that there are some academic concerns.

Not trying to be a killjoy.

That seems strange in that Iowa just offered him. I would guess they are aware of any of those rumors.
I read numerous message boards.

I am in no way disparaging him. Just referring to the comments of his offer list.

I trust the Iowa coaches have done due diligence.

I read numerous message boards.

I am in no way disparaging him. Just referring to the comments of his offer list.

I trust the Iowa coaches have done due diligence.
Yeah, if they just offered, I would guess those concerns; if they exist, have been alleviated.

Reactions: MitchLL
Probably either Allen or Newsom. Seems like both might make a decision before their Senior year starts which isn't too far away.
It's funny you mentioned Allen. I was surfing the Clone board and someone was clever enough to state..."Is Allen still a take"?

Translation, if he chooses Iowa, Matty has better options and turned him down. If he picks Ames, he's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

It's funny you mentioned Allen. I was surfing the Clone board and someone was clever enough to state..."Is Allen still a take"?

Translation, if he chooses Iowa, Matty has better options and turned him down. If he picks Ames, he's the greatest thing since sliced bread.
Twins' newest alt is already trying to push the narrative that we wanted Kohl over Lainez, which is 100% false

No that makes complete sense, since Iowa took Lainez while Kohl was still uncommitted.
I know people very very well who are very good friends with the Kohls and JJ was never coming to Iowa. He was born and bred ISU all the way. Have that one very good authority.

I know people very very well who are very good friends with the Kohls and JJ was never coming to Iowa. He was born and bred ISU all the way. Have that one very good authority.
Pistachio, my son plays football at Ankeny. I was going to school at ISU when Jamie was kicking there. I think it’s common knowledge he was never going to Iowa. I was being sarcastic in my earlier post.

Is he off his ban over there?
They need the traffic on the ISU forum as the mods had earlier been BEGGING for paid subscriptions.

So I think they somewhat welcome Twins posts because it creates some conversation.

But the "homers" on that forum are hilarious. BC Clone and a few others are dumb as a rock.

Reactions: David1979
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT