ADVERTISEMENT

****Official 2019 Super Regionals (Sweet 16) & College World Series Thread (SEC/ACC Dominating)****

how do they sell the tickets? do they clear the stadium after each game?
I scored my tix from the wifes old boss....
I dont know if you can buy all sessions, day sessions or what? I just have 4 tix for game 12 Friday night..

He had several game tix so he probably got all session passes or daily passes...

I cant remember how they do it any more, been a cpl years since I've attended...

Reactions: Franisdaman
I scored my tix from the wifes old boss....
I dont know if you can buy all sessions, day sessions or what? I just have 4 tix for game 12 Friday night..

He had several game tix so he probably got all session passes or daily passes...

I cant remember how they do it any more, been a cpl years since I've attended...
i still can't believe Michigan is basically a Final 4 team!

Reactions: WestIAHawk
2019 College World Series Schedule, Bracket & Results
* June 15-26, 2019
* TD Ameritrade Park, Omaha, NE

* DOUBLE ELIMINATION IN BRACKET PLAY
* THEN BEST OF 3 CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES

BRACKET ONE (Double Elimination):

Bracket Records:
2-0 Michigan (48-20)
2-1 #8 Texas Tech (46-19)
1-2 Florida State (42-23) ELIMINATED
0-2 #5 Arkansas (46-20) ELIMINATED

RESULTS/SCHEDULE:

Fri June 21, 2019 (Game 11)
#8 Texas Tech vs Michigan, 1 pm CT ESPN

Wed June 19, 2019
#8 Texas Tech 4, Florida State 1 (2 LOSSES; ELIMINATED)

Mon June 17, 2019
#8 Texas Tech 5, #5 Arkansas 4 (2 LOSSES; ELIMINATED)
Michigan 2, Florida State 0

Sat June 15, 2019
Michigan 5, Texas Tech 3
Florida State 1, Arkansas 0

Rankings are from D1baseball.com
#5 Arkansas (46-20)
#8 Texas Tech (46-19)

Michigan (48-20)...beat #22 Creighton & #1 UCLA to get to CWS
Florida St. (42-23)...beat #7 Georgia & #12 LSU to get to CWS

BRACKET TWO (Double Elimination):

Bracket Records:
2-0 #2 Vanderbilt (56-11)
1-1 #3 Mississippi State (52-14)
1-1 #11 Louisville (50-17)

0-2 Auburn (38-28) ELIMINATED

RESULTS/SCHEDULE:

Fri June 21, 2019 (Game 12)
#2 Vanderbilt vs Winner of #11 Louisville / #3 Mississippi State, 6 pm CT ESPN

Thur June 20, 2019
#11 Louisville vs #3 Mississippi State (ELIMINATION GAME), 7 pm CT, ESPN2

Wed June 19, 2019

#11 Louisville 5, Auburn 3 (2 LOSSES; ELIMINATED)
#2 Vanderbilt 6, #3 Mississippi State 3

Tues June 18, 2019

RAIN OUT--Games rescheduled to Wed, June 19

Sun June 16, 2019
#2 Vanderbilt 3, #11 Louisville 1
#3 Mississippi State 5, Auburn 4

#2 Vanderbilt (56-11)

#3 Mississippi St. (52-14)...beat #4 Stanford to get to CWS

#11 Louisville (50-17)...beat Unranked Illinois St & #10 East Carolina to get to CWS
Auburn (38-28)...beat #6 Georgia Tech & #15 North Carolina to get to CWS

LINK TO CWS SCHEDULE:
https://www.ncaa.com/news/baseball/article/college-world-series-schedule

LINK TO THE 2019 D1 BASEBALL CHAMPIONSHIP OFFICIAL BRACKET: https://www.ncaa.com/brackets/baseball/d1/2019

The 8 CWS Teams, by Conference:
* SEC (4)
* ACC (2)
* B1G (1)
* Big 12 (1)

There you go, @WestIAHawk , you lazy bastard!

;)

@WestIAHawk , note the 2 game Friday schedule & the TIMES:

Last edited:
@WestIAHawk , note the 2 game Friday schedule & the TIMES:

Looking forward to tomorrow...
TTech/Mich rematch...
Game 12 should be a doozy...

Last edited:
After a conversation with a colleague a couple of days ago, I did some looking at the B1G's history in the CWS. I knew that the results weren't going to be great but I was surprised at the absolute lack of success. I don't have the notes in front of me so I'm going by memory . . .

Last B1G CWS appearance - 2013 Indiana.
Second last B1G CWA appearance - 1986 Michigan.
Last B1G CWS championship - 1966 Ohio State.
Second last CWS championship appearance - 1965 Ohio State (runner up)

Essentially, if Michigan can beat Texas Tech and advance to the finals, it will be the first B1G team in the CWS finals in the last 53 years.

These are current B1G teams which have never appeared in a CWS during their existence (regardless of conference affiliation):
-Northwestern
-Illinois
-Purdue
-Maryland

These are current B1G teams which have never appeared in a CWS since joining the B1G but who have appeared in the CWS while affiliated with a different conference:
-Nebraska (3 times)
-Penn State (5)

These are current B1G teams that have appeared in the CWS once during their existence - regardless of conference affiliation at the time - but not won a national title:
-Wisconsin (1)
-Iowa (1)
-Indiana (1)
-Michigan State (1)
-Rutgers (1)

These are current B1G teams that have won the CWS at one time plus number of total appearances:
-Michigan (8 with 2 titles)
-Minnesota (5 with 3 titles)
-Ohio State (2 with 1 title)

B1G had a nice run with championships in '53 (Mich), '56 (Minn), '60 (Minn), '62 (Mich), '64 (Minn) and '66 (OSU) but it has been a dry well ever since.

And, BTW, I did not know and wasn't particularly thrilled to see that Iowa State has been to the CWS twice.

After a conversation with a colleague a couple of days ago, I did some looking at the B1G's history in the CWS. I knew that the results weren't going to be great but I was surprised at the absolute lack of success. I don't have the notes in front of me so I'm going by memory . . .

Essentially, if Michigan can beat Texas Tech and advance to the finals, it will be the first B1G team in the CWS finals in the last 53 years.

These are current B1G teams which have never appeared in a CWS during their existence (regardless of conference affiliation):
-Northwestern
-Illinois
-Purdue
-Maryland

These are current B1G teams which have never appeared in a CWS since joining the B1G but who have appeared in the CWS while affiliated with a different conference:
-Nebraska (3 times)
-Penn State (5)

These are current B1G teams that have appeared in the CWS once during their existence - regardless of conference affiliation at the time - but not won a national title:
-Wisconsin (1)
-Iowa (1)
-Indiana (1)
-Michigan State (1)
-Rutgers (1)

These are current B1G teams that have won the CWS at one time plus number of total appearances:

B1G had a nice run with championships in '53 (Mich), '56 (Minn), '60 (Minn), '62 (Mich), '64 (Minn) and '66 (OSU) but it has been a dry well ever since.

And, BTW, I did not know and wasn't particularly thrilled to see that Iowa State has been to the CWS twice.
thanks; thats a lot of interesting info!

Looking forward to tomorrow...
TTech/Mich rematch...
Game 12 should be a doozy...

So your tickets are only good for Friday night? You cheap bastard, you should buy tickets & go to the Michigan game! ;)

Michigan, as a team, is on 4 days rest! Their pitching should be nicely set up to advance to the National Companionship Best of 3 Series! I am jealous!

Rick Heller has energized Iowa baseball fans. Before Heller, was there this much interest in Iowa baseball & college baseball? Or were Iowa fans mostly counting it down to football season?

I just hope Heller does not lose patience; they have put SOME money into facilities BUT more work / fundraising remains.

@WestIAHawk , come on, you cheap bastard! Donate your millions to Iowa baseball today!

Kauffmann go again for Michigan I wonder, would be six days.
Should be back to the regular rotation. But I've been told the Michigan coaching staff will stay with the same formula that got them here....basically the frontline guys out of the bullpen if needed.

Texas Tech has started to put their offense together. Even despite the broken thumb, having Bolt back in the lineup makes a big difference.

2019 College World Series Schedule, Bracket & Results
* June 15-26, 2019
* TD Ameritrade Park, Omaha, NE

* DOUBLE ELIMINATION IN BRACKET PLAY
* THEN BEST OF 3 CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES

BEST OF 3 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES

Michigan / #8 Texas Tech (Bracket 1 Winner)

vs

#2 Vanderbilt / #11 Louisville (Bracket 2 Winner)

BRACKET ONE RESULTS (Double Elimination):

Bracket Records:
2-0 Michigan (48-20)
2-1 #8 Texas Tech (46-19)
1-2 Florida State (42-23) ELIMINATED
0-2 #5 Arkansas (46-20) ELIMINATED

RESULTS/SCHEDULE:

Wed June 19, 2019
#8 Texas Tech 4, Florida State 1 (2 LOSSES; ELIMINATED)

Mon June 17, 2019
#8 Texas Tech 5, #5 Arkansas 4 (2 LOSSES; ELIMINATED)
Michigan 2, Florida State 0

Sat June 15, 2019
Michigan 5, Texas Tech 3
Florida State 1, Arkansas 0

#5 Arkansas (46-20)
#8 Texas Tech (46-19)

Michigan (48-20)...beat #22 Creighton & #1 UCLA to get to CWS
Florida St. (42-23)...beat #7 Georgia & #12 LSU to get to CWS

BRACKET TWO RESULTS (Double Elimination):

Bracket Records:
2-0 #2 Vanderbilt (56-11)
2-1 #11 Louisville (51-17)

1-2 #3 Mississippi State (52-15) ELIMINATED
0-2 Auburn (38-28) ELIMINATED

RESULTS/SCHEDULE:

#2 Vanderbilt vs #11 Louisville, 6 pm CT ESPN

Thur June 20, 2019
#11 Louisville 4, #3 Mississippi State 3 (2 LOSSES; ELIMINATED)

Wed June 19, 2019

#11 Louisville 5, Auburn 3 (2 LOSSES; ELIMINATED)
#2 Vanderbilt 6, #3 Mississippi State 3

Tues June 18, 2019

RAIN OUT--Games rescheduled to Wed, June 19

Sun June 16, 2019
#2 Vanderbilt 3, #11 Louisville 1
#3 Mississippi State 5, Auburn 4

#2 Vanderbilt (56-11)

#3 Mississippi St. (52-15)...beat #4 Stanford to get to CWS

#11 Louisville (51-17)...beat Unranked Illinois St & #10 East Carolina to get to CWS
Auburn (38-28)...beat #6 Georgia Tech & #15 North Carolina to get to CWS

LINK TO CWS SCHEDULE:
https://www.ncaa.com/news/baseball/article/college-world-series-schedule

LINK TO THE 2019 D1 BASEBALL CHAMPIONSHIP OFFICIAL BRACKET: https://www.ncaa.com/brackets/baseball/d1/2019

The 8 CWS Teams, by Conference:
* SEC (4)
* ACC (2)
* B1G (1)
* Big 12 (1)

There you go, @WestIAHawk , you lazy bastard!

;)

-Northwestern
-Illinois
-Purdue
-Maryland

-Nebraska (3 times)
-Penn State (5)

-Wisconsin (1)
-Iowa (1)
-Indiana (1)
-Michigan State (1)
-Rutgers (1)

What I find interesting is that the 1966 National Champion Ohio State Buckeyes only played 34 games that year (27-6-1). I wonder if it was because of weather?

Conversely, the 1969 champs, Ariz State, played 67 (56-11); the 1968 champs, USC, played 56 (43-12-1); the 1967 champs, Ariz State, played 65 (53-12)

The 1964 champs, Minnesota, played 43 (31-12)

LINK: https://www.ncaa.com/history/baseball/d1

If I recall, the NCAA lowered the number of permissible games to its current 56 from something like 70 to 72 games in the early 90s. Pretty sure that I was in graduate school at the time.

I figure that B1G schools were comparatively limited in number of games due to weather, budgets and available geographic competition.

10-3 Wolverines. Barring a meltdown of immense proportions, the B1G's drought of having a team in the final series is about to end.

Here's hoping that Louisville beats Vandy tonight in 19 innings and that Louisville and Vandy's following game goes another 18 innings.

10-3 Wolverines. Barring a meltdown of immense proportions, the B1G's drought of having a team in the final series is about to end.

Here's hoping that Louisville beats Vandy tonight in 19 innings and that Louisville and Vandy's following game goes another 18 innings.
boy, you sure don't ask for much!

;)

Instead of paying football players and men's basketball players:

Will we ever see college baseball scholarships increase from 11.7?

America loves baseball yet we only offer 11.7 scholarships at the D1 level? Does not make sense to me.

Instead of paying football players and men's basketball players:

Will we ever see college baseball scholarships increase from 11.7?

America loves baseball yet we only offer 11.7 scholarships at the D1 level? Does not make sense to me.

This has boggled my mind for years.

This has boggled my mind for years.
Also, could this explain why MLB teams have to rely on other countries (Venezuela; the Dominican Republic; etc) for players? Great athletes in the United States probably see a better future playing basketball & football. If there were better college opportunities (more money for scholarships) in college baseball, maybe there would be more athletes in the United States playing baseball.

Did I hear it right? You can have 37 players on your roster during the regular season and 25 for the NCAA tournament?

11.7 scholarships for 37 players?

I thought it was a max of 35 on the roster and of those 35, 27 of them could split those 11.7 scholarships. And I believe any player getting a scholarship had to receive at least 25% of a full scholarship.That rule came in place in 2009.

Prior to 2009, you could have an unlimited roster size, and you could divvy up those 11.7 scholarships to as many players and at any percentage you wanted.

I thought it was a max of 35 on the roster and of those 35, 27 of them could split those 11.7 scholarships. And I believe any player getting a scholarship had to receive at least 25% of a full scholarship.That rule came in place in 2009.

Prior to 2009, you could have an unlimited roster size, and you could divvy up those 11.7 scholarships to as many players and at any percentage you wanted.
think of the kids' parents who would still say they can't afford the cost that remains

I'm thinking that Texas Tech is not a fan of the NCAA eliminating the "mercy rule" for CWS games.

Michigan will be first team to reach the CWS finals using just three pitchers since Georgia in 1990

The NCAA allows conferences to implement "mercy rules" under certain situations. It does not allow for the "mercy rule" to be used in the NCAA baseball tournament.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT